• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxy addiction - How worried should I be?

Stringer_Bell

Bluelighter
Hi Bluelighters,

I've been using Oxy for about a year and a half. I've never been physically addicted and my pattern of use is that I'll get 70mg of oxy once or month or so and use it over about a week, then not use any for about 3 weeks. I'll typically take 20-30mg and tolerance has not increased beyond that. I live abroad so can only get oxy when I return to the UK. I'll sometimes bring 3 or 4 pills back with me but otherwise have no access when I'm abroad.

I think at this point I'm psychologically addicted to Oxy, I think about it every day and do think a lot about the next time I will be able to experience the blissful high. When I go home to the UK, more than anything I'm looking forward to taking Oxy. So yeah, it's pretty obvious I'm psychologically addicted. But I'm extremely fearful of physical addiction which is why I've gone 1.5 years using without ever becoming physically addicted. However I've researched this a LOT and know that it took many people many years to succumb to outright addiction with opiates. So I'm not arrogant enough to believe it can't happen to me.

I like Oxy. The thought of not using it at all makes me kind of sad. I'm in a good place in life in terms of circumstances, finances, job, physical health, relationships, etc but am prone to the ennui/depression that affects a lot of people. I've got a history of depression, anxiety, OCD, etc. I often find it hard to completely relax, after period of sobriety get this creeping boredom and dissatisfaction, etc.

Based on the above, what do you think? Can I continue to enjoy Oxy once a month or so or should I run a mile? I have to say that although the amount of use hasn't changed over 1.5 years I'm thinking about it more than I used to and think maybe I'm experiencing that insidious reshaping of my reward system.

Thanks a million in anticipation of any advice!

S

Hi Bluelighters,

I've been using Oxy for about a year and a half. I've never been physically addicted and my pattern of use is that I'll get 70mg of oxy once or month or so and use it over about a week, then not use any for about 3 weeks. I'll typically take 20-30mg and tolerance has not increased beyond that. I live abroad so can only get oxy when I return to the UK. I'll sometimes bring 3 or 4 pills back with me but otherwise have no access when I'm abroad.

I think at this point I'm psychologically addicted to Oxy, I think about it every day and do think a lot about the next time I will be able to experience the blissful high. When I go home to the UK, more than anything I'm looking forward to taking Oxy. So yeah, it's pretty obvious I'm psychologically addicted. But I'm extremely fearful of physical addiction which is why I've gone 1.5 years using without ever becoming physically addicted. However I've researched this a LOT and know that it took many people many years to succumb to outright addiction with opiates. So I'm not arrogant enough to believe it can't happen to me.

I like Oxy. The thought of not using it at all makes me kind of sad. I'm in a good place in life in terms of circumstances, finances, job, physical health, relationships, etc but am prone to the ennui/depression that affects a lot of people. I've got a history of depression, anxiety, OCD, etc. I often find it hard to completely relax, after period of sobriety get this creeping boredom and dissatisfaction, etc.

Based on the above, what do you think? Can I continue to enjoy Oxy once a month or so or should I run a mile? I have to say that although the amount of use hasn't changed over 1.5 years I'm thinking about it more than I used to and think maybe I'm experiencing that insidious reshaping of my reward system.

Thanks a million in anticipation of any advice!

S
You sound almost exactly as me.

Jump ship now while you can.