• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Orally active anadenanthera peregrina (Yopo)?

sidestyle

Bluelighter
So I have some experience using the Yopo snuff with good effect, but I was wondering if it would be possible to make the Yopo seeds orally active using Syrian rue? I tried recently, but I don't think I did it right (if there is a right way to do it). My method was to first eat about 1.5 tsp of Syrian rue. Then about 20 minutes later, I chewed up 5 of the anadenanthera peregrina seeds and swallowed. This resulted in nausea within 5 minutes, which resulted in me purging about three times. No psychedelic effects manifested.

Do I need to heat up the seeds like in traditional Yopo prep? Did I eat too small amounts of either Rue or anadenanthera?

I have looked on search engines to find some info on this, but have had no such luck this far. Thanks in advance! My hope is to put together some kind of methodology for oral potentiation of these sacred seeds. :)

Look how many compounds are in it.

Chemical compounds contained in A. peregrina include:

2,9-dimethyltryptoline – plant[6]
2-methyltryptoline – plant[6]
5-MeO-DMT – bark[6]
5-Methoxy-N-methyltryptamine – bark[6]
Bufotenin – plant[6] beans[7]
Bufotenin-oxide – fruit,[6] beans[7]
Catechol – plant[6]
Leucoanthocyanin – plant[6]
Leucopelargonidol – plant[6]
DMT – fruit,[6] beans, pods,[7] bark[8]
DMT-oxide – fruit[6][9]
Methyltryptamine – bark[6]
Orientin – leaf[6]
Saponarentin – leaf[6]
Viterine – leaf[6]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anadenanthera_peregrina

This part doesn't make it sound very attractive.

Oral usage

When taken orally by some tribes in South America, small amounts are often combined with alcoholic chichas (maize based beer).[14] Moderate doses are unpleasant, producing nausea and vomiting. The beans were a main ingredient in bilca tauri, an oral purge medicine used to induce ritual vomiting once a month.[14] Large amounts are not usually consumed orally; as many tribes believe oral use is dangerous.

Last edited:
Oh. Thanks for this info, it seems to explain exactly why I had the reaction I did. >.<

I guess this thread is pretty much closed, unless someone else has further experience with the subject.

Maybe a better method is to take Syrian rue and then use the Yopo snuff.

I could not imagine mixing yopo seeds with an MAOI, are you activating the compounds with calcium bicarbonate? I would still bake the seeds. Yopo snuff is such a crazy experience I would be very nervous to make Ayahuasca with it. I love traditional Ayahuasca and thats frightening enough...Yopo would be a little to weird for me..

I could not imagine mixing yopo seeds with an MAOI, are you activating the compounds with calcium bicarbonate? I would still bake the seeds. Yopo snuff is such a crazy experience I would be very nervous to make Ayahuasca with it. I love traditional Ayahuasca and thats frightening enough...Yopo would be a little to weird for me..

Yes, when I prepare the snuff I mixed the naked and crushed inside of the seeds with baking soda, which made the snuff effective. It's possible I still haven't achieved a full dose of the snuff since what I thought was a "breakthrough" wasn't terribly intense. I would estimate that the dose I took that time was around 3 seeds worth.

EarthBounded, is there a dose that worked powerfully for you?

Resurrecting this thread to get thoughts on this new tek I discovered on another forum...

Here's the theroretical COFFEE TEK.

According to the Djini's instructions that where telepathically installed into the dreamer I know of's mind, hehheh

Firstly, do not use regualr coffee! It's WAY WAY to much caffiene. Get decaffeinated coffee. It's about ~3% of the caffiene of regular coffee. Do not use regular coffee! Everyone is drinking decaf anyway - it's this hip drink...

Brew a full pot of auto-drip decaf coffee. This is your dreamer's already acidic brew water. It should be about 10-12 cups of nice black decaf coffee. It's already hot, so pour it into the pot on the stove and through in you plants. Boil as long as necessary, decant, through out the dregs, and then reduce at full boil (I'm talking about the decanted decaf brew water) in the same pot down to one cup pre dream-dose. Simple enough.

Here's what the dreamer I know of dreamed to make Yopo decaf latte

His brewed a full pot of black decaf coffee, and threw it in the faberware 12quart pot on the stove, and added the following plants, all finely powederd:

10 grams of Peganam harmala
10 grams of Anadenanthera peregrina
10 grams of Anadenanthera columbrina

He brewed a total of three hours beginning with only the rue. He's figured out how to use his Faberware 12 quart pot where it will full boil and reduce the liquide volume at the same time - even left alone on the stove for many many hours.

The yopo had to be prepared. He put the yopos, each seperatly one variety first then later the other, into a teflon sautue pan heated to med-hi with a pot lit that fit over it. After a couple minutes the yopo began popping like popcorn. he shuffled the pan and let it sit for prolly fiften minutes, just to the point where little whisps of smoke whouil come off when the lid was removed. This, apparently, is a cruicial step in preparing yopo for yopohuasca. The french roasted yopos where put into the coffee grinder and then put into the pot on the stove, actual boiling time was only bout an hour. Finally, the decant was done through a Brauan perma-filter and there was four cups of yopo brew. The dregs where washed down the sink with the always used prayer, "from the rains to the rivers, from the rains to the rivers" and the four cups where hard boiled (that's hi on the stove) down to two cups in about ten minutes. I'm telling ya'll this Faberware 12quart pot is excellent! Now, that's two cups = two doses.

He poured one piping hot cup into a tall glass which filled up bout 2/3's the way... and filled it to the top with 1% lowfat milk for his yopo decaf latte. I'm telling you, if Starbucks finds out about this... they's patent it. It was splendidly deliscious...