• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

oramorph

Oramorph - in fact any form of morphine orally is complete shit. Just makes you sick and gives you a headache. Codeine is a lot better.

so after 5mg of etiz i got into a very snug place, even got an extra hour or so sleep, killing from gym tho, cud probably do another 20ml (40mg) next time see how it goes, strange drug, did nothing really worth noting till i had my etizolam n was out within the half hour,

isnt codeine methyl-morphine, n as owen said converts to morphine in the liver?

You realise that codeine is just metabolised in to morphine before attatching to the opiod recptors yeah?

It's not "just metabolised to morphine" - about 10% is metabolised to morphine with the rest being a whole concoction of less well-known opioids which seem to be what has most effect. I know how much morphine I have to take to get anything off of it and it's a fuckload more than I could ever get from my usual codeine doses even if I was an ubermetaboliser.

But yeah, oral morphine is pissweak and barely worth the effort (imo and all that).

I have been taking this for the last few years and 15 - 20mg used to be nice with no tolerance. I wouldnt be mixing it with any benzos the same day tho, I still feel the morph a good 7 hours later. Think I might be hyper sensitive to it or something because it lasts most of the day for me on a decent dose.

Anything taken orally goes in the tummy which is where sickness can occur - once its been absorbed and gets to the liver sickness normally passes, but ye as others have said its not really a bell ringer of a drug.

It's not "just metabolised to morphine" - about 10% is metabolised to morphine with the rest being a whole concoction of less well-known opioids which seem to be what has most effect. I know how much morphine I have to take to get anything off of it and it's a fuckload more than I could ever get from my usual codeine doses even if I was an ubermetaboliser.

But yeah, oral morphine is pissweak and barely worth the effort (imo and all that).

Intersting, never realised codeine-6-glucuronide had such a significant part of the analgesic effect. It seems it would be almost half and half with the other half coming from the morphine and the norcodeine having no analgesic effect?

Is this the same if it's ingested via routes other than oral ingestion?

From memory there's at least half a dozen opioids that codeine breaks down to in vivo. Was an excellent post on it that somehow got posted in BDD and now can't find it cos it would obviously be moved (was a bit technical and non-basic - more ADD but couldn't find it there either). There were lots of opioids mentioned though - none of which I'd heard of which was partially the point of the post cos some have next to no research (or certainly info) available on them. Seems to me it must be a cocktail effect cos my morphine doses are at least 4-5x what I'd take of codeine if 10% codeine > morphine is assumed. Doesn't add up at all so there has to be more going on. I don't even think morphine is the predominant effect to be honest. Codeine feels utterly different to morphine to me. Only similarity is excessive histamine release.

I have only experience orally and IV with codeine (IV being stupidly dangerous I found out since but not for quite some time after starting injecting it so plenty familiar). With morphine that'd be the same plus podgered. For me, they still feel completely different to each other whichever ROA of each is compared. I seem to get along especially well with codeine too - I suspect I am one of those who readily metabolises it cos I don't even need to escalate that much unless I've been taking it solidly for years or using it to replace stronger opies. In many ways I actually prefer codeine to morphine cos I never did like heavy sedation and I find codeine positively stimulating.

As for analgesic effect, they're both next to useless in my opinion. By the time morphine starts blocking pain you're barely conscious. With codeine you're ripping your skin off with histamine or having to take such ridiculously high doses that it actually starts causing paradoxical pain itself.

well fuck i woke back up at 7pm, dont know why i fell back asleep , probably the fact i only had 5mg of etiz compared to my 6mg idk. :/ anyways good afternoon best get some food down me thanks for the responses, have tried codeine, its ok isnt it, but never tried more than like 120 mg of codeine and it was quite stronger than 20mg of morphine oral, so plugging is better i hear? i think im through with it anyways pretty underwhelming, i dont think i will ever get the pleasure of feeling diamorphine and i wouldnt ever buy gear off the street anyways, so i think my journey with opies have come to a end (albeit a shortlived and underwhelmed journey)

i think its for the best, now on to another 5mg of etiz tonight, gonna try keep at this dose for a few nights and try 4mg of etiz soon, i will do this , because i want it more than anything (to be off this shit for good).. anyways thanks for ur thoughts on this and why i felt it wasn't anything worth noting until i mixed with the etiz and i was out of it by then

Anything taken orally goes in the tummy which is where sickness can occur - once its been absorbed and gets to the liver sickness normally passes, but ye as others have said its not really a bell ringer of a drug.

Although the suspension could be making you feel sick its more likely the opiate effect opiate naive people tend to feel sick whatever the ROA people using heroin whether smoking or injecting it always makes users feel sick the first couple of times and the drug goes no where near your tummy on these occasions. You have alot of opioid receptors in your gut and when theyre stimulated in a big fashion for the first time it can make one feel qeasy. If I'm rattling and have a toot I feel a bit sick if the gears decent just as its kicking in

Last edited:
I done 20mg of this earlier on, I thought it might help me sleep cos I had a good sup of beer at the w-e and for all the difference it made I may as well have Poured it down the sink.

I done 20mg of this earlier on, I thought it might help me sleep cos I had a good sup of beer at the w-e and for all the difference it made I may as well have Poured it down the sink.

What's your opiate tolerance like mate?

I really fucking like Oramorph. I can easily go through 500ml in less than a month.

For measuring I tend to use the lid which is roughly 20ml. So I have half the lid for a small dose and the full lid for a proper dose. Which would be roughly 40mg mid dose and 80mg high dose.

If you can't feel anything after a good few spoonfuls of Oramorph you got a tolerance for strong stuff I would imagine. 80mg oral morphine is enough to have me on the nod.

I have zero tolerance, well I should have no tolerance, I have never abused opiates. I had some acid yesterday and drank quite a bit at the tail end of it and was feeling slightly rough earlier and took 40ml and nada. Opiates mustn't do it for me, I took 60mg of Oxy once and had nothing from that though I had to scratch my arm once after 400mg of codeine