• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Overdoses or Blackouts?

MoreFeens4Morphine

Bluelighter
I just recently responded to a thread that got me thinking. Over the past few years there have been times when I have blacked out or passed out from opioids(very high doses of tapentadol (sp?), morphine, heroin and u-47700 specifically). For example, I remember the second or third time I did U-47700 while it was still easily available and shortly after dosing I either blacked out or overdosed and woke up on my knees with my pants hanging below my ass like I was getting fucked doggy style. As embarrassing and fucked up a situation that is to share with others, it got me wondering if I'm simply blacking out or am having small overdoses that my body was able to handle naturally and wake up from later? I've decided to stop doing heroin because I'm just too stupid of a drug user that always pushes the envelope. In the past month I've had ambulances at my house at least 5 times and I always wake up very quickly but I get the same description that I was unresponsive or not breathing, purple fingers etc. I partially think it's worsened by severe asthma that has never been controlled even with Xolair injections monthly, Breo and LOTS of albuterol taken via nebulizer.

Is there anyway to distinguish between these episodes as having been the result of simply taking too much and overdosing, or just blacking out and not remembering falling asleep or what I was doing before I regain consciousness?

Of course I know this is all speculation, but when I get high I have weird thoughts about other times I've gotten high. I value this community's insight and thanks for any and all input!

Technically, anytime unwanted side effects are caused by taking too large of a dose that is an overdose. With that being said, opiates don't generally cause blackouts like benzo's do. And I don't see how you could possibly mistake losing consciousness from ODing on heroin for a black out a la xanax.

Maybe you could mistake the two if you are already lying in bed nodding out before it happens, but if you are picking yourself up off the floor then you have overdosed. Everytime I ODed on heroin, for one the last thing I remembered would be standing up feeling just fine, and it was like the flipping of a switch, not a fade into memory loss, and maybe more importantly when I woke up I would have a pounding headache and my back and joints would hurt.