• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxy taking over an hour to take effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueskies565

Bluelighter
About an hour ago I took 120mg of oxy but have yet to feel anything and am confused as i took it on an empty stomach and typically I feel it about 20 mins after taking. I peeled the coating off and crushed it down just fine so it shouldn't be the time release. Is it possible that I may still yet feel it? I did the normal wrapping in one ply of toilet roll but it broke and spilt the tiniest amount (not enough to affect the high) so I wrapped again in a whole two ply piece. Could it be that it's taking longer to break up or something? Or could it be that I did some oxy yesterday (80mg in the afternoon and then 40 combined with 50mg of morphine at about 8pm).

I have a slight itch though I had a bit of an itch anyway left from yesterday though it seems to be getting more intense but I don't really feel very high. I'm just confused why it's not having the effect I expected. The 80 I did yesterday was quite intense quite fast when taken the same way. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing and I will be nodding in another hour but this just seems strange.

Last edited:
Could be tolerance, could be you didn't defeat the time release. Either way, oxycodone should hit you in less then an hour, so if it hasn't I'd chalk it up to the XR mechanism or that you did too much the day before.

Status
Not open for further replies.