Mental Health Overthinking ADD/ADHD

uezor

Greenlighter
Hello.

I was diagnosed with ADD but medical help did not help my problem.

This is how I characterize some of my ADD symptoms: 1) overthinking; 2) automatic chain of thought; 3) however, my thoughts are not negative thoughts.

Example 1: I leave the house to buy milk but I'm thinking about my girlfriend, work, training, ADD, among other things... and I end up forgetting to buy the milk. I go out again to buy milk and I forget to buy milk again.

Example 2: I am so lost in my thoughts that I forget that the street where I live has only one direction of driving and I enter in the opposite direction.

Example 3: I'm watching a movie and when I know it, 10 minutes have passed and I've lost myself creating my own version of a certain scene in the movie.

Medication with concerta or vyvanse didn't help me focus, on the contrary, I think it made my symptoms worse.

With vyvanse, I remember being super motivated to work but when I sat in front of the LAPTOP to do it I couldn't concentrate and kept remembering important things to do in another work... when I moved on to the other work I remembered important things to do on my first work, and so on.

Anyone else suffer from overthinking and had no success with traditional ADD medication? Is there a clinical name for this type of ADD? Dr Daniel Amen talks about Overfocused ADD but he associates that type of ADD with negative thoughts, which is not my case.

I like to understand how things work neurologically and chemically, the science behind. Are there any experts out there? I know that traditional ADD results from a problem with the dopaminergic system. But is this excessive thinking caused by an excess of glutamane for example? Can Magnesium or Taurine decrease this effects?

Thank you for your attention.

I'm diagnosed with bipolar comorbid ADD and I'm under Atomoxetine (Straterra) treatment.
it differs from "traditional" (or to be more precise: Amphetamine based medication like Adderal and Ritalin) as the therapeutic effects can only be seen after at least 3 weeks of treatment.
it is quite effective and my executive dysfunction has almost entirely disappeared, maybe it would work for your case?

also ADD is not only dopaminergic based disorder, Norepinephrine also is there to consider (as well as many other things).

my advice to you is to keep on seeking medical help until you find the treatment most suitable for your case, don't give up!

P.S: do NOT stop any kind of medication without first consulting your therapist

I have found Dexedrine to be immensely helpful for inattentive based ADHD. I was only diagnosed this year (comorbid bipolar, autism, complex PTSD) so it's a bit of a mess around. My focus is much better on dexedrine but I also got put on Guanfacine which I'm waiting to feel full effects from.

Hi friend, i hope my post helpurrrr you

I feel you doesnt understand the core of add, the executive function.

Im diagnosed and I show extremely evident add symptoms, its very hard for me to do things that I WANT AND NEED to do, but notcuz im distracted at all, (im, im not focused as supposed, or not really important focus), its more related to procastination. Thanks god and the family supporting me, respecting me, but that was two sided, never have been problematic or any, that doesnt mean all is good and pink, i had a very hard adolescence, really hard, lived alone hundred of kms ofany fam... mainly becouse personal family discussion and my father plus mine character.

But, back on topic, ADD is more explained as a executive disfunction, you know you NEED or WANT to do something, but is vomitive even sometimes lol, but you suffer at the same time becouse you know you will do it just seconds before the nuclear bomb explodes, if its not something highly undesirable becouse procastination, you can procastinate all your life, and suffer becouse you wannabe but u dont wannado, so that creates intrapersonal problems leading to another mental illnes commonly (im meth daily user last4 years, not proud, im a highly dependant user of good quality, feeling guilt everytime i purchase my shit, becouse is extremely expensive, and i have my own business where i work all the day.... for the needs, i know i can buy materialist expensive stupid or good shit if i wasnt using 1-3 minium salaries in my country daily to keep me awake, plus, benzo use for not feel or see like a tweaker, and other benefits, lead me to double addiction, idc clonaz, but rn im fighting and lowering the amph dose)

I respond perfectly to meth and vyvanse (well, meth is extremely abusable, and im not a very responsable user.., but im), my bad reaction a methylphen is it just last 1 and a half hour then makes me a shitty person angry with anyone and dysphoric-like, antisocial and something like arrogant person, so, i hate ritalin, isnt even abusable...)

I think becouse you description, your concerns are related more to other mental imbalances (nah chemical, thats bs, i use chemicals to enhance my productivity and life enjoy, and i create the disbalances in a deep way i know), for me, this all disorders, have a marked envoirment reason, not whats around you, but, what you learned to think about you, others, and the life daily things, determinated by who was around you at every moment in your life), its important to focus in that aspect, becouse meds, that are very effective for me, around 1/5 of them, just generate more problems at long term, you dont need any other cons, becouse are harsh problems that u dont want to experience, so, take care about meds, but feel free to try any u want with a medical supervision, you maybe can find something that completes your puzzle.

I havent tried modafinil in 7 years, then, i was dessesperated becouse my extremly high meth doses in 2020-2021 and how misserable was the reduction 2021-2022, then, a month ago, one psych prescribed to me modafinil 100mg 1x daily, well... its a low dose, but i dont want to take more cuz im still in meth daily, and other meds, but god, the first days was really noticeable, i can only say its the perfect stimulant, the touch of motivation needed to do the things without suffer or think to do another thing that u feel less disgusting, helped me i feel, to dont fall asleep 20 times daily at any place (yes, meth reduction caused like-narolepsy episodies, and was annoying, and suffered several hits of fall down at any place, not when i was stimulated outside my house walking, that was like at the bathroom, playing poker, reading something, then i hitted my head with the desktop and i got retard until today, for example), well... im founding an alternative to amphetamines, I WAS SURE THAT JUST AMPS WORKS AS DESIRED, and god, that was incredible to try something that gives me the executive labors smoothing effects at the modafinil levels, and i know i can potentiate tgat adding meds (soft ones... and supplement, sulbutiamine, racetams, rhodiola, ALCAR, etc.) or even more, changing life habits, but... i will let that for tomorrow, i will starting taking care about myself seriously just 1 day before i die of cancer.

IMO the modafinil is exactly what you dont need, or who knows, but can give you a super clean concentration, but not stop any, or well, maybe stop all internal dialogues, who knows, for me in that way, just make them more objectives, less divaguing, shorter, idk, but that feels chemically induced so much, isnt enjoyable, but isnt something bad at all.

Try straterra, have u tried SSRI? for me do shit, even if i takin rn 100mg sertraline daily, if im depressed gimme the buprenorphine IM or IV and why should i need another antidepressants useless, but i dont have the money to pay an opioid addiction rn, maybe i can take that stupid decission later.

other thinks comes to my mind that can help, racetams, try piracetam for first, always calm down, with low doses, unnoticeables, then try 2-3 days later your system cleaned, same dose, then if you want to feel it, redose after 2 hours, not same dose, half or less, depends of the compound, then, find the lowest effective dose (or seconday effects before any effective shit), then stay at that smooth point, trust me, i have abused tons of drugs that even i dont remember all the RCs i have injected when i was obsessed with them, 2013 idk.

Get medical advice over all my comments, that are just a opinion of a non-professional knowledge and i can be wrong at any point, just take it as an opinion, reasearch yourself and always talk to your medic what u doing, i can have prescript what i want, so, i dont need the psych rx to get any med i want to usel, so i feel super comfortable in that way, and was hard to find a psych that accepted to be flexible in my prescriptions, but was just prejuices, in the back im resopnsable and a good person, or another dumb word that describes me, im honest and the confidence growed with a younger and non frigid psych, very good one, i love he centers much more in my habits, and things to change, specially about my own love and the joy of being alive, with a honest comments about how im making suffering myself, and if i really want to change and why, and if im tried about being so childish with some habits, he doesnt talk me about life is good, he knows whats happening in my way to live, so, i fucking love my psych, but i often visit other ones just to know their opinions, its not really expensive private medical attention at Mexico, it HURTS in the budget a lot, most ppl dont have the money to see medical specialiced advice and prescription, or just is too much money to use in your health when maybe u have most important payments to do, but its not ridiculously expensive as other nations if you dont have insurance (i only have been at insurance 6 months of my life, plus the insurance by right when u are a kid or a student).

Wellll, hope my large post have at least one key that help you to find the way to your future improve.

Blesss!!

Mew

Hi friend, i hope my post helpurrrr you

I feel you doesnt understand the core of add, the executive function.

Im diagnosed and I show extremely evident add symptoms, its very hard for me to do things that I WANT AND NEED to do, but notcuz im distracted at all, (im, im not focused as supposed, or not really important focus), its more related to procastination. Thanks god and the family supporting me, respecting me, but that was two sided, never have been problematic or any, that doesnt mean all is good and pink, i had a very hard adolescence, really hard, lived alone hundred of kms ofany fam... mainly becouse personal family discussion and my father plus mine character.

But, back on topic, ADD is more explained as a executive disfunction, you know you NEED or WANT to do something, but is vomitive even sometimes lol, but you suffer at the same time becouse you know you will do it just seconds before the nuclear bomb explodes, if its not something highly undesirable becouse procastination, you can procastinate all your life, and suffer becouse you wannabe but u dont wannado, so that creates intrapersonal problems leading to another mental illnes commonly (im meth daily user last4 years, not proud, im a highly dependant user of good quality, feeling guilt everytime i purchase my shit, becouse is extremely expensive, and i have my own business where i work all the day.... for the needs, i know i can buy materialist expensive stupid or good shit if i wasnt using 1-3 minium salaries in my country daily to keep me awake, plus, benzo use for not feel or see like a tweaker, and other benefits, lead me to double addiction, idc clonaz, but rn im fighting and lowering the amph dose)

I respond perfectly to meth and vyvanse (well, meth is extremely abusable, and im not a very responsable user.., but im), my bad reaction a methylphen is it just last 1 and a half hour then makes me a shitty person angry with anyone and dysphoric-like, antisocial and something like arrogant person, so, i hate ritalin, isnt even abusable...)

I think becouse you description, your concerns are related more to other mental imbalances (nah chemical, thats bs, i use chemicals to enhance my productivity and life enjoy, and i create the disbalances in a deep way i know), for me, this all disorders, have a marked envoirment reason, not whats around you, but, what you learned to think about you, others, and the life daily things, determinated by who was around you at every moment in your life), its important to focus in that aspect, becouse meds, that are very effective for me, around 1/5 of them, just generate more problems at long term, you dont need any other cons, becouse are harsh problems that u dont want to experience, so, take care about meds, but feel free to try any u want with a medical supervision, you maybe can find something that completes your puzzle.

I havent tried modafinil in 7 years, then, i was dessesperated becouse my extremly high meth doses in 2020-2021 and how misserable was the reduction 2021-2022, then, a month ago, one psych prescribed to me modafinil 100mg 1x daily, well... its a low dose, but i dont want to take more cuz im still in meth daily, and other meds, but god, the first days was really noticeable, i can only say its the perfect stimulant, the touch of motivation needed to do the things without suffer or think to do another thing that u feel less disgusting, helped me i feel, to dont fall asleep 20 times daily at any place (yes, meth reduction caused like-narolepsy episodies, and was annoying, and suffered several hits of fall down at any place, not when i was stimulated outside my house walking, that was like at the bathroom, playing poker, reading something, then i hitted my head with the desktop and i got retard until today, for example), well... im founding an alternative to amphetamines, I WAS SURE THAT JUST AMPS WORKS AS DESIRED, and god, that was incredible to try something that gives me the executive labors smoothing effects at the modafinil levels, and i know i can potentiate tgat adding meds (soft ones... and supplement, sulbutiamine, racetams, rhodiola, ALCAR, etc.) or even more, changing life habits, but... i will let that for tomorrow, i will starting taking care about myself seriously just 1 day before i die of cancer.

IMO the modafinil is exactly what you dont need, or who knows, but can give you a super clean concentration, but not stop any, or well, maybe stop all internal dialogues, who knows, for me in that way, just make them more objectives, less divaguing, shorter, idk, but that feels chemically induced so much, isnt enjoyable, but isnt something bad at all.

Try straterra, have u tried SSRI? for me do shit, even if i takin rn 100mg sertraline daily, if im depressed gimme the buprenorphine IM or IV and why should i need another antidepressants useless, but i dont have the money to pay an opioid addiction rn, maybe i can take that stupid decission later.

other thinks comes to my mind that can help, racetams, try piracetam for first, always calm down, with low doses, unnoticeables, then try 2-3 days later your system cleaned, same dose, then if you want to feel it, redose after 2 hours, not same dose, half or less, depends of the compound, then, find the lowest effective dose (or seconday effects before any effective shit), then stay at that smooth point, trust me, i have abused tons of drugs that even i dont remember all the RCs i have injected when i was obsessed with them, 2013 idk.

Get medical advice over all my comments, that are just a opinion of a non-professional knowledge and i can be wrong at any point, just take it as an opinion, reasearch yourself and always talk to your medic what u doing, i can have prescript what i want, so, i dont need the psych rx to get any med i want to usel, so i feel super comfortable in that way, and was hard to find a psych that accepted to be flexible in my prescriptions, but was just prejuices, in the back im resopnsable and a good person, or another dumb word that describes me, im honest and the confidence growed with a younger and non frigid psych, very good one, i love he centers much more in my habits, and things to change, specially about my own love and the joy of being alive, with a honest comments about how im making suffering myself, and if i really want to change and why, and if im tried about being so childish with some habits, he doesnt talk me about life is good, he knows whats happening in my way to live, so, i fucking love my psych, but i often visit other ones just to know their opinions, its not really expensive private medical attention at Mexico, it HURTS in the budget a lot, most ppl dont have the money to see medical specialiced advice and prescription, or just is too much money to use in your health when maybe u have most important payments to do, but its not ridiculously expensive as other nations if you dont have insurance (i only have been at insurance 6 months of my life, plus the insurance by right when u are a kid or a student).

Wellll, hope my large post have at least one key that help you to find the way to your future improve.

Blesss!!

Mew

Hi there. Thank you for your answer.

My doctor only told me about concerta and vyvanse.

I've tried Modafinil before, with different doses and I didn't like it. Granted, it gives a feeling of wakefulness and alertness, but it doesn't solve my motivation and procrastination problem. And it doesn't stop me from taking naps.

Some time ago I tried Aniracetam and Oxiracetam and I thought that the «cure» for my problems was here. I noticed that I was much more interested in university classes, didn't spend classes researching other things online, and interacted a lot more with professors. However, I could never replicate this effect out of the classroom and continued to procrastinate.

Currently, I continue to try Aniracetam/Oxiracetam to attend classes, but I believe that interest in the class has waned and I find myself getting distracted by other things online. I used to take sublingual Oxiracetam and in the meantime I simply took it directly. Maybe sublingual Oxiracetam works better and that's why I don't have that interest in classes anymore. I also used uridine before, but I stopped. Perhaps Uridine is responsible for that interest in classes.

When I have to work outside of the classroom, and to combat procrastination, I started again on Vyvanse (between 5mg and 15mg). It's the only thing I can guarantee that makes me do what has to be done and doesn't let me take naps (99% of the time)

However this morning I took 7.5mg of Vyvanse and couldn't resist taking a nap for a few hours. This is not normal. Perhaps it is related to the low dose and the fact that I took alpha lipoic acid with breakfast.

The problem with Vyvanse is that it makes it difficult for me to concentrate and think. And in winter I get very cold after taking Vyvanse.

I believe that Inderal can mitigate these side effects.

Exactly what you said, modafinil gives me something like work enhancing mentality, im clear and plain, helps with my meth low use (becouse im in "low" doses and my tolerance is sad, what i do everyday, is sleeping every night, but i suddenly fall asleep or i feel im about to fall asleep really suddenly becouse i dont feel very tried haha, if im sitting in the computer working, i suddenly fall asleep daily just a month ago), modafinil helped me exceptionally in that way, i just had falled asleep one time at the morning since im taking just 100mg., but around 6-7 pm i start to felling somnolence, generally i redose meth a little, and is very common that im working and redosing at the same time so i keep the pipe in my hand watching a machine is working ok then i wake up cuz the sound of the broken pipe, cuz i was about fall asleep after smoke 10 hits lol.

To keep you motivated, i would recommend a honest and open mind self therapy is what worked much more than any drugs, but i still using the amphetamines becouse it really helps for motivation, but i feel what you saying about mind effects describing like a spaced mind, happens to me, and lower doses, modafinil plus an attitude of ambition and being thankfully with all i have in my life.

I feel sometimes that hyperstimulated spaced mind go away with clonazepam, and yes, in my case it takes out the edge of the dose im using of meth, but i have a dependence, not high doses, i have been addicted to benzos before and i dont want to go back at that point of my life, keep the dose in 1.5 average daily ammount, skipping them some days, some days in a row without problem becouse im scared about the idea of being in a high benzo dose withdrawal again in my life, and the benzo keep working for last 2 years becouse i just take them when i honestly feel need them, and always having positive results of the intake, i have been using it before to take the anxiety that comes with high dose meth abuse, and worked, but tolerance gone up and all become a disaster, so think twice before see in this way of medication its the most addictive drug i know just after alcohol, i always have loved to abuse alcohol even after really bad experiences, i just became more moderated, but if im not doing something i will start to desire alcohol, but i havent been alc withdrawals, just benzos but afaik are symilar

Im glad that your vyvvanse dose its low, i would love to get any effect under the 90mg dose, that really dont helped so much, my tolerance to stims was higher the last time i used vyvvanse, idk an "effective dose" for me right now, its a very good med, if it help you keep on it and try to improve in your self education about how you can grow discipline to get the things you want in the life.

I want to try phenylpiracetam... but after modafinil is helping me a lot, im right now more focused on work in my psychological improvement, im not more using insane doses of any drug, is not more attractive for me (just alcohol), and i had to face lot of responsabilities that i let wait for years, and was been a really disgusting job, but if i dont face them, i will start to feel misserable, depressed and stupid cuz my life beliefs are not more distorted like was before, and all will go deeper everyday i know the history, in my case.

Hope that you get that motivation, work hard to get it and you will found it in some place, that happened eventually for me when i start to make a hones effort in love myself and try to enjoy my life, maybe its confusing but is my experience and i cant really describe all in few words, i dont have that skill haha.

Saludos!

For anyone arguing that ADD/ADHD is primarily or significantly a deficiency in a person’s Executive Function - you are largely correct although there are other cognitive functions impacted as well for many people (working memory for example) as well as emotional dysregulation.

But if you then go on to claim you ‘do well’ on meth just as you do other stimulants you might be prescribed then you might be deceiving yourself if you consume anymore than maybe 5-20 mg of meth a day regularly or binge on larger amounts.

There is plenty if research that shows meth seriously damages Executive Function. More so than any other stimulant. Furthermore, at this point in time, the research suggests that when meth damages executive function that damage is permanent even after you stop use for a long time although some improvement may return. Future research over longer periods of abstinence may show something different. We can only hope 🙏.

ADHD-there is no such diagnose here.Children,that are diagnosed with this for me are a little bit more easily distracted,more energetic.....normal kids.I know,that amphetamines have paradoxal effect on them-calm down,made them more focused......but thats a normal kids and this are strong meds.Some psychological effort is much more proper for me.Other option-such condition is more common in West societies for some reasone.....or almost all kids are with this condition,which resolves with time without need to medicate them.But here is very different in many aspects....cannot describe it.Man must live here for a while to understand....Here live many foreigners,many brits(at least 2 families only in our village).Mostly people above 50 and they acustumized pretty well-brewing alc.bevarages like locals and feel free and comfortable.Nice people most of them.John Lowten,a voice of Uriah Heep lived his last years here besides the sea in a small vilage

Last edited:
ADHD-there is no such diagnose here.Children,that are diagnosed with this for me are a little bit more easily distracted,more energetic.....normal kids.I know,that amphetamines have paradoxal effect on them-calm down,made them more focused......but thats a normal kids and this are strong meds.Some psychological effort is much more proper for me.Other option-such condition is more common in West societies for some reasone.....or almost all kids are with this condition,which resolves with time without need to medicate them.But here is very different in many aspects....cannot describe it.Man must live here for a while to understand....Here live many foreigners,many brits(at least 2 families only in our village).Mostly people above 50 and they acustumized pretty well-brewing alc.bevarages like locals and feel free and comfortable.Nice people most of them.
The problem here is that the system considers ADHD to be a psychiatric problem rather than a behavioural issue. As such kids with the symptoms conected to ADHD are inevitably channeled to psychiatrists who kind of own ADHD.

But here Psychiatrists almost always treat the symptoms in front them pharmaceuticaly. I have never ever seen a psychiatrist who even mentioned non-drug psychological treatment. The idea of a patient having a panel of carers dealing with behavioural, social, and medical aspects of their overall problem is non existent.

ADHD-there is no such diagnose here.Children,that are diagnosed with this for me are a little bit more easily distracted,more energetic.....normal kids.I know,that amphetamines have paradoxal effect on them-calm down,made them more focused......but thats a normal kids and this are strong meds.Some psychological effort is much more proper for me.Other option-such condition is more common in West societies for some reasone.....or almost all kids are with this condition,which resolves with time without need to medicate them.But here is very different in many aspects....cannot describe it.Man must live here for a while to understand
Fascinating. Which country again? Sorry I forgot. Colombia?

The idea of a patient having a panel of carers dealing with behavioural, social, and medical aspects of their overall problem is non existent.
It is actually becoming more common here in Australia for there to be a multidisciplinary approach to treating kids with ADHD. I mean, yes there is still pharmaceutical intervention as the primary treatment method BUT kids will also have Occupational Therapy, Psychology, and other appropriate therapies concurrently. It's so much better because in a lot of cases it means they can reduce the doses of medication.

It is actually becoming more common here in Australia for there to be a multidisciplinary approach to treating kids with ADHD. I mean, yes there is still pharmaceutical intervention as the primary treatment method BUT kids will also have Occupational Therapy, Psychology, and other appropriate therapies concurrently. It's so much better because in a lot of cases it means they can reduce the doses of medication.
Is that something that the GP or Psychologist coordinates? Or is it the parent’s responsibility?

I know there are some special (very expensive) private centers that provide a more integrated approach for kids - is that what you are referring to?

My psychiatrist has not communicated with my GP even once in 5 years. My GP once said he was thinking of making a formal complaint but that all the specialists were basicaly the same.

On the plus side - they don’t coordinate what they prescribe me…

I am from Bulgaria,but I am almost sure,that this includes all Eastern Europe.That's why here we have absolutely no one legit psychostimulant.For me personally giving a kid amphetamine is a crime.Could sound too far,but this iminently would give bad consequences in the future.These are young developing brains.To poison your own child just because some shrink told you,that it has bad,bad desease?Again-may be this condition here just don't exist and it comes from well developed societies.

I am from Bulgaria,but I am almost sure,that this includes all Eastern Europe.That's why here we have absolutely no one legit psychostimulant.For me personally giving a kid amphetamine is a crime.Could sound too far,but this iminently would give bad consequences in the future.These are young developing brains.To poison your own child just because some shrink told you,that it has bad,bad desease?Again-may be this condition here just don't exist and it comes from well developed societies.
There definitely are people with overactive and somewhat easily distracted minds who’s brains respond paradoxically to amphetamines.

Unlike people with normal brains, these people become calmer on alphetamines and much better able to organise and control their thoughts and behaviour. These people also do not develop tolerance to amphetamines at prescribed doses (which are very low) and do not suffer withdrawal effects if they stop taking their prescribed doses for a while.

Undortunately it is not yet possible to objectively identify these kinds of brains and many many children are misdiagnosed with ADHD and given amphetamines which they do not need and which may ultimately harm them.

And many older children and their parents seek an ADHD diagnosis because they get special treatment during exams or they think amphetamines will enhance academic performance.

There definitely are people with overactive and somewhat easily distracted minds who’s brains respond paradoxically to amphetamines.

Unlike people with normal brains, these people become calmer on alphetamines and much better able to organise and control their thoughts and behaviour. These people also do not develop tolerance to amphetamines at prescribed doses (which are very low) and do not suffer withdrawal effects if they stop taking their prescribed doses for a while.

Undortunately it is not yet possible to objectively identify these kinds of brains and many many children are misdiagnosed with ADHD and given amphetamines which they do not need and which may ultimately harm them.

And many older children and their parents seek an ADHD diagnosis because they get special treatment during exams or they think amphetamines will enhance academic performance.
There's a big difference between regular dexamp and methdexamp though in the fact that meth crosses a broader surface of blood brain barrier and hits about 3x as hard which means there's a lot more neurotoxicity involved with meth than regular amps. Meth is [prescribed at 5 or 10mg in the USA as a last line of defence for ADHD that isn't resolving with regular medications and for binge eating disorder. Here in Canada it's not even a medication which can be prescribed m- except I think maybe in some 'safer supply' dispensaries mostly around Vancouver area..

For instance, I have a pretty large amount of dexedrine and vyvanse prescribed each day (30mg and 110mg now respectively) which is way above what's normally used for ADHD. I'm prescribed dually for that and amphetamines addiction. I do this in an effort in harm reduction, which I'm only managing to fail at spectacularly right now. I'm not using meth the past several days again but I'm on the needle hard with everything I can possibly shoot up my arm between prescribed meds and whatever I come across.

It's okay - I'm drinking hand sanitizer to stay clean. I have not attained any attentional deficit in scraping up anything I can find on the floor to hope to god I'll get high if shoot it as well. Perhaps if I wax soliloquy in tandem to having such an astonishing mensa result for my ADDistic and outlandish to the neurotypica; plebs I'll get a better test score in something to hold over my own progress for the rest of time. As I examine my iron will to forego God - spiralling into nihilistic decay and my inspiritn wisdom to generational differences which are booming.. I blame my mommy and daddy for everything!

:alien:

So ADHD id not a reason to use meth guys., ADHD and meth do not mix. They do not.

METH IS TOO STRONG AND IT WILL CAUSE COGNITIVE DEFICIENCY IN ANYONE WHO OVERUSES IT. IT DOES NOT TAKE MUCH TO ACHIEVE TOO MUVH METH!

sanitizer!

There's a big difference between regular dexamp and methdexamp though in the fact that meth crosses a broader surface of blood brain barrier and hits about 3x as hard which means there's a lot more neurotoxicity involved with meth than regular amps. Meth is [prescribed at 5 or 10mg in the USA as a last line of defence for ADHD that isn't resolving with regular medications and for binge eating disorder. Here in Canada it's not even a medication which can be prescribed m- except I think maybe in some 'safer supply' dispensaries mostly around Vancouver area..

For instance, I have a pretty large amount of dexedrine and vyvanse prescribed each day (30mg and 110mg now respectively) which is way above what's normally used for ADHD. I'm prescribed dually for that and amphetamines addiction. I do this in an effort in harm reduction, which I'm only managing to fail at spectacularly right now. I'm not using meth the past several days again but I'm on the needle hard with everything I can possibly shoot up my arm between prescribed meds and whatever I come across.

It's okay - I'm drinking hand sanitizer to stay clean. I have not attained any attentional deficit in scraping up anything I can find on the floor to hope to god I'll get high if shoot it as well. Perhaps if I wax soliloquy in tandem to having such an astonishing mensa result for my ADDistic and outlandish to the neurotypica; plebs I'll get a better test score in something to hold over my own progress for the rest of time. As I examine my iron will to forego God - spiralling into nihilistic decay and my inspiritn wisdom to generational differences which are booming.. I blame my mommy and daddy for everything!

:alien:

So ADHD id not a reason to use meth guys., ADHD and meth do not mix. They do not.

METH IS TOO STRONG AND IT WILL CAUSE COGNITIVE DEFICIENCY IN ANYONE WHO OVERUSES IT. IT DOES NOT TAKE MUCH TO ACHIEVE TOO MUVH METH!

sanitizer!
100 % agree

Oh right, sorry I must have mistaken you for someone else who is from South America :)
Very interesting how it is so different there though!

Is that something that the GP or Psychologist coordinates? Or is it the parent’s responsibility?

I know there are some special (very expensive) private centers that provide a more integrated approach for kids - is that what you are referring to?

My psychiatrist has not communicated with my GP even once in 5 years. My GP once said he was thinking of making a formal complaint but that all the specialists were basicaly the same.

It is a collaborative effort actually, and there are third-party support provider companies who coordinate it all. We are extremely lucky here in Australia in that we have a fantastic public healthcare system and disability services scheme. Literally EVERYTHING is covered, very rarely do parents have to pay out of pocket for medical and therapeutic services.

Very very lucky.

ADHD-there is no such diagnose here.Children,that are diagnosed with this for me are a little bit more easily distracted,more energetic.....normal kids.I know,that amphetamines have paradoxal effect on them-calm down,made them more focused......but thats a normal kids and this are strong meds.Some psychological effort is much more proper for me.Other option-such condition is more common in West societies for some reasone.....or almost all kids are with this condition,which resolves with time without need to medicate them.But here is very different in many aspects....cannot describe it.Man must live here for a while to understand....Here live many foreigners,many brits(at least 2 families only in our village).Mostly people above 50 and they acustumized pretty well-brewing alc.bevarages like locals and feel free and comfortable.Nice people most of them.John Lowten,a voice of Uriah Heep lived his last years here besides the sea in a small vilage
I love Uriah Heep! I own Salisbury, Demons and Wizards, and The Magician's Birthday. Have you heard of Wishbone Ash?

Back on topic, I was diagnosed with ADD as kid and was placed on Ritalin, I believe. Had an adverse reaction and my parents took me off and sent me to a child psychologist. He gave me some focusing exercises that I was able to use successfully to pull my grades up. That and being placed in Gifted classes allowed me to be separated from the general population of other students, which also improved my behavior.

So to address what @Atomic_Decay asked n3o, it was essentially my parents' responsibility to recognize the meds weren't working as intended and to send me to someone without a medicinal solution to my problem. I was so young I don't remember anything about insurance or costs for my parents.

I love Uriah Heep! I own Salisbury, Demons and Wizards, and The Magician's Birthday. Have you heard of Wishbone Ash?

Back on topic, I was diagnosed with ADD as kid and was placed on Ritalin, I believe. Had an adverse reaction and my parents took me off and sent me to a child psychologist. He gave me some focusing exercises that I was able to use successfully to pull my grades up. That and being placed in Gifted classes allowed me to be separated from the general population of other students, which also improved my behavior.

So to address what @Atomic_Decay asked n3o, it was essentially my parents' responsibility to recognize the meds weren't working as intended and to send me to someone without a medicinal solution to my problem. I was so young I don't remember anything about insurance or costs for my parents.
Only heard like a name and that's all.Uriah made a lot of concerts here at the sea.From times of commie regime people gathered on 1st of July to look the sunrise.John Lawten has even monument here.He also made a wonderful movies about my country.Lovely person.R.I.P.

Hey, me too!! In fact I was skipped ahead an entire grade in high school. I thrived on Ritalin though, however in retrospect it undoubtedly lead me to using illicit drugs when I left high school.