• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxy & Taper, withdraw…

jjeez

Bluelighter
I take entirely too much oxy, I have a script and a hookup and have been taking it for over a decade now. In the past 2 years I have been all over the place from 30 mg to 250mg a day depending on a lot of factors. I want to taper and have some subs but have no experience with them. I took 200mg today and was thinking of taking a small dose of subs tonight or tomorrow, is that a terrible idea? I have odd tolerances in all kinds of directions, pain, withdrawal, the meds themselves, etc….
I am not in a good place and need to do something or I’ll end up in a worse spot.
I take adderall as well as Xanex…. I know, uppers to downers and that whole cycle.
I only take everything orally, I don’t snort or inject, I’m not judging, just giving my details.

Any suggestions or thoughts? Besides I’m going down a very dark hole and may not come out of it..😥

A) you could do cold turkey……0-3 days uncomfortable/ 3-10 days severe withdrawal symptoms/ day 10-14 starting to feel normal physically but mentally still crave Oxycodone

It’s a short acting opioid …..14 days (two weeks) of hell and you’ll be perfectly fine

B) enroll in Methadone program initiated at 30mg daily Methadone, stabilize dose to be free from withdrawal and comfortable. Reduce dose 1mg per day…..you won’t notice it and will be opioid free in 3 months or so

I’d just spot Oxycodone…..speak with doc, get a script for Clonidine 0.1mg tablets, Valium 5/10mg tablets, Oxy-IR 5mg tablets X 3 daily and you’ll be fine

A) you could do cold turkey…0-3 days uncomfortable/ 3-10 days severe withdrawal symptoms/ day 10-14 starting to feel normal physically but mentally still crave Oxycodone

It’s a short acting opioid …..14 days (two weeks) of hell and you’ll be perfectly fine

B) enroll in Methadone program initiated at 30mg daily Methadone, stabilize dose to be free from withdrawal and comfortable. Reduce dose 1mg per day…..you won’t notice it and will be opioid free in 3 months or so

I’d just spot Oxycodone…..speak with doc, get a script for Clonidine 0.1mg tablets, Valium 5/10mg tablets, Oxy-IR 5mg tablets X 3 daily and you’ll be fine
Woah, so actually the day 4th is actually worse than the 2 or 3?

I thought precisely because it was short acting opiate, at 4 or 5 day one should be already be fine (with the mainly impairing physical withdrawal, mentally still takes time ofc)

That makes sense then since I´ve been dabbling/chirping with oxy here and there this year, and I get so fucking frustrated that at day 4 after the last dose, I feel 'strangely' physically bad/weird.

Ok, so it means im still in withdrawal. Ok, that makes sense. I thought the body was faster in recovering from it :S

But anyways, 10 days of physical withdrawal?? Isn't that a bit too much? I´ve never been hoked to other opiates apart from kratom and with this one at day 5 I was completely fine physically.

Ya man……prepare for 10-14 days of VERY uncomfortable hellish days

A hot soak in the tub is pure heaven in feeling normal….as your bones are cold as f@ck.

Clonidine 0.1mg tablets, low dose benzodiazepine if available, if not, Passion Flower supplement is a GABA-A agonist just like benzos.

First few days are bad……THEN the real nightmare comes lol, day 3 or 4 up to day 10-14 you’re in a living hell. 2 weeks you’re physically fine, but mentally still an addict.

For me….this was large amounts of I.V. Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) and oral Oxycodone 80mg, in addition to illicit Heroin 4-5 injections daily to feel “normal” …..that’s when I was like, F@CK THIS lol….this isn’t sustainable or financially plausible, spending $200 CDN / per gram of street H (0.8) …I’d blow through that gram in 2-3 days Max, subsidized by my legally prescribed Hydromorphone & Oxycodone

2 weeks of Pure Hell…..then slowly tapered off to feeling normal physically. Mentally still had a strong desire to score some H and slam a Fat hit mixed with a little Cocaine. Loved my Speedballs.

The smell of my Zippo lighter still makes me think of shooting junk

Been on daily Methadone 80mg for 10+ years now…..not an opioid fiend per say…..but due to medical condition & severe chronic pain….my need for potent opioids are sadly essential. Methadone is a great alternative. Super potent, mildly euphoric and pleasurable, with a super long half-life

No other opioid on earth has EVER given me the overwhelming euphoric warmth & comfort that oral Oxycodone has. Ever. Even I.V. Dilaudid or street H couldn’t touch oral Oxycodone. Most pleasurable opioid even synthesized

Oxycodone & Methylphenidate (Ritalin) only drugs to give me dopaminergic euphoric ecstasy

Ya man……prepare for 10-14 days of VERY uncomfortable hellish days

A hot soak in the tub is pure heaven in feeling normal….as your bones are cold as f@ck.

Clonidine 0.1mg tablets, low dose benzodiazepine if available, if not, Passion Flower supplement is a GABA-A agonist just like benzos.

First few days are bad……THEN the real nightmare comes lol, day 3 or 4 up to day 10-14 you’re in a living hell. 2 weeks you’re physically fine, but mentally still an addict.

For me….this was large amounts of I.V. Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) and oral Oxycodone 80mg, in addition to illicit Heroin 4-5 injections daily to feel “normal” …..that’s when I was like, F@CK THIS lol….this isn’t sustainable or financially plausible, spending $200 CDN / per gram of street H (0.8) …I’d blow through that gram in 2-3 days Max, subsidized by my legally prescribed Hydromorphone & Oxycodone

2 weeks of Pure Hell…..then slowly tapered off to feeling normal physically. Mentally still had a strong desire to score some H and slam a Fat hit mixed with a little Cocaine. Loved my Speedballs.

The smell of my Zippo lighter still makes me think of shooting junk

Been on daily Methadone 80mg for 10+ years now…..not an opioid fiend per say…..but due to medical condition & severe chronic pain….my need for potent opioids are sadly essential. Methadone is a great alternative. Super potent, mildly euphoric and pleasurable, with a super long half-life

No other opioid on earth has EVER given me the overwhelming euphoric warmth & comfort that oral Oxycodone has. Ever. Even I.V. Dilaudid or street H couldn’t touch oral Oxycodone. Most pleasurable opioid even synthesized

Oxycodone & Methylphenidate (Ritalin) only drugs to give me dopaminergic euphoric ecstasy
Ok but we are talking about heroic doses here judging by your experience. There seems to be an ocean of difference depending on how much you are using.

OP said 200mg so yeah he should be prepared and stock up in comfort meds.