View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Other drugs being sold as LSD

RocketBomb

Greenlighter
I live on a college campus in a small state and acid is pretty hard for me to find. Anyways, one of my friends who isn't well versed in different types of drugs, although he is smart, told me some unsettling "news". I myself have used pot, dxm, shrooms, and various prescriptions so it wasn't very alarming. He told me that odds are I'm going to find an altered version of PCP which acts similar to acid, but obviously not the same. His concerns were that it's a dissociative and makes people act funny. I just need to know if this is generally what people get or if he's messing with me or incorrect, because I don't really want to take PCP or anything like it.

I've done a tad bit more research and I believe my friend is wrong. Seems that street Acid is rarely LSD, but the compounds they are don't seem to turn anyone away.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/498199-The-Big-amp-Dandy-Research-Chemicals-on-Blotters-Thread

This thread may interest you.

As for your question regarding 'finding acid': not exactly sure if that means getting mystery blotter although it's implied, but no there aren't any dissociatives [PCP type drugs] that are at any regularity found on blotter. At best (saying this to be correct / complete), compounds like PCP, analogues of PCP and especially dizocilpine come close in potency to fit on blotter (the latter could technically) but I never heard of that.

In the thread I linked to you can see examples of psychedelics that are sometimes passed off as LSD and at other times advertised truthfully. You can test your blotters using a reagent, it's particularly smart if there are concerns about identity of compounds and the risks of taking random research chemicals but it's always a safe decision. It's not like it's fine to take random psychedelic research chemicals as long as they are not dissociative (PCP-like), that seems weird to me... That everyone absolutely should do it might be overstating it since for example in some European countries drug testing is pretty easy, and I fortunately never had that kind of issue with blotters although it took me years to find my way to a tripper/chemist/philosophical student type scene. (But yeah I think we are a bit spoiled here in the Netherlands - not that there is much more drug use here but from what I can tell it is a more decent climate for finding quality drugs, getting them tested, etc than say the US where the country is very wide and varied.)

It's a matter of vague speculation anyway if we talk about what is likely to happen with blotters containing RCs, but the question whether they are more likely to make you act weird is tricky. Acting weird, for starters, shouldn't be the primary concern of accidentally taking another drug than LSD, although in extreme cases freaking out can certainly lead to problems. Yes, taking another psychedelic on accident at a dose you don't know means factors start adding up the unpredictability - beyond the unpredictability of a regular standard hit of acid.

Last edited:
Phencyclidine, or PCP, (and this is purely individual perception) would be VERY hard to alter, either by homemade means, or by chemists making analogues) to mimic LSD. Having done both, I can say, if this is true, look at how long it takes for the comeup. And in an hour, go for a walk with someone sober as a guide. All substantiated, of course.
You are right about one thing: Whenever you buy blotters or gel, you never truly know what you're getting. This was why (and I have quit since) it helps to buy vials, or hits from a vial. Usually in a Vysine bottle, or something similar. Should taste like Peppermintty vodka. I had the fortunate chance to become friends who would make it, and watching them count each hit from from their distillery, it was something. Nice middle-aged couple, too.
So whatever you get, if you decide to get, always take it slow; the rest will still be there. If you want to stash on other hallucinogenics, there are grey-area legal analogues (order at your own risk, the Federal Analogue Act is very vague), and many, many ethnobotanical that can do the trick. A simple search can do the trick. PM me if you want. Buy FYI -- Stay far away from Nightshades, or anything with the word solanaceae in its classification.

Last edited:
That liquid acid has a higher chance of being real may be associated with a difference in scenes and their legitimacy... but it's not any guarantee, and also not any help for a person who has trouble finding acid to begin with.

Thank you for all the information! Ironically I'm only about two hours away from a quite large city, in my opinion, and someone offered me the option to sell vials of "acid" for them. I declined, because I don't like jail and I can't fork up the money. So far it just seems that the list of drugs that are "acid", keeps on going and going, but from what I've read they have similar effects and aren't much more dangerous. I have also considered purchasing a test kit, but that would also up the cost of a single tab for a poor college student.

Not that fake acid will give you like a 50/50 chance of killing you any time soon but certain fake acid RC psychedelics can indeed give you serious health problems on occasion whereas dissociatives like PCP shouldn't really be that dangerous to take once. That is not counting the psychological freakouts which can always happen, higher unpredictability with weird compounds but also possible at high doses of classic compounds.

Inadvertently having another psychedelic compound than LSD may also mean that it acts much longer (in case of DOX or BromoDragonfly) although most commonly today is probably found NBOMe's like 25I which act a little shorter, and it may also mean that combining with other drugs isn't relatively physically safe like it is with LSD.

Not everyone buys a reagent kit but it is not like it doesn't matter as long as you don't take dissociatives...

Whenever I would have acid that doesn't come from high reputation at the least with every new hit from a batch you have not taken yet you would need to take a very low dose and work your way up, just to be sure that whatever you're taking or at whatever dose it is made, you won't get rekt right away. They call that titrating and it is what you should do if you don't reagent test, for your safety. However if you always buy only a few hits from any batch, even the titrating can quickly start costing more than a reagent kit does - reagent when kept right should last for a while - although then again over the years it is always best to have relatively fresh reagent for it to be reliable.

So maybe arrange - maybe with like a group buy - that when you can buy a hit of fair reputation and you test it to be good stuff, that you stock up on it so that you can avoid having to reagent test or titrate every few months. If you want to be at least a little safe, it will cost an occasional investment.