• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OTC drugs to potentiate Dihydrocodeine??

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I get a weekly prescription for Dihydrocodeine but it only ever lasts for 4 days (or 5 if I really try to make it last). I'll often take 60-80 OTC Co-Dydramol (Paramol) over the last couple of days of the week in order to not withdraw. My grandad is prescribed Codeine Phosphate 30's and has a lot since he rarely takes it so most weeks I can get away with stealing a strip, but that's stopped because his pain has increased so he needs them now and I've not sunk low enough to steal meds from my sick grandad.

So I'm looking for anything that will potentiate by DHC so I can hopefully take a little less and make it last a bit longer (even just a day longer).
What OTC things would help? I currently take Cyclizine and Chlorphenamine with it.

There is lots of info on opioid potentiation on the site if you look. Also I noticed you said you would take 60-80 co codamol over a few days, this is at least very unhealthy and probably quite dangerous. Taking large amounts of medications with ibuprofen, aspirin or paracetamol/acetaminophen is very bad. Paracetamol can cause liver failure and death in overdose, it is far more dangerous than the codeine. If you are not already doing it you should look into CWE - cold water extraction, it is a very simple technique that takes about 10 min and can remove the majority of paracetamol or ibuprofen in the pills - potentially saving your life!!

Diphenhydramine (nytol/tesco or boots own brand 'sleep aids') will potentiate the nod effects at as little as 50mg and also help a bit with the itch (if you're getting it)
Just don't go higher than 200mg or shit can get weiiiird and not in a good way lol

Hey guys, no harm done, but we typically don't like to field threads dedicated solely to a more enjoyable experience. We like to reserve that front page real estate for folks who might be in imminent danger and require our assistance, as that is the essence of HR. Please just keep that in mind.