• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Overdosing on Tramadol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clouder

Greenlighter
Hello, I took about 4-6 50mg Tramadols in the span of five hours (coming off of opiates) and now I'm scared I'm overdosing, I have been having a lingering dirty high since my last dose which was about 4 hours ago, I'm shaking and saw an article that a tramadol overdose happens in 24 hours?! Very scared, going to hospital not a choice, should I throw up?

do you recognize the signs for a seizure?

what you took used to be a normal dose for me, but that doesn't mean you are okay.

Why is hospital not an option?

I can't be labeled a druggy, I just can't
My body's numb and I'm jittery, tried throwing up may of made things worse, will pot help? I SERIOUSLY need some advice

If you have taken too many pills or are worried that you overdosed go to a hospital. You will not get into any sort of legal trouble for seeking medical attention.

It'll be on my record, doctors will think twice about prescribing me anything, this has been going on for 5 hours how long till I've survived?! Numb body, jittery and headache along with stomach ache and getting tired

Im concerned for you at this point.

If your your feeling this sick now, just go to ER. They will take care of you quickly. If you can't make it, call 911 now. It was an accident.

Last edited:
Been on methadone and hydrocodein for seven years, and tramadol for three months, if I am overdosing will I die?!

That's the thing the tramadol is prescribed but I'm on pot and other opiates and I don't wanna be blood tested, am I almost done with this?!

Ok I'm feeling a little better, sorta numb body still, wanna puke and pounding headache along with almost drifting in and out of sleep, is this almost done?

I can't edit my post btw if it seems like I'm spamming, everytime I click reason for edit it clicks delete comment, I don't have any benzos, out of lorazepam, will pot help?

I feel where your at. The pot could help, depending on where your heads at. You have a lot going on at the moment. Why are you on Tramadol?

Scoliosis and curvature of the spine, they want to fuse my spine, I'm 20

First one at 4 in the morning from withdrawing from opiates, then one at 6, 9, 11, 12,1 50 mg

Sounds like you are into the half life on the first three doses. In other words, possibly 100 mg has cleared your system.

Just so you know, the maximum dose for Tramadol in 24 hours is 400mg, or 8x50mg pills. Once you exceed this amount, the seizure threshold is lowered, putting you more at risk. Of course, that's not to say that serious complications can occur at lower doses. Scoliosis and curvature of the spine? Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that. Personally, I don't even think Tramadol works well enough to take the pain down a notch. May I suggest you talk to your doctor about switching the Tramadol with perhaps, a low dose of Percocet?

The symptoms you are describing remind me of serotonin syndrome; this can occur especially when you take Tramadol along with any SSRIs or other medicine producing large amounts of serotonin in the brain. Are those all of the medicines that you're on currently?

Seriously, seek medical attention when you can during a situation like this. It's better to just go straight to the hospital than to sit on here waiting for a response. We are not medical professionals, and we can't figure out exactly what's wrong with you. Please be safe. Drink plenty of fluids and keep yourself hydrated; it'll make you feel more comfortable if anything. Ever since I was sitting with a friend when he collapsed during a grand mal seizure, I have a high dislike for Tramadol.

Actually I'm on Prozac, guafencine, and bupropion 150mg XL
I can go to the doctors tomorrow, but I'd it's serotonin syndrome how long till this goes away?

Status
Not open for further replies.