Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Overheat / High Blood Pressure symptoms

loyalspirit

Greenlighter
Hello everybody I want to share my story on what happened to me on the weekend
The last time I used ecstasy was last year. I use the drug occasionally

Friday Night: a friend was in a good mood and decided to give me free ecstasy pill. I told him that
i would prefer to take half of the pill so I can see what the effects are like, so he agreed and cut
the pill in half. I took it. 1 hr later I had a great feeling of relaxation, I wasn't too talkative but
i could feel the effects and they were good for only half a pill. That evening I went to a bar and
I had only 1 pint of Alexander Keith's apple cider and a glass of water. I didn't go to bed till like 7am
that drug kept me up, I couldn't go to sleep but I felt fine, no serious side effects, just a lil drowsy

Saturday Night: I went to my friends place and bought 6 pills (same batch) I was amazed of the
effects. Went to another bar to meet up with some friends, I took half of the pill, had a great
time, drank 1 smurnoff ice cooler, after I had a nice glass of water. I was also drinking Gatorade. Later in the evening I took second half of the pill and went to another party. Again I had a great time, I wasn't feeling usual. I had small glass of whiskey and coke but I took few sips of it, I was offered by a friend and I wasn't in drinking mood, I didn't even finish the glass. I got home and went to bed at like 9am, again couldn't sleep lol
I experienced no serious side effects, everything was ok.

Sunday Night: A girl called me and wanted me over so we can talk and chill. I decided to take 2 half
pills and finish the remaining crushed up powders that was left in the bag. At her place I was drinking
2 strongbow apple cider in cans and we smoked weed, I felt fine during this time. ( I wasn't drinking
water at this time) A few hours later i went home and I felt very tired, now this is where I think I went wrong. I smoked a joint just to take the edge off from the come down effect and I noticed that my head started feeling very hot and it felt like something was pounding head so I went outside for fresh air but it did no good. My head started hurting me and honestly it felt like it was going to explode. During this time my heart started racing. I became pretty concern so I lied down for few mins, the headache was getting worst. So I rushed to ER, they checked my blood pressure and they said it was a little high but nothing serious and my heart was beating like crazy.

They IV me so they can put some fluid in me, I guess I was dehydrated. They gave me Ativan to
keep me calm and they gave me some Tylenol for the headache. After few hrs the doctor did some blood test and said everything is ok and they discharged me from the hospital.

Today: My head bothers me here and there. I will deal with it, Im pretty sure its the side effects of E and should hopefully go away.

I feel pretty ashamed of myself, I'm trying to think what I did wrong because I was perfectly fine on
friday and saturday.....

1: I don't have a testing kit. I understand if you don't test your pills you are basically taking
unknown drug that could possibility kill you. I took half a pill on fri and sat and my body reacted fine

2: Drinking alcohol while on ecstasy.

3: Taking E on friday, saturday and sunday

My guess is the reason why I started experiencing great discomfort all around my head and feeling hot
was because I didn't keep myself hydrated. I popped e, dranked alcohol and smoked weed. My guess with
all of this combined could of contributed to overheating

The problem is I have 6 pills and I don't know if I should keep them or flush them down the toilet. It was a pretty scary feeling. If I didn't rush to the hospital I don't know what would of happened. I like E for the
therapeutic effects but obviously I don't want to experience this again or worst.

Today: My head feels like mushy (if that makes any sense!) it's very sporadic, it comes and goes.....

Any feedback would highly be appreciated!

hi loyalspirit,

If you didn't sleep at all on Friday/Saturday night, drank alcohol, didn't drink water, etc, then no doubt your body would be very worn down by Sunday night.. didn't the doctor or nurse tell you what happened to your body and what may have caused it?

MD pills don't usually keep you awake for days like that, perhaps buy a test kit then you can test the remaining ones and any future pills etc

Good luck

didn't the doctor or nurse tell you what happened to your body and what may have caused it?Good luck

The doctor didn't know which I found odd. I asked the doctor few times, wasn't sure.
Yes Im going to invest on test kit. I won't drink alcohol anymore if I do ecstasy/mdma. I will make sure
to have a glass of cold water of have Gatorade and I will take small sips.

I know a lot of you guys take a whole pill but knowing my tolerance I will take only half, if I don't
feel anything then fuck it lol

The doctor didn't know which I found odd. I asked the doctor few times, wasn't sure.
Yes Im going to invest on test kit. I won't drink alcohol anymore if I do ecstasy/mdma. I will make sure
to have a glass of cold water of have Gatorade and I will take small sips.

I know a lot of you guys take a whole pill but knowing my tolerance I will take only half, if I don't
feel anything then fuck it lol

There's more to it than just 'taking a whole pill vs only taking half'. Don't forget pills can vary hugely in actual dosage of MDMA. Half of one pill could be enough for anyone to roll, whereas it might 2 take of a different pill to produce the same effects. The key is to get a test kit and find your pill on PillReports to then find out how much MDMA is in it. You want to be dosing between 100-150mg for optimal effects and minimal side-effects.

The answer is number 3.

You should space out doing MDMA at least 30days between doses, u spaced them 24hrs, no chance for your brain to recover so you just kept adding neurotoxicity and putting off the comedown, to produce an even worse comedown. You dont need to throw away the rest of your pills, you just need to learn this lesson. MDMA is serious stuff, your brain basically releases 80-100% of your stored serotonin in one nights use and it wont recover fully until at least 30days. Treat it with respect and use once every month or so and you shouldnt have another episode like this.

The answer is number 3.

You should space out doing MDMA at least 30days between doses, u spaced them 24hrs, no chance for your brain to recover so you just kept adding neurotoxicity and putting off the comedown, to produce an even worse comedown. You dont need to throw away the rest of your pills, you just need to learn this lesson. MDMA is serious stuff, your brain basically releases 80-100% of your stored serotonin in one nights use and it wont recover fully until at least 30days. Treat it with respect and use once every month or so and you shouldnt have another episode like this.

Yeah your right, I got way too comfortable not thinking anything would happen but of course I was wrong.

I'm getting a little better, it's been a little over a week now, I don't have persistent headaches like I did but it comes and goes, it kind of feels like having a sharp object stabbing in my head and has mild pressure feeling. I can't even smoke a joint either, if I do it literally feels like my head is going to explode (it's scary feeling). Im not even going to smoke anymore weed until I feel 100% I'm still shocked of the fact that I didn't even eat a whole pill at once. I guess it doesn't matter lol. And no, Tylenol extra strength doesn't work for the headaches that I'm feeling.

If I even have the balls to touch ecstasy again I will stick to regular rule of 1 pill a month minimum or more but I was thinking only half a pill a month. I know most of you will probably say you won't feel much, if I don't feel anything after like 2 hrs then I would eat the other half. E/MDMA is one of the best highs I've ever experienced in my life but the side effects are too fucking harsh. It was horrid, I still wonder if I'll ever feel better. I guess time will tell.

Plus it's pretty hard to get testing kit where i live, I guess if I'm serious about doing it again I'm going have to order it.

MDMA increases your heart rate and blood pressure, and marijuana increases sensitivity to some sensations, so it is 100% possible that after several days of doing e and then smoking weed, not only was your heart pumping faster/stronger, but you felt it a lot stronger. If you were dehydrated as well, your heart would be pumping even harder to compensate for the lower blood volume and get more oxygenated blood to your tissues faster.

I very much appreciate your honesty here, and your awareness of some potential "mistakes" you had made! That's great that you're trying to be aware of what's happened, and are taking steps to avoid it happening again- it seems basic but it shows an amount of maturity and self-awareness that many ecstasy users lack. It sounds like you know what could have gone wrong. My only advice is to, of course, get a test kit. They can be expensive to order online and it SUCKS to pay that kind of cashola (depending on where you are financially, I know it was always a kick in the ass for me to pay for them when I started buying them), but it's completely worth it both to keep yourself safe and to give you peace of mind when rolling. Keep the ones you bought already, and test them, then you can find out if it's worth it to keep them! I would purchase the Mandolin test to test for PMA since that can affect body temperature and blood pressure, as you described, but also (I know, I know, the $$...you seem to really care about your own safety, though, and in this case I know you'd know it's worth it!) the Marquis to test for a huge pile of common MDMA adulterants.

I also have to say that is awesome that you went to the hospital- if you are EVER in doubt and it's possible, go there. After accidentally ingesting PMA thinking it was MDMA, many people go from healthy and happy to having incredibly elevated body temperatures and resulting seizures, so if you feel something is wrong, don't hesitate to get yourself to a medical environment that can prevent or treat anything that goes wrong :) Better safe than sorry, ALWAYS!