• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxy question

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
Alright so the hellish withdrawls should start anytime. Damn i dread it. And i go back to work friday at 5 pm. But anyway, ive been using oxy for about 3 years(intranasal) i was doing 100-120 mg a day. But now ive cut it in half because i cant afford it. So the past month ive been doing 40-50 mg a day and i feel ok at the dose. Now im out and i really want to quit. On a scale of 1 to 10 how bad will 50 mg oxycodone withdrawl be? To be sure not bad as 100 mg withdrawl. Thanks

I'm not gonna lie it will be rough. But easier from 50mg then over 100. I'm addicted and I need them for pain. Oxy is a hell of a drug. Only thing I ever got hooked on. If I didn't need pain management I would just stop. I ran out early in November from 80mg a day. 5-7 days the worst is over. Just get some benzos if you can. Hydrate with water/Powerade and know it will pass
Best of luck to ya. I really hope it goes well. And if you get away from them. Stay away❤️

I would put it at around a 3 to 4. Several years ago I cold turkeyed a 300-400mg daily habit with sometimes taking 500+mg and even that I would only put around a 6.5. I find the worst starts around 48 hours after kicking and days 2-5 are absolute hell. But around that 5th day, things start to turn for the better, and by 7-10 days I could function at around 80% of normal which was enough for me to work, help my wife around the house etc. By 2 to 3 weeks, I was physically nearly 100% with just some lethargy hanging around. The mental part is the toughest and can manifest in many ways. For me, it was just the tedium of daily life that oxy was able to erase that made quitting mentally taxing. Others find that anxiety, depression, agitation and many other mental or psychological events return and need to be dealt with.

If you have any comfort meds, use them. Try and sleep as much as possible, try to eat and stay hydrated, and if at all possible exercise a bit. Just walking for 10 minutes can really help.

Be careful with the Immodium (loperamide). It is true that at doses used for diarrhea, almost none crosses the BBB, but at mega doses it does. You can find reports of people taking hundreds of milligrams a day of it which is really dangerous as it can cause cardiac conductance issues that are potentially life threating. Try to limit yourself to 8-12mg max a day.

Good luck. I know from experience oxy WD is no fun, but can be done.