• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Oral dosage?

blackmetalstoner

Bluelighter
So I picked up some hash oil from a friend tonight. I want to make make a 2 drinks for my and my girlfriend by cooking some of the oil in coconut oil. We both smoke flower daily and have for a many years and have fairly high tolerance to this. Neither of us have ever orally consumed THC tho. I was woundering about how much hash oil I should use and how much coconut oil is needed. I have around a gram and a half of oil

You can't just eat hash and expect it to work.

You gotta cook with it.

UTFSE and I am sure you will find something quick and easy.

blackmetalstoner - there's a large number of assumptions I'm going to make, but here goes.

The honey oil that I have been buying is 60-80%THC, so 600-800 mg in a 1 g syringe of oil. Let's say your hash oil is the same. So you've got 900-1200 mg THC at a guess.

You guys smoke a fair bit? People who say this seem to be okay with ~50 mg THC for a first time edible dose. A bit more than 1/10 of your oil will have about 100-130 mg. I don't know if your oil is decarboxylated and I've never done that it's oils, so finding out how (or if) to decarboxylated is a bit beyond me.

After that, I'd make a hot chocolate with whole milk/mint. Add your spoonful coconut oil/hash oil, stir and enjoy.

You've got enough such that if you start low and it isn't quite strong enough, you can increase it for the next time.

Good luck

Tom