• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxy WD/klonopin & alcohol

WhoreIslandOcelots

Greenlighter
Hey y'all. Long time lurker, finally registered. I'm currently going through some oxy withdrawals. Not severe, but it's definitely there (RLS and anxiety). I take klonopins only when my anxiety is bad. I'm drinking some vodka right as to calm the WD symptoms down but I would like to take a klonopin as my anxiety is through the roof. Is this dangerous or will I be okay? The klonopin is 1mg if that helps anyone. Thanks!

I would nix drinking alcohol altogether as it can make your anxiety worse. How much did you drink?
I would wait until it's out of your system to take clonazepam. (moving to BDD)

About three vodka drinks. I fell asleep for about 3 hours, I am now awake experiencing even worse withdrawals than before. I don't know what to do. My entire body is on fire. This has happened before, but I've gotten rid of the WD's by taking tramadol (odd, I know, but it helps). I've read that klonopins help with withdrawals, but I've also read that alcohol gets rid of the WD's temporarily.

Hello. I have gone through WD's many times in my life. Mixing benzos, opiates, and alcohol is never a good idea. Each one increases your chances of respiratory distress, and when combined, you have a good shot at not waking up. The klonos will help with the restless legs and anxiety, and a higher dose of Imodium will take away stomach cramps and the shits. Ibuprofen will help a little bit as well, but nothing will make you completely comfortable. There is a plant called Kratom that is legal to buy, that hooks on to the mu opiate receptor in your brain. It will also take the edge off. But there is nothing you can take besides more opiates to make the WD's completely disappear. Good luck and feel better, I hope this helped some.