• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Relapse Overdose in a opioid relapse?

Nicocastillo7

Bluelighter
How true are the chances of an overdose in a relapse of opiates? I have been free of opiates for 10 days and my cravings are very big, I am lying if I say that I will not relapse at some point, but is it true that the risk of overdosing is higher when someone stopped for a while? or just using less would you get stronger effects? my idea is not to really relapse, but I need to stay safe

Yeah of course it's true, it's because people overestimate their tolerance. After you take a break your tolerance goes down. It's probably easier to OD on heroin than pills but I'm sure it's possible. What opiate are we talking about? If you do use again start with less.

Almost everyone I know that has died after a break and/or relapse... The closest I’ve ever gotten to an OD was a week clean and relapsed.

-GC

Totally true, you’re playing with fire and I forgot the percentage but that’s how most ODs happen especially if your going try the same dose you did before. Brave through this you got this. My cravings are horrible right now but it’s so much better not being a slave
How true are the chances of an overdose in a relapse of opiates? I have been free of opiates for 10 days and my cravings are very big, I am lying if I say that I will not relapse at some point, but is it true that the risk of overdosing is higher when someone stopped for a while? or just using less would you get stronger effects? my idea is not to really relapse, but I need to stay safe

I used tramadol in a dose of 750mg per day and left it in cold turkey, I also took oxy some times a week along with tramadol, this several months ago, but I used tramadol years ago, this is the 11th day without opiates, I think I am going through PAWS a lot of anxiety and depression, and I have many cravings, I thought that maybe I would not have an overdose since it is not heroin

Tbh you can overdose on any type of opiate. I’m not a doctor and as you seen from my post before I barley took over 7.5 mg when I did take it. So I’m probably not the best one to deal with on the subject but I was wanting to reach out while I could and tell you to be safe with what your doing. You’re setting yourself up for failure by telling yourself that your going to relapse brother. You can do this! You will get through this. I know I’m not you nor do I feel like you may feel but if you’ve went this far why turn around?
I used tramadol in a dose of 750mg per day and left it in cold turkey, I also took oxy some times a week along with tramadol, this several months ago, but I used tramadol years ago, this is the 11th day without opiates, I think I am going through PAWS a lot of anxiety and depression, and I have many cravings, I thought that maybe I would not have an overdose since it is not heroin

Tbh you can overdose on any type of opiate. I’m not a doctor and as you seen from my post before I barley took over 7.5 mg when I did take it. So I’m probably not the best one to deal with on the subject but I was wanting to reach out while I could and tell you to be safe with what your doing. You’re setting yourself up for failure by telling yourself that your going to relapse brother. You can do this! You will get through this. I know I’m not you nor do I feel like you may feel but if you’ve went this far why turn around?

Thanks bro, I really feel a lot of guilt at the moment, I have not relapsed, but I have cravings, today I took 750mg of pregabalin and I am fine, even so I am locked in my house and I miss being comfortable without anything happening, a friend is coming to see me and he is going to bring me some ketamine, it is being difficult, but I have to stay away from opiates

If I relapse, would I experience severe physical withdrawal the next day if I don't do it again? I don't want to take it compulsively

No but you will keep reinforcing the mental compulsion to do so. This is something you unfortunately will struggle with the rest of your life.
If I relapse, would I experience severe physical withdrawal the next day if I don't do it again? I don't want to take it compulsively

Trust me I just took a 1.5 gram dose of kratom all I feel is spaced out. No fucking buzz nothing. But i gotta do this for my self. I gotta do this for my family I gotta do this to show I’m stronger then a pill.

Trust me I just took a 1.5 gram dose of kratom all I feel is spaced out. No fucking buzz nothing. But i gotta do this for my self. I gotta do this for my family I gotta do this to show I’m stronger then a pill.
Thanks man, I think I will stay where I am, my body hurts a lot, I will take naproxen I do not want to go for tramadol, 11 days clean is my record, tomorrow is my 21st birthday, it will be 12 days, I know we can do it, this place is Helps let go of everything I'm feeling

Happy early birthday brother! 21 such a milestone and sadly many people in our walk of life never sees it through I’m 28 and it’s a blessing. It’s going to get rough but each day you say no each time, makes it easier and easier. Right now me and you are both looking for that excuse to try it again. But WE can’t give into that. Vent your frustration. He’ll take it out on me. If it gives you one more day sober then I’d consider it an honor. You’re young. I’m young I’m only 28. But as I’ve seen this road lead no where it leads to rehabs, robberies, prison (if your lucky) or death. And you deserve so much more then that. I’m not one to get spiritual but what really helps me is watching addicts testimonies for God. You can hate me for saying that if you’d like. But He loves you and He is directing me to tell you that you are cared for even if you don’t feel it in your circumstances right now. You will learn so much about the power you possess by telling yourself no. And everyone here is here to help you!
Thanks man, I think I will stay where I am, my body hurts a lot, I will take naproxen I do not want to go for tramadol, 11 days clean is my record, tomorrow is my 21st birthday, it will be 12 days, I know we can do it, this place is Helps let go of everything I'm feeling

if you have had a long term opioid habit then yes, you will get sick again from just one use. the opioid receptors take a long time to go back to their normal state.

i went nearly 18 months without heroin (my opiate of choice), used and still got slightly sick.

also, the physical side isn't even half of it, you need ot address the mental issues that are causing you to use in the first place. the drugs are doing somehting for you and you need to find out what that is and how to address that need in a healthier way.

This! This! This!
if you have had a long term opioid habit then yes, you will get sick again from just one use. the opioid receptors take a long time to go back to their normal state.

i went nearly 18 months without heroin (my opiate of choice), used and still got slightly sick.

also, the physical side isn't even half of it, you need ot address the mental issues that are causing you to use in the first place. the drugs are doing somehting for you and you need to find out what that is and how to address that need in a healthier way.

Happy early birthday brother! 21 such a milestone and sadly many people in our walk of life never sees it through I’m 28 and it’s a blessing. It’s going to get rough but each day you say no each time, makes it easier and easier. Right now me and you are both looking for that excuse to try it again. But WE can’t give into that. Vent your frustration. He’ll take it out on me. If it gives you one more day sober then I’d consider it an honor. You’re young. I’m young I’m only 28. But as I’ve seen this road lead no where it leads to rehabs, robberies, prison (if your lucky) or death. And you deserve so much more then that. I’m not one to get spiritual but what really helps me is watching addicts testimonies for God. You can hate me for saying that if you’d like. But He loves you and He is directing me to tell you that you are cared for even if you don’t feel it in your circumstances right now. You will learn so much about the power you possess by telling yourself no. And everyone here is here to help you!
I'm crying right now, I really didn't know I needed to read that, I was talking to my father about it, thank you from the bottom of my heart, I feel like there's a hope, I don't know where to find it, but I know it's there waiting for me to find it
My mother thanks you for that, I don't hate you for those words, thank you, I send you a hug

No need to thank me, I’m here to do my Fathers work and I really am not a perfect example of Him but I pray every night I can be. Regardless I, along with Bluelight will always be here for you to talk to matter of fact send me a DM when you get a chance and I can give you a few things to read to help guide you. Thank you for being alive and choosing life! Love you!
I'm crying right now, I really didn't know I needed to read that, I was talking to my father about it, thank you from the bottom of my heart, I feel like there's a hope, I don't know where to find it, but I know it's there waiting for me to find it
My mother thanks you for that, I don't hate you for those words, thank you, I send you a hug

FuneralFather has said a lot of what has been needed to say, but I’ll add a bit.

I was a full fledged heroin/cocaine/alcohol addict up until I was about 20, right around your age. I got all that shit under control and was able to turn my 20’s into the best years of my life while all my using friends went to prison, died, or wasted their life away. I can look back and be so grateful that I was able to do the things I did without that monkey of opiateaddiction on my back.

Your 21, your just getting into what could possibly be the best phase of your life.

You mention Ketamine, are you into dance/rave culture?

-GC

I felt so trapped and I feel that his words helped me a lot. It is the best stage of my life and I feel that I am wasting it, but when this ends I know that I can be more than I am now
You mention Ketamine, are you into dance/rave culture?

Yes, I love rave culture, I am even a producer and I do techno and different types of music. But I don't like ketamine at parties, I have had comforting experiences with k-holes at parties I usually take mdma or make candyflip, my problem with opiates is so far from that world, mdma and ketamine are drugs that I use in a more responsible way I think