• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxazepam sublingual: how?

royerlraph79

Bluelighter
So I'm being prescribed 30mg oxazepam as needed and it doesn't seem to be strong enough when taken orally. I tried several times sublingually, but these meds take more than 10 minutes before dissolving under my tongue. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. So my question is: how exactly should I know when I can finally drink water? Should there be any powder left yet? Basically, how do I know when it has dissolved at all??

You should not have to take oxazepam sublingually. But if you really want to, you could use a little water to help it dissolve then swallow. If this medicine is not helping you, perhaps you can ask your doctor about adjusting your dosage or a different medication.

Its not worth it, oxazepam does not really work any faster taken sublingually. Its a benzo that takes long time to take effect anyway, I do not know why is that but its different than most others.

I'm gonna piggy-back with T. on this one. The oral bioavailability of Oxazepam (Serax) is ~95.5%. So even if, theoretically, the sublingual BA were that ~5% higher it A. Wouldn't be worth the effort of preparing it for sublingual or B. The increase in effect would be totally indistinguishable. I think it would be a better idea to put your energy into finding a medication that does work instead of trying to make the Oxazepam work better, because I think the latter will be a futile attempt.