• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Oral thc conversion question

Yourbaker

Bluelighter
I am currently on a 50mg oral dose of oil, when I take it I just feel the effects and occasionally feel stoned. I've been on oil for 4 years now and have lowered my dose in this last year but it doesn't seem lower. I used to take 100mg and have about the same feeling. I do tend to stay high longer on 100mg but not feeling any higher, unless I smoke it.

Is there a top end amount of thc your liver can process?

I know it requires an amino acid to complete the conversion from delta 9 to 11 hydroxy is it possible this is a limit?

I've been an alcoholic for more years then I've used marijuana could my liver condition be an issue?

As a medical user should I just sadly say goodbye to the once great recreational highs?

Interesting.
Have you also decreased the frequency with which you take it?
Because i find that when i smoke heaps of weed i find that i never really feel that stoned, because i have developed such a tolerance, and perhaps to a lesser extent, has become like my normal state of consciousness.

On the other hand, when i cut down - smoke less often, or have a tolerance break - when i do indulge, it takes much less to get me stoned, and i feel it more than when i'm smoking all day.
Like a "less is more" thing.

I wonder if a similar tolerance relates issue accounts for this, or it is something completely different, like things you suggest.

I hadn't really considered tolerance causing this but I can see that. I did try a 200mg dose to see if I could get high but still the same, just lasted about 4-5 hours.

I use it 2-3 times a day usually only 2 about 6-8 hours apart. I did stop use for 90 days recently to see if I still needed to use it medically and decided to stay on at a 50mg dose.

Last edited: