• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

OTC drugs recreationally

everyone is different

I find meth to be a functional work stim not a hedonistic black hole of infinite weirdness like a lot of people describe it as being, lol

I like taking acid at work or doing mundane tasks as it's weirdly meditative, the whole "spiritual mind blowing whoa dude" thing most people find in acid doesn't really happen to me.

I guess my point is you do you, don't let anyone tell you how "drugs are supposed to work"

we all have different wiring and different experiences and uses for different chemicals
Yeah, I’m aware of all that. I also don’t use drugs at all anymore, so not something I have to worry about.

What dose were you taking for this purpose (i.e., the daily microdose)?

Perhaps, I have never once had an enjoyable experience from DXM, but I'm not a big dissociative fan.
Between 90 and 180mg but eventually I considered 240mg to be within the bounds of the functional dosing but that is with a tolerance after months and months of doing so

The freebase DXM "robo tablets" one can aquire via mail order are ideal for functional dosing as the HBR dex seems to be fuzzy and have a slow buildup of bromine in your system which feels extra toxic and is hard to think clearly on

Basically the quality of the material matters a ton, I can't go back to store bought dex after getting used to the freebase tablets

When I first started doing this 90 was plenty and the other 90 to round it out to 180mg was simply a second dose halfway though the day if I felt I needed it

Yeah, I’m aware of all that. I also don’t use drugs at all anymore, so not something I have to worry about.
Fair enough being sober is great, if you can handle life without being chemically altered I totally support and commend that

Yeah man. Pseudoephedrine, specifically.

I've found it in the past to be decently enjoyable for something I can get whenever, almost wherever.
I remember the first time I did MDMA I forgot I'd taken Sudafed like a few hours before for a sinus headache lol. That might have intensified it a lot honestly, although I was staggering a lot of Gabapentin at the same time. It was like the ultimate high, as high dose Gabapentin already can feel like MDMA, and so much weed. The initial effects of the MDMA had me shaking extremely bad though from the Sudafed, but then I sort of mellowed out. Probably the gram of shrooms I took just to boost it a little more.

Between 90 and 180mg but eventually I considered 240mg to be within the bounds of the functional dosing but that is with a tolerance after months and months of doing so

The freebase DXM "robo tablets" one can aquire via mail order are ideal for functional dosing as the HBR dex seems to be fuzzy and have a slow buildup of bromine in your system which feels extra toxic and is hard to think clearly on

Basically the quality of the material matters a ton, I can't go back to store bought dex after getting used to the freebase tablets

When I first started doing this 90 was plenty and the other 90 to round it out to 180mg was simply a second dose halfway though the day if I felt I needed it

Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about, those tiny white pellet shaped pills? Can't believe that manufacturer gets away with selling those as an OTC cough med, cause it's clearly not designed for therapeutic use

Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about, those tiny white pellet shaped pills? Can't believe that manufacturer gets away with selling those as an OTC cough med, cause it's clearly not designed for therapeutic use
yeah they're clearly meant for recreational use, i just feel like the regulatory bodies have bigger fish to fry than cracking down on dxm with the fent and meth that the streets are awash in lol

plus the robotablets are technically intended for travel as they are light weight\compact and allow you to fly on planes with them in carry on without it being "overweight" for a medicine like most cough medicines are, this gives it a technical legal use (that no one really uses it for)

it's pretty much openly marketed for recreational use though.

also, since it's not available in stores it isn't a risk for impulsive use by teens and other young folks. you gotta already know about it, be patient enough for a mail order and comfortable having it sent to you in your name which generally means you have your own place or at least your own ability to receive mail without anyone giving you flack (like the parents of teens likely would if finding a weird bottle of drugs in the mail)

as far as recreational dxm use in general goes, a drug that half of all people don't really enjoy due to their liver enzyme makeup, that leaves most users who DO like it kinda glued to the couch, out of trouble and in their own little world is relatively benign as far as recreational substances go.

additionally, dxm can't (easily) cause (lethal) overdose (seizures are a potential risk with overdoing it for new users though) & isn't associated with criminality, doesn't really lend itself to being a target of a crackdown

dxm exists in a niche, it's not appealing to most folks in the way that ketamine, mushrooms, acid, amphetamines and mdma are

i honestly suspect the powers that be might actually have a soft spot for dxm as it seems to not cultivate the "anti system\anti authority" values that most psychedelics and dissociatives do produce for whatever reason

i dunno i've just thought a lot about why this product has been allowed to not only exist, but thrive legally on the market for so long, and it doesn't seem to be under any threat of being shut down

DXM. Propylhexedrine. That’s pretty much it, unless you count what’s available in brick-and-mortar headshops, in which case there are a few more
How much propylhexedrine would someone use, do you consume the whole cotton? multiple cottons? do you know what is a safe dosage

How much propylhexedrine would someone use, do you consume the whole cotton? multiple cottons? do you know what is a safe dosage

I would recommend using one cotton, especially if you’re new to it. That’s 250 mgs propylhex iirc. Pour lemon juice over it in a shot glass and let sit for at least four hours (I’ve tried drinking it with only a two hour “steep” before and it wasn’t as strong imo). After that, remove the cotton from the glass and drink it. Bon appetite

How many milligrams of ephedrine would someone use to get a 4/10
I haven't touched it since like 2007 or so but I think 100-150mg was it. Something like two or three tabs of whatever you could get at the pharmacy. This being when one tab was the recommended dosage on the label.

Went to a pharmacy earlier today to check out the pseudoephedrine selection and was dismayed to find that everything with pseudoepehdrine in it also contained paracetamol. This would fuck with your liver too much to even bother with as a decent dose of pseudoephedrine would also contain 1-1.5g of paracetamol which is a bad idea.

In the UK you can get co-codamol which has codeine and paracetamol

also

phenergan which is promethazine

So I guess you could sort of make that cough syrup they drink in the US called purple drank?

In the UK you can get co-codamol which has codeine and paracetamol

also

phenergan which is promethazine

So I guess you could sort of make that cough syrup they drink in the US called purple drank?
Do NOT try to buy both of these at the same time, they know whats up

Also, Paramol is available OTC and has dihydrocodeine in, which I find to be a lot more fun than normal codeine

Do NOT try to buy both of these at the same time, they know whats up

Also, Paramol is available OTC and has dihydrocodeine in, which I find to be a lot more fun than normal codeine
I did at a Tesco once 😂 maybe the pharmacist was distracted as I was disappointed that they only sold promethazine 25mg not 50mg which I told her my Dr always prescribed. Co-codamol they just ask if you've taken it recently. But any two sedatives best bought at different pharmacies.

Does paramol provide stronger pain relief?

Flonase nasal spray is good. It doesn't do a great big difference but it is better than not anything at all.

Kind of speedy and heady both at the same time. I liked it. And do.

I did at a Tesco once 😂 maybe the pharmacist was distracted as I was disappointed that they only sold promethazine 25mg not 50mg which I told her my Dr always prescribed. Co-codamol they just ask if you've taken it recently. But any two sedatives best bought at different pharmacies.

Does paramol provide stronger pain relief?
Not sure about pain relief but it's significantly better recreationally