• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxy and Heroin

Xan_Man

Bluelighter
Okay so I used to need 50 mg oxy to get where I wanted to be. I switched to heroin for the last couple of weeks and wasn't taking Percs or oxy. I ran out of H a couple of days ago and could only score 60mg of percs tonight. Will the H I've been taken make it so that I needed like 100 mg to be where I want? I don't understand the cross tolerance. I've only down 3 grams of H over the last two weeks and it wasn't the purest but it's not pure garbage either

Okay so I used to need 50 mg oxy to get where I wanted to be. I switched to heroin for the last couple of weeks and wasn't taking Percs or oxy. I ran out of H a couple of days ago and could only score 60mg of percs tonight. Will the H I've been taken make it so that I needed like 100 mg to be where I want? I don't understand the cross tolerance. I've only down 3 grams of H over the last two weeks and it wasn't the purest but it's not pure garbage either

I can take 50mg of oxycodone and not have any withdrawls or anything that would even compare to H. I can do 3 or 4 lines of H and the next day be cravvving it and withdrawl like crazy only off doing it one day. My H is good though.

My advice, dont switch back and forth just do one. Perkys could possibley be stronger or weaker, we have no way to tell and you could od. Normally H is much stronger but who knows,

Well it has been an hour and 15 minutes since I dosed the 60 mg percs. I am high, but nowhere near as high as I would be before I ever used H. So I'm a bit confused.

I get more H tomorrow. I just couldn't go a day without an opiate high because I am a fiend. Has not enough time passed yet? I remember oxy taking full affect within 45 minutes in the past. And I took these tonight on an empty stomach. Scale of 1-10, my fullness level was a 3.

Then yes your H is much stronger than a prescription pain med, as it usually is. Once you start on the H you usually cant satisfy the opiate high you want ever again without it. It blows

Then yes your H is much stronger than a prescription pain med, as it usually is. Once you start on the H you usually cant satisfy the opiate high you want ever again without it. It blows

No matter the amount of pain meds taken ? Not even doubling my amount to 100 mg oxy would satisfy? I used to get a more enjoyable buzz from oxy than I do from H. But H IS SO MUCH CHEAPER. well looks like I'll just have to forget pain meds exist, when chasing the opiate high. Sounds like I took the step to H too soon. Don't get me wrong I love H but it's a less euphoric high

It could have to do with ROA. I'm not sure about the pharmacology of oxycodone and diamorphine and how they compare to each other.

It's likely that the oxycodone is designed to be released slowly where as the heroin is not. Also there is no practical way of knowing exactly how much diamorphine- or whatever opioid is being sold as heroin, as it is unlikely you are dealing with a pure substance, so 100mg of H is probably not 100mg of opioid.

Opiates, especially H, is dangerous for this reason among others.

It could have to do with ROA. I'm not sure about the pharmacology of oxycodone and diamorphine and how they compare to each other.

It's likely that the oxycodone is designed to be released slowly where as the heroin is not. Also there is no practical way of knowing exactly how much diamorphine- or whatever opioid is being sold as heroin, as it is unlikely you are dealing with a pure substance, so 100mg of H is probably not 100mg of opioid.

Opiates, especially H, is dangerous for this reason among others.

Heroin is raw opiate oxy is a prescription supposed to be used to gradually handle moderate to severe pain. Youre right, H smacks you in the face oxy doesnt.

so basically me experience with H ruined oxy/hydro for me going forward

so basically me experience with H ruined oxy/hydro for me going forward

I’m not necessarily sure that’s the case. 3 grams over 2 weeks is not like a fuckload of heroin. Not at all really. I don’t think you’ve permanently raised your tolerance to such an extent that you can’t enjoy oxy or hydro anymore. A little tolerance break might do you some good, if you’re not physically dependent and won’t get sick.

I’m not necessarily sure that’s the case. 3 grams over 2 weeks is not like a fuckload of heroin. Not at all really. I don’t think you’ve permanently raised your tolerance to such an extent that you can’t enjoy oxy or hydro anymore. A little tolerance break might do you some good, if you’re not physically dependent and won’t get sick.

I'm getting 2g more of H tomorrow. Once I finish that, I'm taking a much needed break. Assuming I'm capable, you know, being an addict and all. I hate this lifestyle I really do. With happiness revolving around feeling high instead of sober and living a productive life. Owning a house, getting a career, saving thousands of dollars etc would be so much more valuable to my life yet I keep choosing to get high instead. I know the line and I play it well. No opiate w/d sickness. same with xanax. I take it until I'm a day or two away from physical w/d. never went through opiate w/d but xanax w/d was the worst. Not having any warning about an oncoming seizure except for involuntary twitches a few minutes before is scary shit. especially at work, driving, or being home alone

Dude if I took all the money I’ve spent on drugs and funneled that into an IRA or into my 401k, i could be retired right now.

Makes me sick. I've definitely spent less over the years, but I'd definitely have a down payment on a house/mortgage by now. and a nicer car. and actually own possessions. But hey, it's all a learning experience. Either I get better or I accept this shitty life I've paved for myself. And that doesn't even include thousands in lawyer fees

Dude if you’re at a point where you can stop with no withdrawals... now is your best shot to stop. I know the mental part is huuuuuge, but you have the advantage of not having the physical withdrawals.

If you really want those things in life, make a decision man.

I am NOT lecturing you or on a soapbox or anything like that. I’m the last person that would have the right do that. I’m a fuck up.

But if you don’t stop now, especially now that you’re getting into smack, your chances of ever stopping are going to reduce by the day.

Good luck my friend.