• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxy booze and coke

Sydney Carton

Bluelighter
Good day, fellow human beings having human experiences

I acquired a bit of coke, which I used to do each weekend about 4 years ago. I have a script for 10mg oxy each day. I took 5 mg this morning. now im writing and doing a coke (a half line each hour). Since I drink to take edge of coke I cannot take anymore oxy, right? Too many downers or speedball effect, right? I'll run outta coke in a few hours. Once out, how long should I wait to take my other oxy and my 2m xanax im prescribed? Thanks for help with the 1000 questions.

THanks for the help. May your pursuit of happiness prove fruitful one.
Much obliged,
Sydney, Esq.

The main concern here is how alcohol + cocaine interact and metabolize into cocaethylene which is cardiotoxic and more euphoric/longer lasting than cocaine itself. Cocaethylene has a 25x higher rate of random instant death/heart attacks than cocaine by itself. It's fairly dangerous.

Assuming you already have a tolerance to xanax and oxy, taking your daily dose on top of alcohol + cocaine is probably going to be safe (at your prescribed doses), depending on how much you drank.

I think the main thing here is just how much alcohol you drank today.

But yeah, definitely don't want to make a habit of using coke on top of all the other stuff, you'll develop a nice little polyaddiction.

Thanks for your reply, and yes the mixture is quite toxic, hence in part why I gave up coke years ago (along with panic attacks at times). My friend came across this and gave me the extra he had. I also don't drink much so prob at most 4-6 beers today. Ok thanks I'll keep within prescribed limits and not drink too much. Just didn't know if alcohol+oxy like caused instant stop breathing or something. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply, and yes the mixture is quite toxic, hence in part why I gave up coke years ago (along with panic attacks at times). My friend came across this and gave me the extra he had. I also don't drink much so prob at most 4-6 beers today. Ok thanks I'll keep within prescribed limits and not drink too much. Just didn't know if alcohol+oxy like caused instant stop breathing or something. Thanks.
yeah, you'll be fine at those doses (10mg oxy + 2mg xanax + 5ish beers), it won't kill you or anything, especially if you have tolerance

The main concern here is how alcohol + cocaine interact and metabolize into cocaethylene which is cardiotoxic and more euphoric/longer lasting than cocaine itself. Cocaethylene has a 25x higher rate of random instant death/heart attacks than cocaine by itself. It's fairly dangerous.

Assuming you already have a tolerance to xanax and oxy, taking your daily dose on top of alcohol + cocaine is probably going to be safe (at your prescribed doses), depending on how much you drank.

I think the main thing here is just how much alcohol you drank today.

But yeah, definitely don't want to make a habit of using coke on top of all the other stuff, you'll develop a nice little polyaddiction.

Took little doses. half line of coke then some booze and a 5mg oxy to start. I most did coke and booze after just to be safe. Did a lil another 5mg 9 hours after stating with xanax. I did okay but I would just do coke/booze and save oxy for its own fun. Safer. Idk maybe I didn't get the euphoria due to dosages but I'm not as cavalier as I used to be many moons ago.

In the name of harm reduction probably not a good idea to mix all 3, since booze has a tendency to make you want to keep redosing…as a human having human experiences it sounds like the making of a fun night..I know when I would drink I would use up all the dope and or coke I had available no matter what it was gone by the end of the night

Last edited:
If you're really trying to be super safe, I would say wait at least a few hours past your last drink before you take any Oxycodone. That's the textbook answer, but I also try to be as real with people as possible. You're already pretty committed to doing things that are not totally healthy. Using Cocaine and Alcohol together creates Cocaethylene as a byproduct, which is more toxic than either of the two constituents on their own. This is known to be a pretty unhealthy practice. So, I'm trying to say that I think we're splitting hairs by saying you're "being safe" by drinking Alcohol, using Cocaine and then waiting a little while before taking Opioids.

To be blunt, you are safe(r) doing this, but you're still partaking in some risky behavior anyway. With all of that being said, I don't think the way that you're using these drugs is the typical scenario in which someone just dies unexpectedly. By your own appraisal, you're being pretty rational and you're not using super-compulsively. This is all just behavior that I wouldn't repeat very often if you're seriously worried about your body or your heart especially.