• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Oral dose of cannabis plant material

ish675

Bluelighter
I've been making eatables for a while now and I thought I would share some things, as well as ask a few questions. I normally make a very small batch ( just for me, so I make a dose or 2 tops) I've experimented with decarbing and found that 295° for 9 minutes on a big ceramic dish to regulate the temp works best. I tried 245° for 30 mins and everything in between. Most of the time I add the decarbed plant material directly to a cornbread muffin or cookie, without using butter. I do have trouble dosing, I smoke around .2 grams 3-5 times a day, so I do have a moderate tolerance, I use anywhere between .5 and 1 gram per eatable, but the effects can vary so much. How much bud should you cook per dose, relative to how much you smoke? Does anyone have any tips or tricks to making single serving eatables, v.s a large batch?

You should use slightly less than what you would smoke, since oral cannabis is more efficient and more psychoactive due to the in-vivo production of 11-OH-THC, which is 3 times as psychoactive as THC.

I like using 7g of top-shelf chopped and decarbed, which is then placed in a cheesecloth and secured with string. I then place the roll into an 8 oz mason jar and fill about 6-7oz coconut oil (saturated fat is important) and 13 grams soy lecithin, seal the jar, and place it into a crockpot filled 2/3's with water on "Low" for 10 hours. Soy lecithin can be dangerous to the cardiovascular system.

I like eating a teaspoon to a tablespoon of cannabis coconut oil straight up instead of mixing it with foods, that way it kicks in fast and predictably.

I like eating a teaspoon to a tablespoon of cannabis coconut oil straight up instead of mixing it with foods, that way it kicks in fast and predictably.

That's a great idea, I like being able to control my dose, and don't really care too much how it gets into me, as long as it is palatable. Do you decarb separately? Also, do you leave the plant material in? I do, with small doses I feel like filtering would loose a small amount, but it's not a large amount to begin with so I don't have much to spare.