• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Overheating, chills, and chest tightness from rolling?

flowkitty

Greenlighter
How common are deaths from overheating? I've rolled like 10 times and never felt particularly hot until the most recent time when I rolled at a music festival. I had chills & felt very cold and clammy all night while we were outside watching the music. I also felt very tight in the chest and kept feeling the need to take deep breaths. Then when I started to come down we walked back to the campsite which was on top of a very steep mountain. When we arrived at the campsite I started feeling EXTREMELY hot and feverish (probably triggered by the physical exertion required to walk up the mountain). I was convinced I was overheating and was going to die, or that my heart was going to stop or something. I dumped cold water on my head and eventually managed to go to sleep. The overheating thing was very frightening for me and I am just wondering how common this is and how dangerous it is? I was drinking lots of water (probably too much) and it didn't seem to help much. Also how common are the other side effects such as chills, chest tightness, etc?

i've never had chills and chest tightness from mdma, but it's common with some adulterants sold as mdma. always make sure to test your stuff.

mdma (and other entactogens) raise your body temperature, so it's normal to feel hot. indeed by far the most common cause (and basically the most important thing to watch) for death caused by mdma is overheating. still, it's a very rare thing even though many people take mdma in hot clubs and dance for prolonged periods of time. the key to staying safe is periodically taking breaks from physical activity and relaxing in a cooler environment, along with sufficient hydration.

That sounds like anxiety to me. Were you waiting this particular date? Anything in particular happened to you during that day/previous days that might trigger an anxiety attack?

Yeah it sounds like anxiety to me too. Did you test this product with a test kit to confirm it is MDMA?