• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxy with Lyrica?

Axolotln

Bluelighter
My doctor has prescribed me Pregabalin twice daily for my medical condition. I have not started it because I cannot find if it would be safe to add to what I am currently taking, and will not stop what I am currently taking. I haven’t had it before and they do not/ will not know what I am currently taking.

I have been taking Oxycodone almost daily for at least 18months, occasionally other opioids or opiates, as well as Diazepam or rarely another sedative.

Where can I learn more about this before just taking it and seeing if I die or what happens?

Just taper it up, first 75mg, then 100mg, then 150mg 2x daily and you'll be fine. Pregabalin will potentiate the oxy a bit so maybe you can use the chance to cut down a bit on it.

I've been using 600mg+ (sometimes 900 and more) together with 600mg morphine and I am fine. Diazepam is more risky, just with the pregab it will knock you out but if you add an opioid there might be respiratory depression. Pregabalin can replace benzos.

Just taper it up, first 75mg, then 100mg, then 150mg 2x daily and you'll be fine. Pregabalin will potentiate the oxy a bit so maybe you can use the chance to cut down a bit on it.

I've been using 600mg+ (sometimes 900 and more) together with 600mg morphine and I am fine. Diazepam is more risky, just with the pregab it will knock you out but if you add an opioid there might be respiratory depression. Pregabalin can replace benzos.
So I’ll just drop the benzodiazepines and add the pregabalin but start slow. Let you know how I go. Thank you.

So I’ll just drop the benzodiazepines and add the pregabalin but start slow. Let you know how I go. Thank you.
As long as you’re not physically addicted to the benzos. If so you need to taper off them. Pregabalin cannot be taken in place of a benzo in that way.

Pregabalin is also a funny drug, there are side effects to consider and it’s a bitch to come off. Depends on why you’ve been prescribed it as to if it’s worth it.

It will potentiate the oxy as has been said.

As long as you’re not physically addicted to the benzos. If so you need to taper off them. Pregabalin cannot be taken in place of a benzo in that way.
Well when I was in rehab, they gave pregabalin to benzo addicts but yeah takes time and cross-tapering to switch. Docs are sometimes too fast (or too slow, depends on the case.

Pregabalin is also a funny drug
Oh yeah, specially when taken without tolerance. When no other drugs are involved, one can go straightly to 600mg and have a nice time but be aware that in overdose (over 1g generally) it turns from an anti-seizure med to a seizurogenic, be cautious if you ever had a seizure in the past - low doses like prescribed are ok but then don't try recreational use. Also be aware that such use might screw it up for normal anti-pain effects, in my experience it didn't hurt but I also use it for anxiety, not pain.

My favorite occasional “treat” is 300mg Lyrica + 40mg oxy. Lovely combo. As others have stated, the Lyrica will potentiate the oxy so you may want to lower the oxy if you choose to take both. Please let us know how you are doing.

Oh yeah, specially when taken without tolerance. When no other drugs are involved, one can go straightly to 600mg and have a nice time but be aware that in overdose (over 1g generally) it turns from an anti-seizure med to a seizurogenic, be cautious if you ever had a seizure in the past - low doses like prescribed are ok but then don't try recreational use. Also be aware that such use might screw it up for normal anti-pain effects, in my experience it didn't hurt but I also use it for anxiety, not pain
Pregabalin may cause seizures in overdose but it’s quite rare tbh.

It isn’t good to take too much though especially if taken with other drugs. Alcohol especially is one I would caution when taken with pregabalin.

The Lyrica will also take a long time.to reach full effect so don't keep taking more thinking its not working
This is an excellent point to make. On an empty stomach, it can take nearly 2 hours to feel any effect from it.

Start at 75mg and wait and see how you get on. Building up to a prescribed dose is best.

Pregabalin really shines when used as a standalone or as a withdrawal aid. I don't really understand why take it with such a euphoric drug like oxy unless you only have a little bit. But still, some instant kava would probably go nice with it. Pregabalin lasts a long time so could be dangerous.

Dropped the benzodiazepines without issue, didn’t feel anything from adding the Lyrica, kept to same oxy amount, if anything feel less of it .. keeping up both for at least the week just to see how it works over time.

Woag man,
U take 600mg of morphine a day?
Oral pills prescribed? Or u got yer mexican plughssssssss xd

Dropped the benzodiazepines without issue, didn’t feel anything from adding the Lyrica, kept to same oxy amount, if anything feel less of it .. keeping up both for at least the week just to see how it works over time.
U only feel lyrica strong if u take 300-600mg+ at once, thsts when u Wanna get high.
In your case, you're splitting the doses so you should be fine mate. To od on oxy you need to really push the limit on both opiates and benzos, sometimes with alcohol too.
Dw, I don't think your dr would be so dumb or careless to give you something to OD. You'll be fine.
PS Most people who die are the ones that inject btw.

U only feel lyrica strong if u take 300-600mg+ at once, thsts when u Wanna get high.
In your case, you're splitting the doses so you should be fine mate. To od on oxy you need to really push the limit on both opiates and benzos, sometimes with alcohol too.
Dw, I don't think your dr would be so dumb or careless to give you something to OD. You'll be fine.
PS Most people who die are the ones that inject btw.
I am now taking 150mg Lyrica (x2 daily) as well as my average oxy dose (pattern) I’ve been taking for the last year or so. Haven’t been feeling the oxy much recently so unsure if not feeling good the last few days is related to the Lyrica or just in general. But certainly not about to OD so thank you everyone.

I am now taking 150mg Lyrica (x2 daily) as well as my average oxy dose (pattern) I’ve been taking for the last year or so. Haven’t been feeling the oxy much recently so unsure if not feeling good the last few days is related to the Lyrica or just in general. But certainly not about to OD so thank you everyone.
Do you take oxycontin or another brand like blues 30mg oxy????
150 twice a day might make u feel loopy the first 3 days then u build a tolerance to it. Dw, it's safe to take it with your oxy. I've taken morphine, 6mg clonaz, a beer, and 300mg lyrica. I'm feeling warm but not really high lols.imma take some more morph I think 120 mg ain't nuff 😜

Done ✌🌟 hehe