• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxy and morphine dosage. Unsure about tolerance, may have just od'd

blueskies565

Bluelighter
About 25 mins ago I drank 40mg of oxy that I dissolved in water. It is setting on pretty strong and I am concerned my dose was too high. I'm a recovered iv heroin addict but have been doing around 1200mg of codeine every day for maybe a month or two. Other than that I did around 80mg of oxy over a couple hours a few weeks ago and I did handle that but I had friends there so I felt safe if I went over, I was also in a house just down the road from the local hospital so I figured if anything went wrong it was unlikely I would die. Anyway I know codeine isn't very strong but the dose I do is astronomical so I should be good at 40mg right? Especially since I handled 80 last time but I started at 25 and then dosed more as the high was underwhelming, doing it all at once might effect me differently. Since I am not used to strong opiates anymore I think even a mild oxy high would feel very strong too me. I feel like my breathing is slightly depressed but that may be anxiety (I was very anxious before I even did the drug, I have GAD and I am mostly taking it too calm down). So do you think I'm gonna be alright?

My second question is this: I have never before done morphine but have got myself 10 20mg ir morphine pills. I plan to crush them down and plug them but as I have never before done it how should I dose it? Most of the info I found on dosing is for oral use which I know has poor availiability. Should I dose similar to oxy as I understand they are around the same strength.

Lastly I put the oxy in water to plug it but it didn't dissolve just sat in the water so I drank it instead. Any idea why this is? Is it not water soluble?

You're probably just anxious because 40mg oxycodone doesn't sound like much for an ex Iv heroin addict. I don't have much of a tolerance and for me that dose would probably be hit or miss. Everyone is different though

I have found taking oxys that way is more effective than crushing pills and then taking parachuting or just eating the powder. It will hit you definately faster too. This leads to a fact that feeling is different too and may get you anxious and feeling like an OD.

Oxycodone is water soluble but Oxycontin pills aren't and they look exactly same but white after having been soaked in water for 12hours. They are brittle of course and will disintegrate into coarse powder when handled after soaking. Newer OP formula Oxycontin available in the USA is "abuse proof" and it gels up if soaked in water after being tampered.

Last edited:
Thanks for the fast response guys. It's been an hour now and I think I'm gonna be ok, as Root said taking it that way hit incredibly fast. There was no real wait to feel it when taken on an empty stomach so I was a little startled especially not having done anything of this strength in awhile, I assumed the peak was a way away and if it felt this strong so early it freaked me out. Now that I have calmed down I can assess the high better and though I feel good I definitely over reacted worrying about an overdose. Also yeah they are oxycontin so that explains it.

Anyway freak out over but can you guys offer any advice on what I asked about dosing the morphine? Thanks for the advice so far, the reassurance helped.

The morphine is going to generally be weaker than oxy as long as you aren't IVing it, and please don't do that. Even so I would dose the morphine assuming that it's just as potent as oxy just to be on the safe side.

Are you sure you want to go back down this road? You know where it leads.

Also morphine PO to oxycodone PO is 2:1 conversion but while IV/IM it is 5:6 so I would assume that their BA when plugged is pretty much the same then 5:6 or 1:1 conversion would be quite right.

Anyhow that drinking method for oxy shows you pretty easily how your tolerance skyrockets as for a while you have just a few pills in the bottom of the glass but soon there are over ten... Been there done that and it wasn't worth it.

Oh dude I know but there is no way I can get myself to not do the drugs I brought today but once they are gone I do definitely need to think about what I'm doing. I can't end up back on heroin, life was so miserable then. Still though I would appreciate advice about dosage just for the sake of harm reduction. Also just to note I just took an extra 20mg but if I am ok on 40 I should be ok on 60 right?

As for tolerance as you say it goes up so fast but I know having previously been injecting 250mg of quality H 4x/day my tolerance may be low now but it will go back to what it was far faster than I originally acquired it. I went through hell getting off heroin and I can see myself sliding back toward it but I can't seem to get by without at-least codeine and even taking the massive doses I do that barely satisfies me. Opiates fucking suck man.

Last edited:
Apart from the prior hard drug addiction, ive been in the exact same situation! 2 bottles of codeine linctus a day for a month or so, then i stopped everything for a week until i was given a 10-strip of 5mg oxycodon capsules. Emptied 6 of the capsules and made em into solution, so (30mg) and stupidly took the other 20mg shortly after whole.
Ive noticed from codeine use that making a solution will always hit harder and faster than taking solid pills. Its just a matter of dissolution of the drug, it happens faster and in a smaller time frame when the drug is in a homogenous solution.
Just like you I found the oxy overwhelming at first, i assume its just because codeine is weak and oxy isnt.

With the morphine, plugging is apparently the way to go if you dont inject. Ive not had much joy with morphine though, alway found it hard to find the right dose and it was either overly sedating and itchy (plugging) or did nothing (oral). I would definetly recommend an anti-histamine if youre gonna plug it though.
Sorry for not really bringing much to the table, but ive typed too much to go back now.

Oh no man I appreciate the post it's good to know someone else went through pretty much the same thing and thanks for the advice about the morphine. I agree that drinking a solution definitely hits much faster than parachuting it for example and the come up is so much faster it is kind of startling. I always used to feel the codeine in a few minutes when I drank it too though I have moved to popping now just cause I can't stand the taste of a cwe (makes me throw up now, even the smell gets me gagging).

I have heard that morphine is noddier than oxy though, does that hold up in your experience?

Also I have thought about picking up some codiene lictus myself cause the dosage is quite high in each bottle right? Unsure if I could tolerate the taste though. Does it taste anything like a cwe? Is it tolerable? Thanks for the response.

I have always felt that I can get up and stop nodding while on oxycodone nodding phase but such is not the case with morphine and I would just nod although I would have wanted to do something else.

Oral morphine doesn't do anything at all except keeping withdrawal at bay for me but once I was in a hospital and got hooked up into morphine dispenser I did reprogram that device on my own to allow much more doses of morphine to be taken and when the nodding started I couldn't do nothing else than ride through it.

While you risk more harm IV honestly I think you should IV the pills where you can get from one what you need three orally. Then again plugging should be close to IV

Where are you located OP? There are a lot of Naloxone programs popping up nationwide. For instance, I live in Vermont and we can pick up two Narcan packs for free whenever we want, free. It's hard to guague or assess a possible overdose over the internet. As others have said, your best bet is to go to the hospital if you really feel you have overdone it. They will at least make sure you live and it does'nt necessarily mean your "outed" as an addict. In a positive scenario, your Doc might be understanding of addiction and take no issue with helping you out.

People die all the time from Opioid use. It's good to be aware of the possibility and factor that into the mentality of your use, because no one who overdoses plans to do it.

I'm out of the woods now guys but thanks for coming in with advice. I coudn't go to that hospital becuase that is a friends house I was at that time I live in a small village outside of town and to tacodude I know the pills would last longer if I inject but as I said I am a former heroin addict who has not long kicked that addiction so doing oxy orally is bad enough really but injecting it would just feel like I have completely slid back to my old ways. Plus I know injecting pills comes with it's own set of risks.

The recommendation to get some narcan is good but I am in the UK where it is only available on prescription and I am not sure how frequently/ if it is ever given to a patient outside of treating an overdose at a hospital or whatever but next time I see my doctor I will ask for some. She is very understanding about my addiction issues and I think would be willing since it has no recreational value. I think it would be a useful thing to have for my friends as well so I can help them if one of us goes over.

And MrRoot - yeah that lines up with what I have heard about morphine. I'm gonna do either 40 or 60mg after some food so I guess I'm about to find out.

Using opiates is using opiates either way. Not convincing you to IV, but rather save the pills for when you sprain your ancle. You relapsed whether you IV or not don't kid yourself any other way or it will affect your rate of recovery.

Oh no man I appreciate the post it's good to know someone else went through pretty much the same thing and thanks for the advice about the morphine. I agree that drinking a solution definitely hits much faster than parachuting it for example and the come up is so much faster it is kind of startling. I always used to feel the codeine in a few minutes when I drank it too though I have moved to popping now just cause I can't stand the taste of a cwe (makes me throw up now, even the smell gets me gagging).

I have heard that morphine is noddier than oxy though, does that hold up in your experience?

Also I have thought about picking up some codiene lictus myself cause the dosage is quite high in each bottle right? Unsure if I could tolerate the taste though. Does it taste anything like a cwe? Is it tolerable? Thanks for the response.

I always found oxy quite stimulating, i'm sure others will agree, a bit like dihydrocodeine but obviously stronger. So yep, morphine is definetly far more sedating and nod inducing.
And codeine linctus is miles better that cwe Co codamol, in my opinion anyway. The linctus has 600mg per bottle and nothing else active in it, the sugar free one is my preference, I can't stand the normal one with 4 grams of sugar per 5 ml! Probably the only time I'd choose sugar free over sugar, take my word for it and go for the sugar freeThere's 2 brands in the UK, care + brand and another one with an orange label, orange one is always sugar free and the care + comes as both.

Keep in mind if you stop an overdose with naloxone you still need to go to a hospital though. Once that naloxone wears off you'll go back into the overdose.