• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Oregon decriminalizing Hard Drugs

Are you surprised Oregon decriminalized hard drugs?

• Total voters
Wow, I’ve heard about this but wasn’t sure it actually stuck. What does this mean for parents getting their kids taken away for being drug addict and stuff like that? I wonder.
SoCalShordie: My reply is in the above, previous ^^^^^ post.

Last edited:
@Jnowhere why are you on a harm reduction forum when you have such a problem with helping addicts? Not being rude just curious.
You call us junkies but against programs that help people and save lives.
If doctors are not treating your pain it's not the addicts fault.
What do you think the government should do with addicts?

We are taxed to death. 18% sales tax in some provinces. Rehabs and housing is what we need. Instead we basically wrote a blank cheque to Ukraine.
I'd much rather my tax dollars help Canadians then corporations and if I had to pay a bit more tax to help the people who really need it I wouldn't complain.
You don't have kids and appear to have a certain level of financial security and a place to live. You don't seem to have the same issues, that so many in your country do. From what I have seen, the current government has little to no conern about the people.
That ridiculous number of pre-tax 30% of income to figure out housing expenses, combined with so many other taxes and the housing shortage, makes America's financial issues seem a lot less.
The ridiculously high taxes combined with the ridiculously high prices on housing, food and just about everything means that so many are working: So many Canadians are working just to survive.
And with half a million new immigrants/ students and a housing shortage. I have heard that the average Canadian or family would have to make $268,000 dollars Canadian or $198,557 and change, US dollars to qualify for a a mortgage.
You have by definition a fascist government and legalizing hard drugs will only nake that situation worse.
Your socialized healthcare system, once the pride of Canada is a now a mess.
A few Corporations( this is actually by design) control a large part of the economy with more than the blessing of the government.
Outside news sources are banned and political dissenters are often imprisoned and their bank accounts and assets frozen.Bye Bye free speech. Real criminals(even ones arrested 100+ times) violent and sex offenders: It is catch and release, some times even before the cops are done with the paper work. Not lol. All the while non violent pastors and people who disagree with the current regime are imprisoned and have their bank accounts and assets frozen. This is the real face of "progressives" More violent criminals, less cops and more gun control. The cops also apparently also can take hours to get there. Violent criminals are released almost immediately. So just be a victim and too bad?
With legalization of hard drugs, your Healthcare system will become even more clogged up with more people with medical issues and too few doctors and then even more patients. Not to mention the cost increases. There would be an even longer line and naturally a longer wait for people who were not wealthy enough to seek private treatment for drug addiction.
This blank check up there( or down there, technically I live North of Windsor) are you kidding me, with me? I assume you are talking about more than millions; when you like America have so many serious domestic issues that need attention and more importantly money.

With what can only be described by definition As a Fascist government in control. Your once, not so long ago, beautiful, peaceful, pleasant, nice, stable country has really gone down hill. With a government that clearly doesn't care about it's people, full drug legalization will only make it worse. The government Giving kids, with or without parental consent, recreational fentanyl is absolutely insane. This is coming from a childless( I hope so) some what immature, slightly irresponsible man. Drug legalization in Canada would only cause more problems and more homelessness to a country that not long ago was considered to be as close to a utopia on Earth as possible and now has drifted into a dystopian nightmare; the legalizing of hard drugs will only make it worse.

@Jnowhere why are you on a harm reduction forum when you have such a problem with helping addicts? Not being rude just curious.
You call us junkies but against programs that help people and save lives.
If doctors are not treating your pain it's not the addicts fault.
What do you think the government should do with addicts?
All that money is going to Ukraine, you said it yourself; blank check( cheque).
More addicts is not harn reduction, just the opposite.