View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

OTC combos, I gotta share this one...

synchrojet

Bluelighter
Those of you who enjoy dissociatives might benefit from this. DXM sorta lost its magic for me after a while, you know, the whole 50 use rule and so forth. Well, it turns out that there's a OTC combo that brought back the best aspects of dexing and even bettered it. Here's what a guy who's looking for a legal (temporarily for sure) departure might do on a given night:

Say on Thursday he figures Friday's gonna be time for a music journey. He misses music euphoria. So he eats only veggies and drinks white grapefruit juice and water all day Thursday. Friday he picks up a three bottles of Robotussin gels - best otc med in the word btw, along with a bottle of 48 caplets of loperamide. He downs the first 20 gels at say, noon, with a glass of white grapefruit juice. When he feels the effects peaking he then downs 24 caps of loperamide with a glass of water. He waits an hour and downs a second bottle of gelcaps with a second glass of grapefruit juice. Then hits those last 24 loperamide caps with water when the effects start coming on, and one hour after that he polishes off those last 20 gelcaps.

Now this guy is crazy, you understand. But goddamn if he doesn't enjoy his trip to outer space riding his music the way it's supposed to be ridden.

Someone should mention to the guy that this does indeed probably stress the liver, what with the lope and grapefruit and dex all bangin and whatnot, but still...and certainly should be done only by those who are familiar with the more difficult aspect of dissociatives (so's they don't panic, you understand) because as it turns out this approach drastically enhances the psychedelic effects of those little red beads, but wouldn't ya know it, that lope seems to tone down that pins and needles and turns it right into well...candy, baby.

Do with it what you will.

I might underscore here the part about the drastic enhancement of the effects of them gelcaps, yep. First timers, stick to two bottles, or even one. I'm tellin ya this combo ups the DXM ante in geometrical degrees, as well as amplifying the effects of the loperamide to a very significant degree, so do proceed with caution!

In fact, I might actually advise those who don't have any opioid tolerance to be very careful with the lope in this context. Don't underestimate it. It will work this way, believe me, and if you don't have a tolerance you might find you've overdone it a bit if you aren't careful.

But that being said, this is by far the best OTC combo I've found.

Give it a minute though, and soon enough someone will overdo it and panic or worse and the whole thing will be banned and I'll wind up on Oprah defending this post...

Last edited:
He downs the first 20 gels at say, noon, with a glass of white grapefruit juice. When he feels the effects peaking he then downs 24 caps of loperamide with a glass of water. He waits an hour and downs a second bottle of gelcaps with a second glass of grapefruit juice. Then hits those last 24 loperamide caps with water when the effects start coming on, and one hour after that he polishes off those last 20 gelcaps

I really dont think this is appropiate! even for a experienced dxm users, so you eat 60 robo gels caps and 24 loperamide something in 24hours 8o how much strain are you putting on your body and this does not set a good example for any ''budding dxm users'' IMO tried it once, drunk 1 bottle of robo, got slight buzz my stomach felt horrible next day after and i wasted £4 Hope you take it easy in future op :\ Also is this not more trip reports is it not?

peace

Assuming you are using the generic brand 15mg gel caps, would mean you consumed 900mgs assuming my math is correct (you downed 20 pills three different times throughout the night). The Loperamide dose at 2mg (which is what I assume you have the generic OTC bottle small green pills) would mean you took 96mg of that also. The DXM doesn't kick in until about 1 hour after consumption. I would say by you deciding to take the pills over a longer period of time you probably actually would notice a reduction in effects. However if you dosed all 60 pills at once, or drink an entire bottle of DXM (same amount of mgs) the effects all manifest themselves together instead of one on top of each other. Not to say you didn't trip or didn't have a good time, but you have to consider you probably wasted a few pills there.

The half life of DXM is around 1.5-3.9 hours depending on dosage. Assuming that my math is correct again I could probably give you a realistic time frame. The loperamide however has an average half life of 10.8 hours.

+ 0:00 (noon) Consumed 20 gel caps - that would be 300mg a good average sized dosage. Most people would trip fairly well of this.

You say you waited until the effects started peaking before you dosed the other meds so from my experience it peaks from 1-2 hours after taking it. For myself usually around the hour and half mark. So just to be sure I'll say 1 hour 45 minutes

+ 1:45 Consumed 24 caps of anti-diarrheal pills

Waited an hour

+ 2:45 Consumed 20 Caps of DXM

You say you waited until the effects came on so lets assume that you waited an hour

+ 3:45 24 Loperamide again

Again waited 1 hour

+ 4:45 20 Gel caps

So that initial dose would have been half metabolized at lets say on average 2.5 hours. So after 5 hours you would actually see that dose drop from being 300mg to actually 75mg. And the 20 you consumed at 2:45 would have been at least cut in half by your last dose. So 75+150+300 equals your actual amount of DXM at the time you consumed that last dose. So 525mg would have been your starting point, and after that all that would continue to happen would be that you would just continue to keep metabolizing the DXM, so lets say you give it another few hours, the initial dose may have worn off by now, and after a few more hours the second dose would wear off. You see? You waste DXM by waiting. You took 900mgs worth of DXM but only got the effect of 525mg (which is still considered a strong dose by Erowid standards) The combination with the Loperamide probably enhanced the effects, but still. You wasted a few pills there.

Uh, Potrick? Until you try this particular combo, don't jump the gun on potency issues. This one has teeth believe me. No way this goes down like a 525 DXM trip. No way at all. This one gets you all the way out there. Any stronger is too much for me.

@vibrancy - how much strain on the body? Who knows? DXM has proven to be relatively safe at high doses. Loperamide doesn't look too threatening either. Taking them the way I described maximizes the effects of both, but how much of a strain it actually puts on the body is anybody's guess I suppose. I'd say it probably taxes the liver a bit, but so does an alcohol binge. True, this one isn't for beginners by a long shot. But some folks have tolerance issues with DXM, or some folks just like to get completely anesthetized whilst tripping, so's not to deal with that pins and needles effect that DXM sometimes has. But point taken here. Maybe I shouldn't recommend this one. By all means it's only ffor those who want that extra oomph on their DXM trips, without having to take those stratospheric doses. I would NO WAY recommend taking all sixty gels and 48 lopes at once after a day of white grapefruit juice! That would be a trip intensity I don't want to fathom. So mods, if you think this is too heavy handed for harm reduction, feel free to take it down.

Last edited:
You took 48 doses of loperamide?! You do realise that aside from extreme constipation it will have no effect whatsoever? It won't get you high no matter what you combine it with...

You took 48 doses of loperamide?! You do realise that aside from extreme constipation it will have no effect whatsoever? It won't get you high no matter what you combine it with...

I wouldn't jump to conclusions. At such a high dose that may be enough to get a serious buzz. Keep in mind Loperamide is an opioid receptor agonist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loperamide

EDIT: I'd like to add that the article says that it can be used in combination with other drugs to cross the blood barrier. Potentially Quinine. However I am hesitant to believe that Loperamide could give you anything more than a buzz.

Last edited:
Some people get a buzz of loperamide from taking extremely high doses, but some people don't.

However, everybody gets very, very constipated from taking extremely high doses.

The constipation is not an issue at all. Just drop a couple senna pills (veggie laxative) and everything's all right. Seriously, it's just an opioid, it just causes constipation the same way that oxy or hydro does - not even as bad as hydro in fact.

That being said, about the buzz - I wouldn't post this if it wasn't serious. You think loperamide won't give you a buzz on its own, you're probably right. You try it this way and come back and tell me what's up. You'll be like you dropped an oxy 40, but won't get the rush you get from good opioids. In fact, coupled with the dissociative effects (enhanced) from the dex, the body gets so numb so as to disappear entirely, which is in fact the point of the whole thing.

Don't chalk this up to hype. Don't try it unless you want your body to vanish. It works, believe me.

You may have found it enjoyable, but it does not seem like a healthy plan to me at all. Opposite to harm reduction in fact.

I've used DXM enough that it no longer has the same effects, in character or magnitude as it once was...

DXM is fun ass hell before that happens tough.

I've taken doses of DXM over the 900mg OP is talking about for days in a row and had no physical problems.

I will reserach this loperamide some more and maybe give it a go.

I think it's odd people are starting to call you out on this being danerous, ffs these boards talk about research chems that are 1,000x more harsh on the body, but they get talked up like they are a godsend around here...

"ffs these boards talk about research chems that are 1,000x more harsh on the body, but they get talked up like they are a godsend around here..."

Aaaahahahaha sources?

I was with you (sorta) until this comedy. Please think before you claim. Bring on your Fox news and other mainstream media sources please.

"ffs these boards talk about research chems that are 1,000x more harsh on the body, but they get talked up like they are a godsend around here..."

Aaaahahahaha sources?

I was with you (sorta) until this comedy. Please think before you claim. Bring on your Fox news and other mainstream media sources please.

DXM is far safer than everyone portrays it as.

The now dis-proven theory that it causes Olney's lesions still lingers as a source of misinformation.

Damage / hospital visits that were actually due to overdose of other active ingredients taken in DXM containing products get lumped into its statistics by government and enforcement statistics for "DXM".

I'll try to hunt down some sources, but I am confident DXM is far safer than mephedrone, methoxetamine, methylone etc...

Last edited:
I think it's odd people are starting to call you out on this being danerous, ffs these boards talk about research chems that are 1,000x more harsh on the body, but they get talked up like they are a godsend around here...

Taking large amounts of opioids which -- under normal circumstances -- do not cross the blood-brain barrier, amounts which, were they to cross the BBB, would be a lethal overdose, taking that much loperamide is basically like sitting in a room full of gunpowder.

Sure, there are no sparks around, but...

http://www.nature.com/clpt/journal/v68/n3/full/clpt2000101a.html

Excessive constipation seems like a tricky thing, even if you want to counteract it I personally wouldnt fuck with it. And I have read about people getting freakish side-effects from DXM other than those using other active ingredients.

I don't know what other research chemicals you're talking about but most 2C-X and tryptamine compounds produce none such clear side-effects. Maybe some do like DOXs or whatever but those would be the exceptions and they don't make the whole category a bad thing.

Taking large amounts of opioids which -- under normal circumstances -- do not cross the blood-brain barrier, amounts which, were they to cross the BBB, would be a lethal overdose, taking that much loperamide is basically like sitting in a room full of gunpowder.

Sure, there are no sparks around, but...

Ok... I'll admit this loperamide is throwing me for a loop
biggrin.gif

Seems like one of the strangest drugs I have heard of... A localized opioid that "sometimes" "might" cross the blood brain barrier, but for some people it can simply by being in high enough dosage...

And because of that there is almost no information on its effects on the CNS, or peripheral systems...

DXM by itiself safe (relatively) and I'll stand by that...

This loperamide is just quite an oddity according to some things I read it should be no worse than some constipation.... other information says otherwise... strange stuff...

DXM is far safer than everyone portrays it as.

The now dis-proven theory that it causes Olney's lesions still lingers as a source of misinformation.

Damage / hospital visits that were actually due to overdose of other active ingredients taken in DXM containing products get lumped into its statistics by government and enforcement statistics for "DXM".

I'll try to hunt down some sources, but I am confident DXM is far safer than mephedrone, methoxetamine, methylone etc...

I guess I shouldve been more clear (although I thought it would be): my problem is not with the claims of DXM's safety (I know the facts and the way old news of "O-lesions" being bunk)... my problem is with the completely unfounded claim of bad side effects regarding the whole category of RCs (lol).

As a side note - I know this proves nothing at all... but DXM just doesnt feel right on my body. Just something about the unique way it acts upon serotonin and dopamine (yes I know most of my fav chems act on serotonin and dopamine, that is why I said "unique way"). It just seems to induce all the sickly sides of serotonin manipulation, while the shakiest, most jittery, muscle weakening action of dopamine. There was a point in my life where I obtained great benefit from it with all these side effects... my benefits outweighed the nasty feel of it. Maybe it has just "lost its magic" for me, but it just seems odd that I didn't get that many mind-blowing trips out of it before I began getting nothing out of it besides sickness. Its also worth noting that my only epic or really even worthwhile dxm trips involved large quantities of nitrous as well.

I guess I shouldve been more clear (although I thought it would be): my problem is not with the claims of DXM's safety (I know the facts and the way old news of "O-lesions" being bunk)... my problem is with the completely unfounded claim of bad side effects regarding the whole category of RCs (lol).

I don't think anybody meant to imply that the entire category of RCs are dangerous. I think they merely meant to say that while some appear quite safe, and others are demonstrably quite dangerous; more evidence exists to support the relative harmlessness of DXM than for RCs as a class.