• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Orphenadrine or Carisoprodol ; Which is the superior potentiator?

Changa707

Bluelighter
Hello all, I have recently been experimenting with the combination of 100 mg orphenadrine citrate and 90 mg codeine, and I can attest that it makes quite the difference...especially in terms of lengthening the effects of the codeine.

Now, I have tried Soma (carisoprodol) in the past, but never in combination with opioids. It seems to be very popular as an opioid potentiator, hence why they probably have restricted it's use in Canada. Here the best thing you can get it Methocarbamol, Orphenadrine, or Meprobamate (Miltown)...if you are lucky.
Does anyone out there have experience with carisoprodol and orphenadrine? I realize they are not in the same class of drugs, though they both seems to be effective opioid potentiators.

Any experiences, opinions, comments? Please share.

It all depends on your own chemistry, so no one could really give you the CORRECT answer.

Soma seems to be widely regarded as a very good synergizer, so I would assume that it's gotten that reputation from consistent results....

The question is about potentiation here, not synergy...we are probably thinking of the same thing, but when i hear synergy i generally think of the effects of two drugs combining to produce the sensation of a stronger high. But when I think potentiator, I think of a drug that actually increases the absorption and metabolic breakdown of the given opioid.
I realize most that Orphenadrine is not OTC in the USA, and not commonly prescribed...so it's no wonder I have had trouble finding information on bluelight, though I have found an old post by wiki, regarding the receptors that orphenadrine works apon.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Wiki
Orphenadrine is known to have the following pharmacology:
mACh receptor antagonist (anticholinergic)
H1 receptor antagonist (antihistamine)
NMDA receptor antagonist
NET blocker (norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor)
Nav1.7, Nav1.8, and Nav1.9 sodium channel blocker
HERG potassium channel blocker

So i'm not really certain if Orphenadrine is even a true opioid potentiator, but it certainly works..and feels reminiscent of carisoprodol (but with noticeable anticholinergic effects).

100 mg Orphenadrine citrate + 3 Tylenol 3's = Feels equivalent to about 30 mg oral morphine or 7.5 mg oxycodone. (For person with little tolerance).

What I notice is that when taking the orphenadrine alongside the T3's, my pupils are much more constricted than they would be if I took the codeine without orphenadrine. Itching is virtually non-existant thanks to the antihistamine effects of orphenadrine, and it's muscle relaxing qualities make the codeine high feel more like a morphine high.

Great stuff I say! But it's been a while since i've got my hands on some carisoprodol, so I might go about finding me some meprobamate (carisoprodol is the prodrug of meprobamate).

Orphenadrine doesnt do shit for me, not medically nor potentiation. Meprobamate sucks too, you are better off with carisoprodol. The best codeine potentiator I have come across is phenibut. Perhaps gabapentin/pregabalin would do it too, never tried.

I understand the difference but was unaware of orphenadrine's effects, still though, carisoprodol as far as I know does not have any metabolic inhibition and the main characteristic is it's intoxication paired with an opioids, so synergy was in fact the right word.

I'd still assume carisoprodol would be more powerful simply because of it's resulting synergy rather than potentiation.

Orphenadrine doesnt do shit for me, not medically nor potentiation. Meprobamate sucks too, you are better off with carisoprodol. The best codeine potentiator I have come across is phenibut. Perhaps gabapentin/pregabalin would do it too, never tried.

I have some gabapentin which I occasionally combine with opioids, though I have found it's effects to be quite unpredictable. The first time I took Gabapentin, I combined 600 mg spread out over a few hours, alongside 90 mg codeine and it really seemed to lengthen and intensify the high. But since then I haven't always experienced benefits and sometimes it feels like i'm taking placebo...could be that my tolerance to this stuff just go's up really quick, cause even 600 mg at once doesn't really do much (though i have read that it is best to space out 300 mg doses, rather than take it all at once).

I'm saving my remaining gabapentin for emergency to treat RLS or W/D symptoms....but I definitely take a liking towards orphenadrine citrate, and plan to acquire more in the near future. I'm surprised it doesn't do shit for you, what dosages have you taken..and which combinations? I will admit, orphenadrine by itself doesn't do shit for me either, but with codeine it works wonders (aside from the very present dry mouth side effect).

^^Buddy I know where your coming from, I too am & have been looking for the next Doriden alternative, which I found about too late having started my opioid carreer in 03' by the time it was last available in 2004 it was much too late and I kick myself all the time for it b/c I can't find an alternative since not enough people were dedicated to it as with Qualudes or Placidyl for example but there in case your not familiar simple break down for you, and others too ofcourse. Doriden is a sedative which by itself is said to be quite eazy on the body and not much stronger than Soma or Temazepam, while codeine by itself is a weak to moderate opiate, a pro-drug of morphine which is only a partial agonist. These two relatively weak drugs, Doriden & Tylenol 4 when taken concurrently (at the same time) that is codeine containing pills, traditional combo being called 'Doors & Fours' reffering to the practice of ingesting (orally) 1 or 2 Doriden tablets along with no more than 2 Tylenol 4s or an eqivalent of 120mg codeine (4 T3s lets say) would result not only in a sedating effect like one would get by ingesting a benzo along with their opiate dose but instead of the usual 8%-15% codeine to morphine conversion rate that usually takes place, the Doriden would metabolise the codeine such that the conversion rate of codeine to morphine would increase anywhere between 100%-120% (reason 120% is due to the sedative effect of Doriden itself). This means that 120mg codeine oral with Doriden = 120mg morphine (which is 30% bioavailable orally so it would be like taking 370mg approximatley morphine orally, but in half hour as codeine is faster acting).

I've tried codeine with anyting and everything you can name esp. b/c I suffer from a bad cough I always had some codeine (T3's or T4's) by my side usually taking it semi daily for years while I used various different drugs, always trying to potentiate my codeine. Simple answer, nothing has worked.....except Soma and that only works to a degree but with the codones, oxycodone + soma, codeine + soma are *beautiful* while methadone + soma not so much but still great :) just saying the codones work best with Soma.

I've had phenobarbital as well as amobarbital to potentiate it like it should in theory and it didn't at all, rather produced the uwanted effects that I would get from codeine, very little opiate euphoria. Benadryl, Benzodiazepines of every type don't work either except to potentiate the nod or the sedating effects, however Soma is the closest I've come to in my years of research and I've tried tons of bullshit like methacarbamol (Robaxin), Baclofen (worst ever followed by the disgusting after-taste & shit high Imovane/zopiclone) though involving puking with everyone I know.

Haven't tried promethazine but plan to though I can't I'm on MMT and that potentiates codeine strictly, if at all....I have a strong suspicion its just a very sedating, less anti chlornigernic (hallucinogenic) anti histamine similar to Benadryl, but cannot say.

Let me know if u find something!
Good luck!

Last edited:
^
Muie, sometimes I feel like there is a conspiracy against opioid potentiators....or anything that has a "reputation" for increasing the metabolism. But in reality I think it's just the case in Canada, as codeine is OTC...so the medical community was aware that Soma is a great opioid potentiator. All these great opioid potentiators that came out in the 50's and 60's didn't last long on the market, they were withdrawn or restricted ever since (especially in Canada). We can't even get carisoprodol up here (at least not in BC, I don't think). The only drug related to carisoprodol that they offer up here is Miltown (meprobamate), which is the metabolite of carisoprodol. But from what I understand, the two drugs are almost worlds apart...unless I have been reading false claims, but it seems that meprobamate isn't a very good potentiator at all.
But as far as the other drugs you listed go...I agree wholeheartedly, there just isn't really anything out there other than Soma that truly works to increase the metabolism of codeine and oxycodone. I have tried Baclofen, Zopiclone, Temazepam, Oxazepam, Clonazepam, Gabapentin, various antihistamines...seems like the benzodiazepines usually cloud the high, and almost make it weaker and more fiendish in some way (but at least it helps you lower your needed dosage). The only benzodiazepines that go nicely with codeine IMO are oxazepam and temazepam, but i'd almost rather just take a large dose of temazepam by itself than mix it with codeine at a lower dose.

Same with the GABA agonists, they actually are even worse to combine with opioids than benzos...the buzz totally overpowers the subtle effects of codeine, both Zopiclone and Baclofen do this. And yeah, nothing more dissatisfying then the taste of imovane...uggh.

Never tried any barbituates, but am interested in trying Seconal (secobarbital). I have heard it is an amazing high on it's own, superior to any benzodiazepine buzz.

But thanks for the comment man, i'm gonna keep researching until I find something...but it seems that there aren't really any "Secrets" out any more, everything that works has been either identified and tried...or is so obscure and hard to find to get a hold of that people don't bother.

I have a lot of experience with Doriden (Glutethimide) and Codeine combination. In my area of NJ they were very big, they were known on the street as "hits" or "Cibas and Codeine" because Ciba manufactured Doriden at one time and the tablet was stamped CIBA on it. Doriden induced a liver enzyme that made the Codeine turn into 80-90 percent morphine instead of the usual 10 percent and add the sedative hypnotic effect of the Doriden and you have a extremely intense long lasting euphoria and bliss, nothing can compare to the Doriden and Codeine high, nothing. In '93 the government strong armed the few pharmaceutical companies that were still making Doriden to discontinue. At the time I was doing a four on four which was four Doriden and four codeine tablets, they went for twenty dollars a pop so a four on four cost eighty dollars, money well spent in my opinion. Many people turned to H when that happened including myself, but it pales in comparison. The warmth, the feeling of being "loved", the pure blissful euphoria, and you still felt the next day! Finding some Doriden would be like finding the holy Grail. I am now on methadone maintenance about twenty years now.

Logic would dictate Carisoprodol (Soma) to be the superior potentiator. Orphenadrine is an atihistamine analgo of Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) so you might expect it to have some sedating qualities, but nothing like Carisoprodol which is, among other things, a prodrug for the systemic delivery of Meprobamate (Miltown). Meprobamate is a non-Barbiturate (Barbiturate-like) central nervous system depressant, similar to other drugs like Methaqualone (Quaalude). You would definitely expect the Carisoprodol to produce a greater degree of sedation and depression of the CNS, assuming that's ultimately what you're looking for.

Please be aware that as Carisoprodol and in turn Meprobamate are very similar to Barbiturates in their action, you can expect them to be even more dangerous than Benzodiazepines in terms of combining with Opioids. Practice caution.

Doriden and Codeine

Nothing to this day can compare to the euphoric bliss of Doriden(Glutethimide) and Codeine, the warmth, the feeling of well-being and that everything was fine in the world, and the feeling of "being loved". The effect can be felt the next day. Like I said before, nothing beats the Doriden and Codeine combination.