• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxy/suboxone

Trev26

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I'm a chronic pain patient with a severe spinal injury who has been through surgeries, Injections, medications, acupuncture, and PT with very little help.

I'm on lyrica right now, and prednisone. I guess the prednisone is supposed to help pain as well as my kidney disease. (Stage 3) I also cannot take NSAIDs because of my kidneys so I'm really between a rock and a hard place. My doctors pretty much refuse to prescribe me any opiods for my pain, because of the epidemic and also I have had doctors tell me to my face that my age also drastically influences their decision to not prescribe me any, which is absolutely ridiculous.

I finally got a PM doc who said he would not prescribe me any opiods, but he would not stand in the way if my primary doc trusted me to take them. I've been going back and forth for years now because they kept saying only PM doctors are allowed to write prescriptions for narcotics, so I guess this is a step in the right direction.

I've spent probably tens of thousands of dollars in the last couple years on oxy 30s just so I can get some sleep and have some quality of life, and go out with friends and whatnot.

Anyways, my question is, has anyone with chronic pain got any relief with suboxone? I had friend tell me I should ask my doctor about it. Even if my primary gives me some pain meds, it's most likely going to be percocet 5s, which won't even touch my pain. I take 30mg oxy at a time, and depending how bad my pain is for the day take it up to 4 times a day.

I'm sorry this was kind of long, but I wanted to give you guys some background of what's been going on for the last 5 years. Also, I tried to find this question, but couldn't find anything on it, so again, I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

Thanks as always guys! Look forward to hearing some responses.

I am so sorry to hear of your predicament. Doctors are making people suffer for no reason. Didn't they take a do no harm oath? Sorry, i read this alot and it infuriates me.
Suboxone is a pain reliever so it would help for chronic pain. I hope you get relief

I totally agree with Lucy20. Did you try poppy pod tea? It could be quite strong and has a very long half life. Good luck.

I am so sorry to hear of your predicament. Doctors are making people suffer for no reason. Didn't they take a do no harm oath? Sorry, i read this alot and it infuriates me.
Suboxone is a pain reliever so it would help for chronic pain. I hope you get relief

Thanks for the response.

You would think some doctors still care about their patients, instead of the DEA or whatever, but no apparently not anymore.

To be honest, I can't really blame some doctors. They have their hands tied. I wish the government would just fuck off, and let doctors treat their patients as they see fit.

I sent a message to my primary asking him for some pain meds and still waiting for his response, so we'll see how that goes.

When i take my oxy, it's not like I feel good or high from it. The euphoria I get from it is purely based on it eliminating my pain for 6 hours or whatever.

I totally agree with Lucy20. Did you try poppy pod tea? It could be quite strong and has a very long half life. Good luck.

Yes, I did try poppy pod tea awhile ago. It did work, but I have trouble finding unwashed poppy seeds. If you know where i can get some unwashed seeds can you please let me know where.

Thanks for the response!

Yes, I did try poppy pod tea awhile ago. It did work, but I have trouble finding unwashed poppy seeds. If you know where i can get some unwashed seeds can you please let me know where.

Thanks for the response!
I wish, I could help you but I live in Istanbul. I've been reading that if you find a place which sells seeds in bulk or spice shops that sell foreign food ingredients like Indian or Middle Eastern carry unwashed seeds. Is it impossible to get pods (Maybe from a dry flower shop or crafts shop)? They work much better.

Suboxone/subutex is a strong painkiller. Give it a try if you feel you need an opioid. Start low (0.2mg) and work your way up if needed.
It's awful that many doctors hands are tied,and they cant treat their patients effectively.

Thanks for the help guys. Do you think I should ask my doc for bupe, or should I try to get him to give a normal opioid? Which would be better for pain management, and controlling my pain?

If he does agree to give me an opioid it will most likely be 5 or 10 mg perc max so I'm kind of leaning towards the bupe.

Well, just heard back from pcp. He told me that if I wanted pain meds it would have to go through PM. What a joke, the PM doc said he would allow my pcp to prescribe them for me. I'm so sick of being a fucking ping pong ball, going back and forth over, and, over again.

I seriously want this shit to just end man. You can only push a person so far before they snap. Everyone has their breaking point, and I think I'm getting to my point.

I'm going broke spending so much money on oxy, and my family doesn't understand. I'm over it.

Hi mate, sorry for your troubles. I shall go into detail later, but as is, I would rethink your prednisone, unless it is helping immensely. It had very difficult cellular effects, on neuropathic pain etc. You are entitled to your Oxy if it is working and not being abused.

Hi mate, sorry for your troubles. I shall go into detail later, but as is, I would rethink your prednisone, unless it is helping immensely. It had very difficult cellular effects, on neuropathic pain etc. You are entitled to your Oxy if it is working and not being abused.

I really appreciate your response buddy. I just saw my nephrologist, and at this time, coming off of the prednisone isn't possible. I'm on a really high dose as it is, and it's supposed to help my kidney function (which it's not) my kidney doc told me that if the prednisone doesn't start helping in the next 3 months, than she would switch me to a stronger medication, and if that doesn't work I will need dialysis or a kidney transplant. So I guess you can say things aren't looking good for me lol.

It's kind of liberating knowing that I have a disease that's slowly killing me, since I have kind of lost the will to live anyways due to the terrible pain from my spinal injury.

One of the worst things about all of this is that, I have endured so much adversity In the last 5 years, and my family and some supposed friends don't understand. My pos brother thinks my pain isn't that bad where I need to be on oxy every day, and my mom takes his side, even though I have diagnosed conditions. And have been through multiple surgeries, and injections, and ect... I have multiple doctors who validated my pain and MRI's and ct scans to prove it, but their still skeptical. My mom and my brother who are both squares and have never done drugs or anything are definitely closer, and I was a lot closer with my dad who passed in December 2014. It's times like this where I really miss him a lot.

If you guys have any suggestions or recommendations as what to do please dont hesitate. All feedback is greatly appreciated!

No probs at all Trev, that’s what we’re here for. In my experience, there is nothing more potent or hard hitting as prednisone, prednisolone in its class. I just always found long term it made my situation worse (Severe Ulcerative Colitis) are you on a pyramid dosing schedule?

If you don’t mind spelling out exactly what you want to solve, I will be happy to try and help you in anyway I can.

Hey Trev,

I am really so sad to hear about the kidney disease. Wow! I cannot believe they are not giving you any pain relief.
Still!

I worry about you taking Tylenol (oxy has apap or Tylenol in it) and is very hard on internal organs.
I would think the doctors would be giving you something pure and easy on the organs. Like morphine.
You should look into cold water extraction for the oxy usage. Get the Tylenol out.

I wonder what would happen if you just told the doctors that they have driven you to using oxy that you have had to buy off the street.
If you are already “addicted”then they don’t need to worry about getting you addicted.
In fact they are responsible for you taking medication that is possibly more harmful to you.
I think they would at least have to offer you suboxone.

Hey Trev,

I am really so sad to hear about the kidney disease. Wow! I cannot believe they are not giving you any pain relief.
Still!

I worry about you taking Tylenol (oxy has apap or Tylenol in it) and is very hard on internal organs.
I would think the doctors would be giving you something pure and easy on the organs. Like morphine.
You should look into cold water extraction for the oxy usage. Get the Tylenol out.

I wonder what would happen if you just told the doctors that they have driven you to using oxy that you have had to buy off the street.
If you are already “addicted”then they don’t need to worry about getting you addicted.
In fact they are responsible for you taking medication that is possibly more harmful to you.
I think they would at least have to offer you suboxone.

Hey painful one, I know you have been following my journey from the beginning and I really appreciate the support!

The oxy I am getting is the Roxy 30s so don't think I have to worry about any acetaminophen in them. I told a pain psychologist that I was getting drugs off the street due to the lack of managing my pain from these so called PM docs. I asked her if I told her something would it be confidential, and she said yes, as long as it is not about harming myself, or others so I told her how I was coping with my pain, but she probably through me under the bus, and told my docs. I dont trust anyone anymore.

I also told my second PM doc that if he wouldn't help me with my pain then I would do something drastic, like get drugs off the streets, or kill myself, and his response was, I guess you have a problem then. What a POS that guy was. I was so close to beating the shit out of him.

Nobody wants to give me anything, not even the weakest possible pain meds, so I'm guessing suboxone is out of the question.

I just have very little hope left at this point. I'm grateful that I can still get the 30s, but my life savings is dwindling at a rapid rate, and my family just makes things worse. The people who are supposed to be there for you through thick and thin are constantly calling me a drug addict and shit, and telling me to go to rehab. That's probably the hardest thing. I have diagnosed conditions and everything, but for some reason they think I'm making this all up or sonething?? I really dont know, but it hurts me that family dont take me seriously, and think I'm just an addict...

Sorry if I asked you this already, what country are you in bud?

Am I right in thinking you are being denied all pain relief, so buy Oxy in the street? Or is it just not adequate what is prescribed?

Thanks for the response!

Lone Goose Bakery has the best poppy seeds from what I had found. Totally unwashed.

Sorry if I asked you this already, what country are you in bud?

Am I right in thinking you are being denied all pain relief, so buy Oxy in the street? Or is it just not adequate what is prescribed?

I'm in the states, California. You would be correct to assume that I have been denied all pain relief medication.

I'm in the states, California. You would be correct to assume that I have been denied all pain relief medication.
That’s ridiculous mate if you have a legit issue and diagnosis. It is hard here with the NHS, but they won’t deny all help at all. We are a number of years behind you in the Uk though I suspect. No epidemic visible, we are still on the “OC” oxy’s And as my name suggests shortec is literally finely milled powder in a capsule ready to roll.

Will they prescribe you anything unscheduled, maybe neuropathic meds?

Hey painful one, I know you have been following my journey from the beginning and I really appreciate the support!

The oxy I am getting is the Roxy 30s so don't think I have to worry about any acetaminophen in them. I told a pain psychologist that I was getting drugs off the street due to the lack of managing my pain from these so called PM docs. I asked her if I told her something would it be confidential, and she said yes, as long as it is not about harming myself, or others so I told her how I was coping with my pain, but she probably through me under the bus, and told my docs. I dont trust anyone anymore.

I also told my second PM doc that if he wouldn't help me with my pain then I would do something drastic, like get drugs off the streets, or kill myself, and his response was, I guess you have a problem then. What a POS that guy was. I was so close to beating the shit out of him.

Nobody wants to give me anything, not even the weakest possible pain meds, so I'm guessing suboxone is out of the question.

I just have very little hope left at this point. I'm grateful that I can still get the 30s, but my life savings is dwindling at a rapid rate, and my family just makes things worse. The people who are supposed to be there for you through thick and thin are constantly calling me a drug addict and shit, and telling me to go to rehab. That's probably the hardest thing. I have diagnosed conditions and everything, but for some reason they think I'm making this all up or sonething?? I really dont know, but it hurts me that family dont take me seriously, and think I'm just an addict...

Hey Sweetie,

Okay, good to hear you are getting the Oxy without Tylenol.
(Funny how someone who doesn’t really need the Oxy gets it no problem and sells it to a person who really needs it!)
I didn’t even know about Tylenol being dangerous! Didn’t know anything about medication or drugs and didn’t want to know either!
I sure would hate to see you have liver failure on top of all this shit.
That is what happened to me due to not being able to get adequate pain medication / relief also.

I know exactly how you feel and what you mean about your family thinking you are just an addict and thinking that you would be “normal” if you would just stop taking the pain medication. That was the worst part! Almost.
My family now has seen what happens without pain medication. They have now seen what is and has been happening to me even with the pain medication! They do not ever say anything about it anymore. My sister was SO mean and slanderous that she is scared of me.
Scared of how she has treated me.

My family has seen me suffer for a long, long time but just choose to make me feel worse and more isolated and give me “tough love”.LOL!
As if it could get any tougher. I don’t believe in “tough love”. I believe in unconditional love.
I am very disappointed in how dumb and unhelpful my family has been about recognizing serious medical symptoms and getting me help. I have tried so hard to get myself help but there is not any help out there!

It is strange how most people blame the sick person for the symptoms and illness. Even injury. As if this is your fault.
Even if it was, nobody deserves this and everyone makes mistakes. Where is the support, kindness, compassion? Where did the family bonds, the support go?

I found this pain community long ago and used this list of Basic Human Rights to force the medical people to treat my pain.
Start listing off things from this list at your next “pain management” appointment (what a joke! Where is the pain management?)
They also have advocates that can help you. Do whatever it takes to get the treatment you need to keep living some life.

Believe me Trev, I know what you are going through. I am so sorry. You are not the only one. Many others do understand.
I remember your first post here and I remember thinking, Fuck, here is a very young person going through the same shit as myself.
I recognized the words you used to describe what was going on with you and I know you are really going through major injury-Disease.

I am pretty much paralyzed now. The “system” has managed to deny me disability benefits all these years and it just doesn’t even matter anymore. I couldn’t even take my daughter for a vacation to go sit at the beach together now.
I wonder how it feels to be able to destroy the little parts of “life” that someone else has left that they could have lived if only for medication and money.

I really hope they get what they deserve Trev. Neither of us did this to ourselves or deserved this in anyway!
I don’t know if you heard but I have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injury, post concussive syndrome, and a white matter brain disease which looks like it is going to be Multiple System Atrophy or aka Double Parkinson’s Disease.
Not to mention the back, neck injuries, cluster headaches - which are one of the top 10 most painful conditions a person can have- etc.
Headaches so bad they knock out my speech and vision and brain damage me every time they happen.
I have suffered with those since I was 16 years old.

I don’t know what has happened to the medical system and to family support. I don’t know what has happened to people quite frankly.