• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxy WD & Anxiety

Foreigner

Bluelighter
Could someone with opiate experience give me some advice about a client of mine?

She has had long-term anxiety, acute. A very complicated history of psych disorder and prescription drugs, including benzos for sleep. She is also a long-term cannabis user.

In the past year, has had clinical anxiety and instead of seeking standard treatment, turned to microdosing oxy as an anti-anxiety strategy. It worked and she was able to complete major life goals under this treatment. However, her Rx oxy supply will run dry in 1 month and she is trying to figure out an exit strategy but doesn't want to see an MD and reveal she has been using oxy for anxiety.

She can handle most of the WD symptoms but after 1 week her anxiety becomes so horrendous that she turns to oxy again. Standard anxiolytics (like benzos) don't work and she will not consider SSRIs. Herbal methods also don't help. She needs something heavy duty. She feels that the oxy WD has worsened the original anxiety, and also suspects GABA and dopamine depletion. This has all accompanied a very intense academic regimen that has "fried her brain" in her own words. She's already seeing a qualified therapist but the oxy WD is causing something neurochemical that is driving paralyzing anxiety.

I'm not sure what to suggest. I wonder if low dose naltrexone could help her opiate receptors recover + provide temporary endogenous endorphins to alleviate anxiety? Other than that, I don't know what to tell her.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well have her get a script for Clonidine 0.1mg tablets ……used specifically for opioid/benzo/tobacco withdrawal, etc. Lowers BP & HR and reduces norepinephrine in the brain (your bodies “fight or flight” neurotransmitter)

Natural health supplements are actually very effective….

Passion Flower is a potent anxiolytic and binds to same receptors as benzodiazepine drugs. Binds to the GABA-A complex acting as a PAM (just like Valium & Xanax)

Valerian is also a great anxiolytic and sleep aid

Phenibut is a GREAT anxiolytic and can be ordered online…..very similar to Pregabalin (Lyrica), Gabapentin & Baclofen. Can’t be taken daily or very often. Just once or twice weekly MAX to avoid horrific withdrawal and developing tolerance. Take a full 3 hours for complete onset and near peak serum levels in the bloodstream and lasts a loooong time, all day actually with a pleasant afterglow the next day.

Phenibut 500mg - 750mg for a medium sized female for first time

I take 1.5 - 3 grams every Saturday along with a 100ug tab of LSD-25 lol……a GREAT anxiolytic drug, removing anxiety in addition to releasing dopamine (has a Phenylethylamine backbone molecular structure)

A nice combo for her would be a Lyrica (Pregabalin) 150mg capsule and half a Clonidine 0.1mg scored tablet…..would feel basically like a Valium (Diazepam) 20mg dose. She would be very relaxed and comfortable

Well have her get a script for Clonidine 0.1mg tablets ……used specifically for opioid/benzo/tobacco withdrawal, etc. Lowers BP & HR and reduces norepinephrine in the brain (your bodies “fight or flight” neurotransmitter)

Natural health supplements are actually very effective….

Passion Flower is a potent anxiolytic and binds to same receptors as benzodiazepine drugs. Binds to the GABA-A complex acting as a PAM (just like Valium & Xanax)

Valerian is also a great anxiolytic and sleep aid

Phenibut is a GREAT anxiolytic and can be ordered online…..very similar to Pregabalin (Lyrica), Gabapentin & Baclofen. Can’t be taken daily or very often. Just once or twice weekly MAX to avoid horrific withdrawal and developing tolerance. Take a full 3 hours for complete onset and near peak serum levels in the bloodstream and lasts a loooong time, all day actually with a pleasant afterglow the next day.

Phenibut 500mg - 750mg for a medium sized female for first time

I take 1.5 - 3 grams every Saturday along with a 100ug tab of LSD-25 lol……a GREAT anxiolytic drug, removing anxiety in addition to releasing dopamine (has a Phenylethylamine backbone molecular structure)

A nice combo for her would be a Lyrica (Pregabalin) 150mg capsule and half a Clonidine 0.1mg scored tablet…..would feel basically like a Valium (Diazepam) 20mg dose. She would be very relaxed and comfortable

That's a lot for these suggestions!

AFAIK she has tried the natural route, but it wasn't very successful. My impression is that gabapentin or even taking GABA itself could help, she seems neurodepleted. She already takes a few different kinds of sleeping pills... insomnia is brutal (has been for decades), so I don't think she'd be thrilled about adding more sedating anxyiolytics to her stack. Clonidine seems like a logical choice, I will suggest it.

Natural GABA cannot cross the BBB and has no effect in the CNS …….add a phenyl ring to natural GABA and now you have Phenibut, which is able to cross the Blood Brain Barrier

L-Theanine is nice to take to relax

Magnesium Bisglycinate 200mg an hour prior to bed is great to fall asleep…..those sleep meds are horrific after a while, especially Zopiclone “Z-drugs”

Clonidine could go head to head with Valium and hold its own. No, really lol. It can. I’ve been using Clonidine as needed sporadically for over 10 years, and even a half tablet before bed, you’re in a deep comfortable sleep.

Sounds like projection of his own anxiety.

From what you say, at this point is clear that 'anxiety' is a solid identity for her so she obviously will project it to anything that she can.

I mean for sure oxy WD sucks but I wouldn't say anxiety its one of its main bad effects. And if she hasn't even taking large doses.

Outrighteous claim but until she can't start considering that it's her creating the anxiety and chemicals are actually a projection, she will keep being stucked in this.

Outrighteous claim but until she can't start considering that it's her creating the anxiety and chemicals are actually a projection, she will keep being stucked in this.

Whether she is causing the anxiety herself or not, she is fully aware that her anxiety pre-dates opiate use. We're just trying to figure out how to help her anxiety now that the absence of opiates + opiate WD is amplifying it.

Whether she is causing the anxiety herself or not, she is fully aware that her anxiety pre-dates opiate use. We're just trying to figure out how to help her anxiety now that the absence of opiates + opiate WD is amplifying it.
you're not willing to use any benzos(narcotic)? Buspar and clonidine are gonna be the best non-narcotic and then obviously you have valium, your best choice others in that class.

Could someone with opiate experience give me some advice about a client of mine?

She has had long-term anxiety, acute. A very complicated history of psych disorder and prescription drugs, including benzos for sleep. She is also a long-term cannabis user.

In the past year, has had clinical anxiety and instead of seeking standard treatment, turned to microdosing oxy as an anti-anxiety strategy. It worked and she was able to complete major life goals under this treatment. However, her Rx oxy supply will run dry in 1 month and she is trying to figure out an exit strategy but doesn't want to see an MD and reveal she has been using oxy for anxiety.

She can handle most of the WD symptoms but after 1 week her anxiety becomes so horrendous that she turns to oxy again. Standard anxiolytics (like benzos) don't work and she will not consider SSRIs. Herbal methods also don't help. She needs something heavy duty. She feels that the oxy WD has worsened the original anxiety, and also suspects GABA and dopamine depletion. This has all accompanied a very intense academic regimen that has "fried her brain" in her own words. She's already seeing a qualified therapist but the oxy WD is causing something neurochemical that is driving paralyzing anxiety.

I'm not sure what to suggest. I wonder if low dose naltrexone could help her opiate receptors recover + provide temporary endogenous endorphins to alleviate anxiety? Other than that, I don't know what to tell her.

Gabapentin+loperamide works wonders for opiate wds. 900mg-1200mg gaba for max 4-5 days and 12-16mg loperamide for the first 3 days of wds.

Loperamide is your best choice, trust me.

Can you access a beta blocker like clonidine or propranolol? The latter has been useful for performance anxiety/public speaking issues I've had without having any risk of GABAergic rebound. Although it isn't without drawbacks as it leaves me kinda lethargic but way less than a benzo (which feel like mental handcuffs to me)

She probably won't feel any wd from the oxy depending on how much less than 60 mg a day u won't feel shit I know THIX from experience