• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Our 4-20 Martyrs Wall

Egzoset

Bluelighter
Salutations,

Apparently, in an increasing number of locations dispersed through multiple countries there are persons who feel optimistic about some pro-cannabic future. Or maybe that's just more TrudeauMania, go figure what's the reach of cap'tain Canuck and his magic powers!...

:\

M'well, as far as i'm concerned i'll keep my optimism for a later time, meanwhile there's a face on my mind and i didn't even know who that individual was before traditional media jumped on him, only to shred his public image (read "reputation" and "credibility") in pieces. Then it was found later that there's a possibly tragic reality attached to these political "messages", eventually. Not to mention most of what the average audience saw was some 1st Nation RCMP officer wearing his red uniform proudly, smoking his legal (yet "dirty" looking!) prescription, euh...

N.B.
:

Sorry but, i mean wake up! A *SMOKED* "medical" prescription, REALLY?? When did we forget mankind has walked on the moon?!... How hard is it to fix this sort of broken thing?? Unless the bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists much prefer a socio-toxic statu-quo, so they can later argue this proved their point all along, with support from contaminated statistics, e.g. twice the vilification than the situation may seem to justify!

Hummm... I pray the providence i shall never become one of them!!

8)

Anyway, lets simply assume this man faced intolerable moral torments, minutes before he died, facing the idea that he was betrayed by his coutry while boldly/courageously demanding assistance over PTSD - after working in the police carreer for nearly 20 years! Euh...

M'well, i feel 4-20 wouldn't be such an inconvenient day to pay our respects to someone who endured the ultimate permanent prejudice because of cannabis, on planet Itnoc (In The Name Of Children).

Here is the 1st entry i wish to submit:

{ http://www.bishopsfuneralhome.com/obituaries/91986 }

vqlaxi.jpg

Cpl. Ronald Joseph Francis (1971-2014)
Kingsclear, First Nation​

Unfortunately it wasn't all too clear what's the intended signification of this specific scene but i gathered it must have been an essential part of this man's legacy considering the time-frame. In my opinion he didn't have it published only to hide it, my understanding is that it should illustrate values he wanted to express, even share i suspect, and hence i now got to wonder if that wasn't actually a "message in a bottle"... So, no. IMO it must not be hidden, on the contrary!

Nonetheless i still need to make pre-emptive apologies to anyone who might feel offended. Lets say i've admired the individual at a great distance, so i can only talk for myself, though there are times like this when it doesn't hurt to honour these exceptional contributions that went long forgotten in traditional media.

Rest in Peace! =D

socio-toxic unfortunately describes much of the legalization push now, it's too much focused on "keeping cannabis out of the hands of children" and "keeping the criminal element out of the market" (that prohibition created in the first place). throwing one of their own under the bus is a common tactic of the police organizations in this country, not just medicinal users but even those that are guilty of insubordination merely by supporting cannabis legalization. i can't even explain how upset i am that this prohibition logic is even allowed to share a stage with the dialogue about cannabis. this is a medicine, goddammit. neither police nor pundits should have any say in how we proceed with legalizing this.

Salutations ThujOne,

...it's too much focused on "keeping cannabis out of the hands of children" and "keeping the criminal element out of the market" (that prohibition created in the first place).

IMO it's mostly a 1-sided story that was initially created to serve less than noble (political) motivations indeed: MANIPULATE THE MASSES, by spreading the Victorian-age "science" of doctor John Warnock, Emily F. Murphy, and more recently Margaret Trudeau!...

i5u912.jpg

(2015-Oct-30)

N.B.: The later "bipolar" example went both ways of the fence...

8(

Personally i believe their "solutions" are the ones causing the worse permanent prejudice of all. So please allow me this simplistic parallel comparison, if i may: it's like inducing life-lasting trauma to a teenager who's parent(s) in panick decided he should not masturbate... M'well, in our case that kind of approach would seem assimilable to misguided "Tough-Love" performed in a "Fix-My-Kid" style, similar to Straight Inc./Narconon... Possibly leading to self-destructive behaviour once nobody is watching anymore, after it all went very wrong, etc., etc.

I mean, shaming a vulnerable kid (and/or his parent) over juvenile cannabic habits is NO option in my book and our Canuck constitution should even be written to prevent predatory gurus from undermining/overiding parental authority within the sacred family core which it's supposed to protect and uphold.

So much for "saving" children, too bad there are no miracle remedies!

Then there's a constant drive to continue piling up human sacrifices, trying to prove prohibition has been right all along (...), while in fact this only supports those monster's own failing ideologies, in denial of reality - or at least half of it!

They persist in their favourite stigmatization/anti-banalization strategies and forget history's teaching; briefly put, when propaganda becomes necessary despite a few "casualties" then it's time to realize this turned bad enough to be considered the fruit of criminal minds; after all i was taught that power comes with proportional responsability when i still was a lost child of planet Itnoc myself...

:|

...those faces make me want to punch my monitor...

...i can't even explain how upset i am that this prohibition logic is even allowed to share a stage with the dialogue about cannabis.

Those are words which i deeply needed to read today, thank you.

Good day, have fun!! =D

I went to a talk by one of the Uruguayan lawyers that helped write their legal cannabis law. Of course, being in North America the first question from an audience member was "what about the kids?" She looked confused and asked the translator to translate again and then answered, "What about them? Don't your kids smoke marijuana?" She then went on to explain that it was so much a part of life that it could be analogous to how European children are exposed to wine--as a traditional part of adult culture. Teens learn moderation, safety and enjoyment with their families.

I spent a lot of time before California's legalization advocating among my demographic and it was shocking to see the level of prohibitionist thinking (ie hysteria about kids) even among the most progressive. Even among lifelong stoners that had themselves started in adolescence!

Salutations Herbavore,

...a traditional part of adult culture. Teens learn moderation, safety and enjoyment with their families.

It works for alcohol and tobacco so what's justifying the special para-military treatment when it comes to the safest mind-altering substance anyone can get?

Well, José « pepe » Mujica sure was a wind of fresh air in the political world but i'd be worried about a prohibitionist return even in this country. The 2019 UN gathering on drugs is coming fast and i'll bet political pressure will increase as we get closer: IMO this present martyr list has only started!

Good day, have fun!! =D