• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oral diamorphine (white heroin)

Fertile

Bluelighter
Has anyone ever come across the 5mg 'jacks' of diamorphine. Formally used for injection but now limited to oral administration (not sterile so was bad idea)?

Is it significantly different to oral morphine?

I’ve taken heroin and related esters orally. It feels like a more bioavailable morphine but lacks the something that separates the two.

-GC

Oh - well thanks for that. I presumed it would rapidly be hydrolized but not sure how much. If it's more potent then at least some of it is available orally.

I noted that dipropenyl morphine was the OG 'designer drug' in the 1930s.

Oh - well thanks for that. I presumed it would rapidly be hydrolized but not sure how much. If it's more potent then at least some of it is available orally.

I noted that dipropenyl morphine was the OG 'designer drug' in the 1930s.

Yup along with dibenzoylmorphine, both of which came along right after heroin was made illegal. The mono benzoyl ester I’ve tasted on numerous occasions orally, when I was going through cancer treatments.

All of it hydrolyzes before the brain but the acetyl esterfication allows more to get there. On top of that, if you’re a daily user with a tolerance expect an even greater bioavailability compared to a naive user. It’s a viable option just have to expect an all morphine effect profile.

-GC

Yeah - DBM was tested in UK hospitals. No clinical advantage BUT it would not have required quite the stringent paperwork use of H brings.

Now dipropenyl morphine would really be interesting to know about. About as rare as hens teeth, I reckon.

Well maybe you aren't susceptible to the conscious effects? As long as it deals with pain should you ever need it for such, that's a good thing.

Yeah - DBM was tested in UK hospitals. No clinical advantage BUT it would not have required quite the stringent paperwork use of H brings.

Now dipropenyl morphine would really be interesting to know about. About as rare as hens teeth, I reckon.

DBM doesn’t hydrolyze quite as easily as DAM. So theoretically it could make for a better sublingual/oral medication. It also lasts longer which is advantageous for numerous reasons and less reinforcing.

-GC

Well H isn't active. It's 6-MAM that has the high receptor for MOR. So does DBM mimic H or M? I can see the obvious utility of having a form of morphine with a slower onset and longer duration of action for medical purposes. The increase in MW should reduce potency to that of M which would also be a clinical advantage.

I noted that when acetylpropenyl morphine turned up, they DID seek to make the 6 the acetyl. I don't know if that is clever analysis or an artifact of the synthetic process.