• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Over $455,000 seized from medical marijuana patient slapped with asset forfeiture

gh0stmAn

Bluelighter
OVER $455,000 SEIZED FROM MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENT SLAPPED WITH CIVIL ASSET FORFEITURE
Cops run racket to fund their own department

In March 2013, Steve Oates’ home in Goodyear, Ariz. was stormed by police, SWAT, and DEA agents because of a marijuana grow room in the guest house.

“It was like something you see in the movies. It was 6:30 in the morning, and basically you hear ‘bang! bang! bang!’ on the door, and next thing you know you hear the crash of a battering ram,” says Oates.

Oates’ doctor had recommended medicinal marijuana for Oates’ chronic back pain, so he attained a medical marijuana card with cultivation rights. Dispensaries were still few and far between at the time, and Oates didn’t trust Craigslist for his medicine.

Read more (with video)

That's fucking nuts ... It's almost as if your govt is your enemy. His wife is totally breaking down but he's keeping it togather well.

Was he within state law but not within federal? I didn't catch that part.

Basically they just screwed him over cuz some jealous/noisey-nancy old lady called the cops on em... either way they had all the right papers to grow what they are growing.. when is AMericans gonna just realize bud is just a PLANT! like it doesn't cause addiction or anything, its just some people prefer marijuana (which is 100% safe) to alcohol (which is literally poison to your internal organs, especially if you binge drink a good amount. I've never ONCE woken up in the morning after smoking with any kind of hangover like alcohols where you puke, feel like SHIT and just wanna sit in bed (while running to bathroom if u have to puke). That sounds no fun to me, i drink alcohol myself but in social amounts and usually just drink 2 beers of Belgian beers (8% - 10.5% ABV per 11.2 oz) AT MOST, and i drink them for the taste, especially seeing as Gulden Draak, Duvel, Piraat, & etc {Some of my 3 favorite Belgian Beers!) are all RIDICULOUS expensive over here in America, but well worth the price if u can afford it.. ok i guess im done lol

Asset seizure is so back-asswards, I don't understand how the courts can allow it.

Because you're under the impression the justice system has something to do with justice.

QFT! They only care about putting people innocent or guilty behind bars and really only care about going after people with drugs or try to get DUI arrests cuz that is how the police make their money: DUI & Drug possession arrests. not to say DUI drivers are innocent but people arrested for a little bit of an illegal substance on them is ridiculous!