• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Overdose on MDMA??? PLEASE HELP ME OUT

starry_eyed

Greenlighter
So I was at starscape on saturday/sunday (june9-10) and I am pretty sure I accidently took around 1 gram of mdma crystals and .2 of mdma powder. Yeah, it sounds really silly that i "accidently" took that much, but I think I may have grabbed the wrong bags and it was dark by the time I did some of it. I started having a panic attack, shaking, sweating, had the chills and got goosebumps. Thank god I had a good guy there to take me to the woods and take care of me. Can someone please help me and let me know what happened? I was ingesting enough water, but not too much. It is now thursday morning and I am still not feeling myself, still getting hot flashes and headaches. I haven't been able to sleep well at all and have been super paranoid about this whole ordeal.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT :(

Sorry to hear your situation. I am no doctor but i would say that the worst of it is over. If you have made it this far i couldnt imagine you getting worse at this point. If at anytime your feeling really sick or something Go to the ER!! are your symptoms getting better or worse? Are you experiencing the comedown? (of A LOT of mdma) As long as your symptoms are getting better I think you'll be ok. Keep us updated!

O no, first off, you've been through the worst of it, and from here on out it will only get better. The most important thing for you right now it to relax and not to worry yourself. There are a couple things that could have happened to you. MDMA toxicity seems the most obvious. I went through a reaction very similar to this however mine was serotonin syndrome. If you only took MDMA I'm going to say the chances of that aren't so good. Where there any other drugs in the mix? I only ask because you symptoms sound vaguely similar to mine. I say vaguely because there isn't too much to gone on. If you could share a little more of them maybe we can ween out other possibilities and understand definitively what happened to you.

MDMA is neurotoxic, it kills serotonin axons in huge numbers. For some people, the effects seem more profound than for others. What you need to do now is allow those serotonin axons to regrow. It won't be quick and it won't be the easiest thing ever, but it will happen. In order for this to happen you should not take serotonergic drugs for awhile. You should also do whatever is possible to re-sprout your axons and aid the process of neurogensis (the reconstruction of brain cells and neurotransmitters). Exercise is the BEST possible thing you can do. It releases a growth hormone that not only builds your muscle, but brain tissue as well. A good diet should be picked up also. All this will allow you to heal faster.

Melotonin will help your sleep problems. Serotonin is a precursor to melotonin, which is the neurotransmitter that helps you sleep. With little serotonin your brain makes little melotonin and the result is lack of sleep. There are no other supplements you should take honestly, not yet. Aside from fish oil if you really feel the need. There are more things I can tell you but I'm still not certain of the nature of your reaction. Please provide a bit more of a detailed account of your experience and what you are currently going through and I will try to let you know what I can.

So I was at starscape on saturday/sunday (june9-10) and I am pretty sure I accidently took around 1 gram of mdma crystals and .2 of mdma powder. Yeah, it sounds really silly that i "accidently" took that much, but I think I may have grabbed the wrong bags and it was dark by the time I did some of it. I started having a panic attack, shaking, sweating, had the chills and got goosebumps. Thank god I had a good guy there to take me to the woods and take care of me. Can someone please help me and let me know what happened? I was ingesting enough water, but not too much. It is now thursday morning and I am still not feeling myself, still getting hot flashes and headaches. I haven't been able to sleep well at all and have been super paranoid about this whole ordeal.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT :(

It's kinda too late to help you now... the damage is done, you can minimize the harm by eating healthy and exercising but you're pretty much just going to have to tough it out :\

I have no idea how you "accidently" take 8 times a normal dose though...

Thanks so much for the quick replies, so we got to starscape around 4 pm on saturday. Took around .5 since it was going to go on until 6 am the next day. I had a beer and a gatorade with me. 9 or 10 rolls around so it was dark. We were in the middle of a huge crowd so I grabbed what I thought was one of the bags I was going to get rid of (.1) and just swallowed it all at once to avoid losing people I was with. Come to find out it was another bag of .5 and at that point I couldn't really take back what I had taken. I then bought another beer. i had this beer for about an hour or so since i was drinking gatorade too. About halfway through this beer was when everything took a turn for the worst. The panic attacks, chills, shaking, hot flashes, sweating all lasted until around 2 am. Stared feeling a bit better so we left the woods where it was MUCH cooler so we could go walk around and go by the beach and see all the DJs we wanted to. Stupidly, I took .2 of the powder thinking I was only having a panic attack from earlier. 5 Am rolls around and I just started feeling the hotflashes and shakiness again so we went to the beach and I just chain smoked to stay calm which surprisingly worked a little.

I've never ever taken that much in my life and have never had any desire to do so. It was a total accident.

I am still shaky a few times through the day, having the hotflashes, getting that uncomfortable pain in the neck and head from a bad come down. Luckily, I already have melatonin and 5htp in my medicine cabinet and have been taking it. Unfortunantly, the melatonin isn't being much help. The lucid dreams I've been having make it super difficult to stay asleep. I am well aware of having to deal with the comedowns after a crazy night of raging, but since I have never experienced any sort of toxic levels, I've never felt this sort of come down or anything...which is making my anxiety/paranoia even worse

THANKS again guys

Okay, no more 5-HTP, I repeat, NO MORE 5-HTP. Luckily though, we can drop Serotonin Syndrome, you didn't get it, at least I don't think you did, otherwise you'd be having horrible reactions to the 5-HTP. BUT NO MORE OF IT, I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, PLEASE LISTEN. THROW THE BOTTLE AWAY IF YOU NEED TO. That's how I got serotonin syndrome :X, and it wasn't till a couple days after I rolled that it happened. I did continue to take the 5-HTP for a few days and one of these days I decided to smoke a nice bong and bam... it's now nearly six months later and I still can't take one hit without getting all the symptoms you describe in your "MDMA overdose" and more. I'll probably never do ecstasy again. This is why you need to stop the 5-HTP. It is not helping you recover any faster and I wouldn't wish what happened to be upon my worst enemy. A little bit of it right after you roll may help some, debateably, but stop taking it, NOW.

So now what you are most likely experiencing is down-regulation of 5-ht serotonin due to the dose of MDMA you took, on top of the complete destruction serotonin axons, which is by the way the neurological reason why you should be adding synthesized serotonin (5-HTP) into your brain. Its pathways are a little shaken up right now and they CANNOT be tampered with. They need to heal on their own.

Down-regulation is somewhat normal and your anxiety and paranoria would be very noticeable due to this. Relax, trust me, your going to be okay. You need to re-wire a bite, but don't let that term scare you, you will be absolutely fine. Do whatever you need to do to help yourself calm down, I know how hard it is not to but there is no need to worry anymore, it will only make this bad time last longer.

You may not believe me when I say working out helps. I assure you, you will feel better (not completely but relative to where you are now) in three days. It'll help you sleep, it'll calm you down and most importantly it'll sprout axons in your brain that begin to replace the ones that have been damaged.

I'm going to direct you here---> http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/607040-Serotonin-Syndrome-aftermath There is a lot of information of recovering from neurotoxic damage in that thread Luckily, being that it is likely that you did not get SS (keep a look out for its symptoms though, it is a possibility) you might not have to follow all the guidelines laid out and some of what is discussed may not apply to you. However, MDMA toxicity and SS are very similar in their recovery. The damage that occurs is pretty much the same, it just a matter of how it happened, the severity of it, and the time it will take to recover. I truly wish you the best of luck. I know you'll be fine, just keep a strong head. Feel free the PM me if you ever need.

Last edited:
Best thing you can do when you fuck up like this, is drink green tea (decaff maybe) for the L-theanine (or take some L-theanine in capsule form, ive not seen it for sale in shops though) and to take Vitamin C, as both are Neuroprotective.

People are doing wayyyy too much mdma

Its way too much mdma, but likely you'll live to roll another day, especially if its been this many and your still up typing... hello? lol :D

Last edited:
@gooballs ---> thanks for the kick advice, it seriously has calmed me down, well as calm as I can be at this point. I only took the 5htp with the melatonin sunday night since I was desperate for some sleep. I'm more just scared now of having some random kidney failure or not coming out of this "funk" of a comedown.

Probably sound crazy for asking, but if I am going to camp bisco in July, would taking a small dose on just one of the days completely screw me over again?

haha I'm glad I will live to roll another day, granted after September I won't be rolling or anything until Tomorrowland 2013 so it will give me some serious time to recoop >.<

As much as i appreciate seeing "coop", as i have both a chicken coop, and a friend who went by dj coop before he started playing in clubs... anyhow lol

You recoup your losses
You recuperate from exertion or illness
You get cooped up staying indoors
Chickens roost and nest in a chicken coop

I suppose you could re-coop a chicken pen

;)

Last edited:
Hmmm could be a number of things, might not even be MDMA. My suggestion though, next time that happens, you might want to consider getting to a hospital asap because the symptoms you had are very similar to those of PMMA. With PMMA, in general, you have about 30, maybe 40 minutes to get to a hospital (and it has to be treated in a hospital by professionals). A lot of people have died from PMMA this year particularly, please be careful. <3

^ That is a possibility even if your symptoms sound typical to taking too much MDMA. Unfortunately Flailing is right PMMA or PMA can be the culprit here too. At this point, you'll never know. TEST YOUR SHIT! I do think if what you took was PMMA/PMA, and you took as much as you did, you'd be a lot worse off than you are now. I can't even say for sure if I'd think you'd be alive or not... actually I can, that much really should have killed you.. that's why I think were dealing with MDMA here but who knows? It's possible it were just cut with a little of the stuff and that's why you were able to take so much. This a bit extraneous now anyways, just use this knowledge and protect yourself in the future.

I also can't say whether or not taking a small dose next month would severely fuck you over. I wouldn't allow myself to tell you you'd be okay just in case anything went terribly wrong. For the sake of this forum I will tell you that it is always best to wait at least a month in between rolls, and to allow three months if you want total recovery (it may very well take longer of course after an experience such as yours). That doesn't mean you can't roll but it is highly recommended, even more so in cases like these.

You're the only person that can really make that choice and only you can make the productive decisions between now and then that will influence how far you've come in recovery (Exercising and eating right). Although after a dose like this you should really wait much longer. Depending on your mental state you should at least be able to make a prediction to how your next roll will effect you, but know that your mind can easily tell you what you'd like hear. If you're still feeling a kick-back from this little mix up around the start of July, I'd say, without a doubt, don't do it. If, on the other hand, you start to feel fine, face no adverse reactions to ANYTHING else, weed, caffeine etc.... well just use your best judgement. Even if you feel okay that doesn't necessarily mean that your brain it ready to handle some of the most extreme effects on its serotonin receptors possible... once again use your judgement. Either way you will need to take the time, which will need to be several months to a year(especially if your going to roll at bisco) to recover, sooner or later. Who knows what can really happen that one time too. Not trying to scare you at all but I can definitely say that it will only add to the damage already done. You may or may not have a miserable experience but your receptors will pay a toll, just ask yourself if you think its worth it. Personally, I don't' *think* it'll be that bad.. that is my very non-expert opinion so don't listen to me, clearly, I already fucked up pretty hard in the past.

Can't fucking wait for camp btw :D , it'll be a little strange for me being mostly sober this time around but I love the biscuits so much I don't think it'll be too big a deal. Extremely jealous that your going to tomorrowland too, that place looks absolutely heavenly. Have fun!..... and be safe!

Last edited:
Hmmm could be a number of things, might not even be MDMA. My suggestion though, next time that happens, you might want to consider getting to a hospital asap because the symptoms you had are very similar to those of PMMA. With PMMA, in general, you have about 30, maybe 40 minutes to get to a hospital (and it has to be treated in a hospital by professionals). A lot of people have died from PMMA this year particularly, please be careful. <3

I don't think there is a man or woman alive that could handle a dose of PMMA that high.

MDMA toxicity would look extremely similar to PMMA though, because that's basically what PMMA is, a serotonergic neurotoxin (wait, isn't that MDMA?)

Also, don't roll for 3 months MINIMUM. That means no Bisco if you can't go and stay off ecstasy. You're supposed to wait that long anyways, and after a severe overdose like this there is no way you can justify not waiting the full length.

^Can't fucking wait for camp btw :D , it'll be a little strange for me being mostly sober this time around but I love the biscuits so much I don't think it'll be too big a deal. Extremely jealous that your going to tomorrowland too, that place looks absolutely heavenly. Have fun!..... and be safe!

^^^ Maybe I will end up meeting you without even knowing it, if I do, just know how gracious all of your advice has been. the biscuits are my bullsheit! along with a good amount of the lineup this year. Just bought my counterpoint ticket yesturday too! holy jesus, $1500 spent on festival tickets this summer :) :) :) don't be jealous about tomorrowland! i'll be $3500+ in debt after those two weeks I'm there! haha

So I tested what I still had and it IS MDMA thank you jesus! I'm starting to feel a little better after saturday/sunday. The chills/hotflashes come and go still, but that's also probably my body temperature having trouble regulating itself. Actually, yesturday I seemed to be a lot happier which is usually how I feel the day after a night of rolling, is that weird? Anyway, I think I'm a smart enough person to decide in July whether it is a good idea or not, thanks for the advice on that! :) Before last week, it didn't matter what I was doing the next day or anything, I would take MDMA if it were given to me...which wasn't all the time by any means. Since April (when I started taking MDMA again after about a 2-3 year break), I've rolled maybe 7 times? <--- chilling out on that for sure now! Just reading that I should be dead is absolutely terrifying.

dog starscape..most of the people there are all on fake ass shit, and so i'm saying, you went right, well most of the crowd at starscape are fucking morons who dont know shit about drugs...how do you know your shit was even MD to begin with?
and i went this year, and last year, i wouldn't buy anything off of most of those morons, nor would i believe most of the idiots there when they say they're rolling/have molly/whatever.

First things first, I know it's MDMA since I test my shit before I do it. Second, I bring my own shit to festivals...just like you said, I wouldn't by anything from the random dumbasses at those kinda places.

I'm not saying this to scare you but just wanted to make you aware it is a risky drug and with me I had an overdose to a combo of ecstacy and amphetamines and it caused me to burn up severely with hyperthermia and pass out under the cold shower waiting for the paramedics. I woke up in hospital where they put me in an ice bath but it was already too late as the extreme heat damaged my brain and Autonomic Nervous System and left me disabled with a condition known as Dysautonomia. For the past 12 years I have been constantly overheating with fevers and i can't go out into the sun or warm places without wearing a cooling vest. I spend most of my time indoors in front of a cooling system and the damaged Autonomic nervous System also comes with a list of symptoms where all your bodies automatic functions are tottaly fucked.

I have problems with digestion, heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, I can no longer sweat, problems with sexual function. As soon as I move or stand up the postural changes induce severe tachycardia and ocassionally fainting. The condition has also left me with severe hypersensitivity to all substances that stimulate or depress The autonomic Nervous System so I can no longer take stimulants, sedatives, alcohol, depressant, opiates without experiencing severe adverse reactions and disruptions to my vitals. My overdose totally ruined my life. If I could go back I would have used it in lower doses and a lot less frequently like a few times a year because now I tottaly fried my brain and I will never have the chance to enjoy ecstacy again, unless I want to suicide.

/\ Thank you for posting that. I can't imagine what type of feeling you must get in your stomach when you read a thread like this then see the OP come back and actually question whether they'll be able to use E again.

Because I didn't even go through the hell you went through, and its making me sick. I didn't have a "reaction", I took my dose, and have been going through the most awful, blackest, most hollow depression you can imagine today. I'm getting rid of my MDMA and do not want to look at the shit again.

I don't understand how attached a person can get to a drug to go through an experience like the OP did, then to actually consider using this garbage again.
Why because its fun? You want to have a good time at a festival? Then smoke pot and drink.

You took 8 times your normal dose, claimed to have fucked yourself up badly (apparently not badly enough) and are already entertaining your next use.

I'm not saying this to insult the OP but some people really need to smarten up and have more respect for this drug. I'm not tooting my own horn here but I'm just truely baffled.

Mad props to the guy above me for posting his story and if thats not enough to sway the OP, its obvious they will have to learn the hard way, once again, and this time they might not get so lucky.

-Bo

^ I'm sorry to hear that you went through that man, but everyone reacts differently. Some people have horrible comedowns after a bit of MDMA, some people somehow seemingly get away with a lot of abuse. Of course I'm not advocating that, it's just to get my point across. After allowing recovery to happen, and then pursuing SAFE practices of usage, most(MOST!) people will be able to to roll again. Moderation, time, even testing is essential.

I understand while going through your own personal hell, it's hard to fathom the thought of ever rolling again, and wanting to warn all you can about the dangers of molly. I'm not saying you're wrong for thinking and doing so either, out of anyone you have the right... I too am going through the "dark ages" of my life, and MDMA had a large something to do with that, so once again I'll say to the OP, be very careful, because you don't want to end up like that.

On a side note, if you took only a small dose of MDMA and those are you're symptoms, I'd question whether you took MDMA at all. To have such a horrible view of MDMA makes me feel as if you took something else, possibly PMA/PMMA or something of the pipes class: BZP, TFMPP etc.... I'm sorry if I'm completely off here, I don't know a thing about your situation. I'm only bringing it up because when I read what people have to say who have had a bad experience with that stuff, they say similar things to you. I hope you feel better soon no matter what you took. Which, by the way, you will. Give it time friend.