• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxy OP 30 Question?

ABL23

Bluelighter
Hello, this is my first post here but I have been skimming through for a while now and everyone seems very nice and helpful so I figured it was a community worth joining. I just got ahold of one brown Oxycontin OP 30 and I have never taken one before. Though I do experiment with other opioids this will be my first time taking it and I want to make sure I'm being as safe as possible. 30mg seems like quite a bit for someone who has never taken it before, would it be a good idea to split it in half or maybe even into quarter pieces and try it that way. What would be the best and safest way to become comfortable on one of these things? Thanks very much in advance!

Last edited:
Welcome to Bluelight!

For a non-tolerant user, I'd say cut in half and take half (15mg time released over 12 hours) and see how you feel. Be mindful that it is a time released highly potent opioid narcotic, so the effects will build and build, peaking after about an hour, and then the time release mechanism will attempt to maintain steady levels of oxycodone in your bloodstream for the next 12 hours.

Do not drink alcohol or consume any other CNS depressants, such as benzodiazepines, sedatives, sleeping pills, etc.

Save the other half for another day.

How much oxycodone do you normally take? There is no convenient efficient way to break the time release. The oxy will slowly release over your system in about 8 to 12 hours. Everyone hated those when they came out but I loved them. Oxy has almost 100% bioavailability taken orally. I could get them at half the price of OG oc's and would take about double my tolerance and be high as shit all day long. Theyre also great for working in a warehouse when you're working up to 12 hours.

Thanks for much for the quick replies! Normally I will take about 15mg of the Oxycodone 512 and be very comfortable. I suppose I should include that I took that dose last night while hanging out with some friends, which was almost 24 hours ago. Would it still be safe to take half this OP now or should I wait longer for the Oxy from last night to be out of my system?

nm- listen to the mod.

still-hi. welcome to bl :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your help! I'm going to eat dinner real quick then split one in half and take it, i'll post back later to explain the effects if anyone is interested haha.

Thanks for much for the quick replies! Normally I will take about 15mg of the Oxycodone 512 and be very comfortable. I suppose I should include that I took that dose last night while hanging out with some friends, which was almost 24 hours ago. Would it still be safe to take half this OP now or should I wait longer for the Oxy from last night to be out of my system?

So you usually take 3 x 5mg oxycodone / 325mg acetaminophen, the round scored pills with 512 written on them, better known as Percocet.

While you'd be safe to dose it now, because you took oxycodone yesterday, you will be more tolerant to it's effects, and 15mg over 12 hours from OxyContin is going to feel weaker than the 15mg you get instantly released from the Percocet, so I would wait a few days.

Ended up listening to the mod and Im gonna hold off and take it in a few days. I really appreciate all the help, y'all are awesome!

Welcome to Bluelight. Hope the experience is enjoyable once you decide to indulge. ;)

Glad we could be of service. Please be careful with these extremely potent opioid narcotics man, they are extremely addictive (as your finding out) and are so deceiving.

Be sure never to combine potent CNS depressants like alcohol, benzodiazepines, and opioids.

Hey welcome to Bluelight! I wanted to tell you also make sure you have eaten something. I had been prescribed the IR for a long time with no problems and when I tried the extended relief, they were very harsh on my stomach.

Glad we could be of service. Please be careful with these extremely potent opioid narcotics man, they are extremely addictive (as your finding out) and are so deceiving.

Be sure never to combine potent CNS depressants like alcohol, benzodiazepines, and opioids.

I will definitely make sure I don't mix this with anything else. I have never been one to mix substances anyways, it makes me uncomfortable knowing that a lot can go wrong with stuff like that. I will make sure I'm careful as well with the usage of these opioids in general, thank you so much for looking out. And thanks everyone for the welcoming comments, it's nice to be here!

Well to be honest you would get perfectly high if you took it today. But from an addiction stand point, its better to wait. And i really don't know why most people hate the op's, they just feel like super long lasting oxy to me. I mean you can't snort them but if you just pop it, you will get a proper buzz for hours and hours.

Thats not true at all IMO. They are not the same high at all. It lasts longer but what really is lasting longer? Nothing

OPs are hated for a reason

Cool, Now your opioid tolerance is going to get higup,

going from

3 x Percocet - Oxycodone 5MG | APAP
1 x Oxycotin - Oxycodone 30MG ER

sup people. if wanted to take an OP 30 recreationally, would simply digesting the pill get me high?
I'm already on methamphetamine and usually enjoy an opioid, Xanax or Valium with meth as it gives me a mellow buzz.
I've already shaven the brown coating off, will that benefit my cause.
I have done the microwave/freezer method when snorting OP 20 and felt pretty good but I have nothing to compare this opioid high too.
I rarely have access to the OP's so definitely don't want to waste it on trial and error.
any advice will be appreciated

sup people. if wanted to take an OP 30 recreationally, would simply digesting the pill get me high?
I'm already on methamphetamine and usually enjoy an opioid, Xanax or Valium with meth as it gives me a mellow buzz.
I've already shaven the brown coating off, will that benefit my cause.
I have done the microwave/freezer method when snorting OP 20 and felt pretty good but I have nothing to compare this opioid high too.
I rarely have access to the OP's so definitely don't want to waste it on trial and error.
any advice will be appreciated

I find that the OP's are really only good for staving off withdrawals. If you have zero tolerance then swallowing it should give you a small buzz, but they are not very recreational for a regular user.

I agree with above post. Op's suck from a regular opiate user. They are only good if you can't get anything else. But for a non regular user it's should be ok. I've found that chopping it up in to pieces helps to get it dissolve faster in your stomach thus hitting harder and not lasting as long

If you normally take Percocet 5's x3 (15 oxy ir) then 1/2 a 30 Neo (15 oxy ER) is going to feel far weaker. To get the same effect, you could take the 30 orally and have approximately the same feeling as the 3 percs give you, all day, OR cut it in half, chew it on an empty stomach with a high fat, low volume snack and feel good for 4-6 hours.