• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxy strangeness, need help (not felt orally, felt through nasal administration)

Longjohnsam

Greenlighter
This is my first post, so I apologize in advance for anything. Couldnt find anything about this so I decided to start a new thread. ANYWAY. Yesterday I bought two 30mg Oxycodone Hydrochlorides (marked ETH on one side, 446 on the other, small white round pill). Eagerly popped half in my mouth around midnight. I am definitely not a newbie to oxys, 15mg is the perfect dose for me where my tolerance is at right now. Usually takes me 45 minutes at most to come up, hour and a half later, nothing, Im not too alarmed by it. Another half an hour goes by, I pop a quarter of a half, by 3am, still feel nothing. At this point I angrily search what the culprit of my non-high could be. I find nothing besides the fact that these pills have been faked off the deep web. Great, I thought. I have blown * no prices * on two useless pills. I angrily crushed up and snorted the remaining quarter I had left and caught a buzz literally within 10 seconds. So 23ish mgs of oxy, not felt orally. 7ish mgs of oxy, felt through snorting. What the fuck. Does anyone know what the cause of this could be? I've seen that stomach acid could play a roll in orally administering pills, so I originally assumed that this could be the culprit, seeing as I've had wicked heartburn the past few days. But ive taken a few of the 5mg little oxys while I was experiencing this heartburn orally, and caught a buzz fine, so I dismissed that theory. Any ideas? Im desperate for help

Last edited by a moderator:
U probably just waited to long u said it usually takes 45 mins for them to kick in and u waited 2 hours then redosed and then those take 45 mins to kick in by then your first dose is probably mostly worn off and that's y u probably didn't feel it but then with that second dose still in u when u snorted the 7mgs that hit u all at once with the second dose already in u so u felt that if u where to take double like u did but all at once on an empty stomach your probably would have felt it that's my theory
Hope this helped

Plausible theory... thanks for the input. Next time I meet up with my guy Im just gonna pop a whole one and see what happens...

Some people are deficient in the enzymes that metabolize certain narcotics. I get zero effects from codeine and almost no effects from hydrocodone, for example. Approximately 1/3 of the population can't even metabolize codeine into morphine, so for them when they get prescribed codeine they are basically getting prescribed a placebo.

But by using the intranasal route, you are bypassing hepatic metabolism and introducing the drug directly into your bloodstream.

^ Yep, avoiding the first pass metabolism, is probably the culprit to this inquiry..

- Hopeless 7nos

Hi Longjohnsam - I'm going to venture to say there's some bunk to your pill(s). ETH - 446 round white pills was made by Ethex Corporation, who has closed and ceased production. I can't be 100% certain without lab confirmation, but I would say those are fentanyl pressed pills you got. Fentanyl has very poor oral BA and very high nasal BA. That would explain why you felt it after snorting. I advise much caution with this as fentanyl is nasty and can quickly precipitate an OD if to be confused with Oxycodone.

Next time you meet up with "your guy" I would recommend something oxycodone formulation that is production (Qualitest, Actavis, Mallinckrodt). Do not risk it and take an entire pill if you're not certain of its constituents.

Some people are deficient in the enzymes that metabolize certain narcotics. I get zero effects from codeine and almost no effects from hydrocodone, for example. Approximately 1/3 of the population can't even metabolize codeine into morphine, so for them when they get prescribed codeine they are basically getting prescribed a placebo.

But by using the intranasal route, you are bypassing hepatic metabolism and introducing the drug directly into your bloodstream.

She's gotten high off oxy before, so it shouldn't be an enzyme issue.

Right, and as slowmobius pointed out (even though Im a dude, it doesnt matter though hehe) one wouldnt think the enzyme metabolization would be an issue, seeing as Ive done percocets orally quite a bit. Thats a bummer, I fucking hate going the nasal route when it comes to opiates. The high is a bit sharper, but not as "fat" and not quite nearly as long (when I rail one of these I'm lucky if it lasts 20 mins). For what I've been paying for these, it's not worth it if I'm just getting fentanyl. Unfortunately there aren't many good opiate plugs in my town (besides heroin, but fuck that) so considering the price I might just have to resort to the good ol' interwebs. Thank you everyone for the help! If I could give advice to anyone, please be skeptical of any pill marked with the ETH 446 sold as oxy. They've been faked on the deepweb and as I've just learned, Ethex who produced these has closed so chances are you aren't getting the real deal. Peace and love!

It is a tolerance issue and roa one.

Oxy has no ceiling to the tolerance. It sucks when it stops kicking in hard. People often sniff them or go a bit further.

I get sniffing oxy because I sniff opiates. You do no need to reason why you abuse drugs or how you do them, but you should know where it is going to lead.

You are going to get a feeling from that roa that will no longer be attainable in the future. So you might end up doing more or getting the bright idea of fucking around with tin foil or needles.

Just saying it is a slippery slope. You probably don't have much of a serious drug problem now and it is none of my business.

Those are the lines I've drawn for myself. I plan on quitting opiates altogether soon, I wish I'd never tried the few 5mg hydrocodones a friend let me try after getting their teeth pulled in highschool, because that was better than any high I've, to this day, have experienced haha. its not as feasible for me to obtain oxys and hydros as it once was and what I can get is certainly not as "safe" as vicodins or percocets so I'd rather just quit while I'm ahead.