• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxy vs hydros

Alien47

Bluelighter
I have a few questions about the two.
I have abused oxy for quite a few years. I stopped for about a year and ahalf but then started taking them about 2-3 Times a week now do about 2-3 months. But resently have acquired some hydros and I was wondering a few things. For one, what is the strength differences between the two. I have heard that oxy is 1.75x stronger then hydro mostly but I have heard everything from oxy being 3x stronger to hydro actually being stronger so pls if someone could confirm what the correct (or most accurate) answer is for this question.
My second question is, is there a difference in the high that one experiences between the two? So far from my experience, I have found that hydros feel more like a kind of all over high more so then oxy as well as the high feeling more sedating then the oxys. Are there any other mayjor differences between them that I should know about?
And lastly, my third question is, is there a tolerance difference in taking both hydros and oxy. Like I know that they are both opioids and so function basically the same way in the body so I would imagine that tolerance is abkh the same, but sense I have taking nothing but oxys only for so long and have built a tolerance to them, should I have less of tolerance when taking hydros, even if it?s just by a tiny amount?

Thanks for the responses in advanced. I appreciate it. :)

If you use the search engine there's a chart somewhere that tells you the difference in strength between the two.

If you have been taking mostly oxys then you'll need more of the hydrocodone to get the effect you are looking for. I'm not sure what effect you are looking for, how many milligrams of oxycodone you were taking and how many milligrams your hydrocodone pills are so there's a lot of unanswered questions and that's probably why no one has responded.

My doctor says a 7.5 mg oxy approximately equals 10 mgs of hydrocodone. So oxycodone is stronger but not by a huge margin.

I think that ratio is pretty close but to throw in my opinion, I believe it's that a 10mg Oxy is equal to a 15mg Hydro. FTR, I don't think the highs are significantly different IMO. And opiate tolerance is pretty much opiate tolerance, again IMO, especially for those two drugs. Hope that helps.