• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Overdosing on Alprazolam

This is a true story but the names have been altered while times and dates unaltered.

Last Wednesday, a friend of mine (Robert) recieved about 8g of alprazolam after paying for 100g, but thats another story. He needed to test it and Edward (5'10", 280lb), who is a die hard benzo user, was a willing participant. I instructed him that one dose of alprazolam powder is 2mg (quad bar), and that we don't have the scale to measure that amount. I said the best thing to do is give him a grain at a time, up to 3. Well, Robert has a scale that will measure 0.1g's so he measured that amount thinking that it was a total of 5 Xanax 2mg pills.

Well, later that day (20 min. later) i recieved a phone call about how fucked he was. They thought it was the funniest thing ever. I asked how much they gave him and was told only 1/10th of a gram not realizing they gave him 50 quads.

Upon realizing what they had done, I instructed that they need to watch him closely because we are all parties that contributed if something goes wrong. Don't let him drive, shower, bathe, drink alcohol, snort cocaine, nothing. That struck a nerve with everybody, but it gets worse.

(45mins later) I recieve a phone call that he is throwing up all over himself and inside Roberts car. Now this is good news to me, because powder alprazolam comes in a crystalized form. Anyone familiar enough with the drug knows that in the process oof making pills, while mixing with fillers, you run it through a (sieve) 250 micron screen to allow it to mix evenly as well as allowing for quicker absorbtion. With that step being skipped, he probably was able to get some out.

(1:45 min into it) He starts nodding out. He wants to go to sleep. I tell everyone they have to options, A. force him to stay awake or B. somebody will stand guard and make sure he doesn't choke on throw up or spit (Major cause of death from benzo only OD). They opt for option A.

(5hrs into) Edward seems to start coming around and Robert thinks it's fine to take him out to run errands. After running some errands, Robert decides they should get their hair cut. Edward get's his and seems to be doing well, fully coherent. When Robert gets his, Edward just wants to listen to the radio and lie down in the car. Robert sees nothing wrong with this.

(7hrs. into, and 5min. after Edward goes to car) I recieve a phone call. "That mother fucker drove off (Major cause of death w/benzos) in my car (2006 Cadillac w/20" wheels and customs). Come pick me up, NOW, PLEASE!" I go to pick him up, and we have an idea where he went. We take the route he would have taken, because I was 100000000000% sure he would crash. While going down the street we notice an unusual amount of construction signs litter the road. He must have gone that way. As we pull into the neighborhood, we see a bunch of cop cars and a Robert's cadillac had plowed through a SOLID brick mailbox (not the usual hollow ones). The front was propped on the mailbox stump, and the front tires couldn't reach the ground. Edward was arrested for DUI.

I convince Robert it's not entirely his fault, so after many hours of arguing I convince him that he should bond him out and only hold him accountable for 50% of the repair. We gave Edwards mother the money, and she let him sit there for a couple days. When I talked to him Tuesday, he swears he has no recollection of the events, apologizes, and agrees to pay 50%.

Just think though, it could have been a family in another vehicle in an intersection. I consider us fortunate.

Not trying to be a ass or anything, but this doesn't seem that beliveable to me, 20 hits of good acid and 500mg of xanax and shes only weighs 120 pounds, I've seen people black out from 3-5mg of xanax before who were close to 200 pounds, I also seen people black out from taking upwards of 10+ hits of good LSD. If it is true, the 20mg valium she was taking each day wouldn't even touch her and when she stops she is going to be in absolute hell, like the guy in the youtube video.

That's xanax for you, will robinson. Only reason why I got a DUI too. Luckily I didn't hit anyone, but I did catch up to a undercover cop that passed me going 90 mph. And I didn't have shoes. That stuff makes you do very stupid stuff.

That much alprazolam and lsd sounds like bullshit. Both those amounts of drugs could cause serious problems for a person even with a decent tollerance. I think your amounts are way off, or somebody is totaly lyeing.

Ok, first of all, what's the deal with this "pure alprazolam powder"? I've seen this on here a few times and it just seems strange. I guess there are clandestine labs producing illicit, pure alprazolam?

Anyway, when I first read this, I thought it was total bullshit and this was a lie or the girl was dead. After doing a little research, it would SEEM that a person could hypothetically survive a dose of that magnitude. However, one would be extremely lucky to survive without going into coma, inducing seizure, or suffering brain damage from severe respiratory depression. Also, at such a high dose, any other depressants ingested would almost certainly spell doom. Even the single beer consumed in this report could potentially put you over the edge.

I would say, IFF this report is true, this girl is very very lucky to be alive and would be well advised to never do something like this again.

More likely what happened is that the amounts in this story are inaccurate, which could quite easily be the case, seeing as that this 'pure alprazolam powder' could have been anything. It could have been 1% pure, it could have been sugar, no one knows. Much different than if she had consumed say, 1000 peaches lol

Also, in the event this story is true, I believe the stimulating effects of the LSD could actually have helped her situation, helping to keep her from sleeping. LSD is powerful stuff.

andyman1109 said:
Ok, first of all, what's the deal with this "pure alprazolam powder"? I've seen this on here a few times and it just seems strange. I guess there are clandestine labs producing illicit, pure alprazolam?

Actually, there the same labs that make the chemical for a lot of the generics worldwide. They are GMP, and ISO 9001 certified. They will provide the certificate of analysis for the batch. The catch is, most won't export without an import permit. So, if you were interested in aquiring this chemical, you would have to find a work around...

andyman1109 said:
More likely what happened is that the amounts in this story are inaccurate, which could quite easily be the case, seeing as that this 'pure alprazolam powder' could have been anything. It could have been 1% pure, it could have been sugar, no one knows. Much different than if she had consumed say, 1000 peaches lol?

I'm would say if the amounts were inaccurate, the person who sold it to her dilluted it. In fact, if there was even a hint of sweetness in the flavor, it's not alprazolam. Alprazolam USP27 is very bitter tasting, sort of like an extra strength tylenol powdered. Most medical grade powder is 98%+, but never pure.

slackboxed said:
Recently, SWIM ate about 200mgs of (pure powdered) alprazolam one night, drank with it, and then four days later she ate about 20 gel tab hits of lsd and while she was tripping she ate around 500mgs

700 mgs Xanax
20 hits LSD
in 4 days...

175 mg xanax
5 tabs of acid
every day...

that's almost 3 months worth of perscription xanax every day.

Holly fucking shit... You might as well just not do that again, cause you won't remember shit ;)

williamrobinson57 said:
Actually, there the same labs that make the chemical for a lot of the generics worldwide. They are GMP, and ISO 9001 certified. They will provide the certificate of analysis for the batch. The catch is, most won't export without an import permit. So, if you were interested in aquiring this chemical, you would have to find a work around...

I'm would say if the amounts were inaccurate, the person who sold it to her dilluted it. In fact, if there was even a hint of sweetness in the flavor, it's not alprazolam. Alprazolam USP27 is very bitter tasting, sort of like an extra strength tylenol powdered. Most medical grade powder is 98%+, but never pure.

Well ok, so that's like an offiical pharm lab. I meant that I thought it was getting on the street by other means of production, not just diverted from the legal market. Also, "sugar" was just an example. I'm sure if it was sugar there would have been no question that it wasn't alprz. I'm just saying, to someone who's inexperienced with alprazolam powder (which I would say is most people), they probably would not be able to discern between pure powder, a cut product, or a product with no alprazolam, given that all three have a similar texture and taste.

ok even myself with a massive gorrila ape benzo on my shoulders could not take that much fucking xanax and "drink a beer" the first time i ever induldged in xanax i knew nothing of the drug really, and had a bag of 100 blue 1 mg footballs. i proceeded to eat/snort a total of 25 of them (after counting several days later).
apperently i walked up to a cop, and tried to convince him how sober i was cause my parents jsut didnt believe me and coudl he please go reassure them.
omg lmao.
apperently i was out of my fucking mind kept falling over and hitting my head on things and tey basicaly didnt understand a WORD i said, and i ended up waking up in jail for a few breif moments....i rememebr a bunch of police all around me prying at me trying to get out of me what i had taken becasue they jsut didnt believe me that my anxiety medication could do this to me. they asked if i was robo frying and i remember laughing my ass off. i also remember dropping the piss cup in the toilet and just picking it back up out of there and giving it back to them.
but all they found in me was alas, xanax. xanax, for which i had a prescription for so the next morning when i REALLY woke up, the judge said get the fuck out of my court and told the cops to quit arresting people for obtaining their own prescriptions.
anyways my point is, 25 mg did my ass IN.
my highest dose EVER (and im one of those write it in blood benzo FUCKING addicts coming nearly a decade) was 30 valium tens (300 mg) plus 40 klonopin 1s. i remember feeling very clear and strange that i was so coherent. but the nexxt thing i knew i awoke in a hospital 2 days later, and this was WITH a massive tolerance.

i know a half a gram of alp wont kill a person. but you certainly wont be abel to "walk around and drink a beer" and that beer most likely WILL kill you
peace

Have similar worry (but on WAY smaller scale) EVERY month with my best friend...

I'm new here guys (and gals) and have just been bouncing around trying to determine which forum I should even post in - but this thread hit home...

My best friend crashes cold-turkey EVERY month and here lately it's getting worse...her DOC (not sure of all the lingo used here yet - drug(s) of choice) are 10mg Lortab and Xannies - but added to the mix is Elavil, Soma, Cymbalta and any OTC's that she can find. After reading tons of threads here I know she doesn't use nearly the amounts that some folks do...but she has some serious psychological problems - very manic alot of the time and I've tried to stress to her the importance of not getting herself into the position of eating everything she has and then crashing like she does...but to no avail. She has always leaned on me to "supplement" her til her refill dates - ) with all my hubby's med probs it's pretty much a pharmeceutical cornucopia around here if ya know what I mean8( )...- but UNFORTUNATELY because of her mental state she is having HUGE financial probs and even when her refill dates roll around she never has the $$$ for them (finances have gotten so out of hand that now liens have been attached to her bank account) and so here I am - stuck in a bad spot - seems constantly now. I'm waaaaaay too soft-hearted a person and will always try and help somebody out - especially such a close friend - but damn it gets old when every time you pick up the phone you KNOW the only reason for the call is because it's PANIC TIME - AGAIN - but the moral of this story is that her psychosis (sp?) is to the point now that... say she has 200 of each pharm on the 1st of the month - - - well by the 5th or 6th it's gonna all be gone and I am just expecting anyday to walk into her house and find her on the floor in a coma - or WORSE. When she gets like this she totally withdraws and won't answer the phone so of course I'm gonna go check on her.I've tried the tough-love thing with her - it ain't workin'!!! She just keeps doing it. (plz don't get the idea that I'm a prude - I have a DOC too but manage to keep it together and care for a terminally ill spouse AND a 6-yr-old granddaughter who we have had custody of for the past 2 years now).

Guess I'm just venting - wish I could figure out a way to get her to understand how unnecessary it is to put herself thru this HELL every few weeks! Any suggestions???

Thanks.

I don't think you're really well aware of what she's doing. If she was taking 200 10/500's over 6 days, she'd be dead. That'd be 16.6 grams of APAP per day. Even if they were 350mg APAP, that'd be 11g per day and she'd be dead.

The Alprazolam isn't a big deal, but eventually she'll be physically dependent on them and she'll have serious problems when she runs out.

holy shit... 500mg??? I have never heard of anyone taking that much...

isnt a bar 2mg? so that would be 250 bars? wtf?

200 mg of xanax :/
that should be able to kill anybody, that's not only a huge dose, it's completely unreal, I don't know why anyone would take fucking 200 mg of alprazolam.
in probability, she will die unless she gets emergency treatment right now, seems to be too late.