Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Oral Activity of blotter sized drugs

lolwhatzdrugs

Bluelighter
Just curious, from what I understand:

Nbom's - not orally active
AL-LAD / LSD / LSZ - orally active

Are there any I'm missing? Are the DOx series active orally? Looking in Pihkal he doesn't mention ROA, I assume they are

DOx series are indeed orally active
NBOMe's and likely the related NBOH compounds are the only drugs which can fit on blotter and not be active through the oral ROA

DOx series are indeed orally active
NBOMe's and likely the related NBOH compounds are the only drugs which can fit on blotter and not be active through the oral ROA

That's what I thought.

What about novel compounds derived from saliva, or must these all be smoked?
At a quick glance it looks like those must be smoked/buccal, but I don't see anywhere that negates it being orally active.

salvinorin-A is active sublingually/buccally, I don't think it is orally but I'm not positive.

I never even thought of salvinorin-A, I'm pretty sure it isn't active orally since I've never heard of salvia tea, only chewing the fresh leaves and smoking the dried extracts and leaves.
Ugghhhh imagine getting a strong salvinorin-A blotter thinking it was NBOMe and spending a couple hours in salvia land

I never even thought of salvinorin-A, I'm pretty sure it isn't active orally since I've never heard of salvia tea, only chewing the fresh leaves and smoking the dried extracts and leaves.
Ugghhhh imagine getting a strong salvinorin-A blotter thinking it was NBOMe and spending a couple hours in salvia land

A true horror indeed! And I've only spent seconds there!

A true horror indeed! And I've only spent seconds there!

Time has no meaning in this space..
.. nothing really has a meaning
Its like your reborn with a fresh brain then smashed in the face with all the information in the universe, completely unfiltered.
The mind recoils into delirium as we try to make sense of the senseless..

imateacupimateacupimateacupimateacupimateacup...

I know a lot of people who work with NBOMes in their salt forms and claim they're orally active and it's only the freebases that aren't orally active - not sure why I haven't bothered to post about this now. There's a bit about it over on Shroomery as well and some other sites, I was wondering if anyone else has tried taking a regular sublingual dose of an NBOMe in salt form and found it worked just fine orally?

As wacky as it sounds after we've pretty much been saying NBOMes aren't orally active for so long now it could actually be plausible considering when they first became available at least every place I saw stocking them started off stocking freebase, and then complexed freebase, and it was only later HCl and other salts started to take hold - so it's possible we've been going on what was true to begin with when we were dealing with the freebase, but the salts are orally active after all.

Anyone with any experience? In particular I've heard it most about 25C-NBOMe so I'm wondering if it's specific to 25C, specific to salts, not true at all to begin with and people are just dealing with higher doses they realise and absorbing it sublingually, or taking powder in which case it probably would be absorbed sublingually anyway unless they cap it.

I do have some 25D-NBOMe HCl myself but only 2mg and I'm not one to waste material if it's all false, but there's been a fair amount of people claiming oral activity, saying they even cap their powder/blotters too.

Not into the NBOMes so my hand is down on this one.

Some one with the theoretical knowledge and supply whip up some HCl and some Base form, take them capped orally a week apart!

Get a friend to decide which to give you if you wanna make it a kinda blind placebo dealy. ;)

At some oral dose it's likely that salvinorin A and the NBOMes and co. are active orally, simply because whatever enzyme (I presume an enzyme) is breaking them down into inactive metabolites will all be bound up. I have access to 25C HCl, so I could try it out sometime (not that anybody couldn't just put their freebase in orange juice/vinegar to make the citrate/acetate forms -- think that would work, anyways). I'm pretty damned sure it's not active at anywhere near the reportedly active sublingual doses, considering how "complexing" the freebase has been reported to substantially heighten potency, and that NBOMe freebases would be converted to their HCl salts by stomach acid.

If indeed the salt forms are orally active, experimenting to find this, likely, relatively far-higher-than-buccal dose, will be both prohibitively time consuming to do safely and potentially extremely dangerous not to be done in a time consuming manner should they be active. So I don't think we'll ever know, nor is their much reason to find out, until somebody does the experiment on rats or something.

I think this is the safest way to look at it and most reasonable conclusion. Don't go eating a gram of some NBOMe! ;)

From Erowid to update:

Forms
The NBOMes were first sold as freebase powders. Because of debate about the compounds' oral bioavailability, it became standard practice to take them buccally (held in the mouth, not swallowed). Manufacturers sometimes also apply a procedure to "complex" the NBOMes with "HPBCD" (a ring-shaped cyclodextrin sugar molecule), which helps them pass through the body's membranes. Many people report that the HPBCD-complexed NBOMes are more potent than the un-complexed versions. Due to the intricacies of buccal and oral preparations, some people choose instead to insufflate NBOMes in liquid form. As of June 2013, there still seems to be substantial confusion about the effectiveness/potency of different forms (freebase, HCl salt, complexed freebase) and routes of administration.

Luckily the three hits I just took were only slightly metallic, and I've had some bitter ass blotter before (DOx/Unknown assumed NBOMe).

My proposed experiment:

Three blotter or liquid doses (500ug, for safety) of 25x NBOMe are prepared (Although I want this done with NBOH too at some point) where 2 are HCL and one is complexed or freebase. Freebase is taken buccually, experience is noted. Then, in 2 weeks, repeat with HCL. Then, 2 weeks later, the HCl is immediatly swallowed and effects are noted. Could be repeated with complexed to see if that is oral as well!

I've never had a visual NBOMe trip I suspect because I swallow a lot. Other people held it longer and tripped harder.

Liquid, with the things capsuled, by complexed you mean the cyclodextrin?" Though I think that the second part of psood0nym's paragraph should be emphasized.

I have just heard rumors of people saying that they had orally active 25x chems. While not backed up by much of anything, it should be tested to see if the "swallow your tabs" prevention method works for the 3 main available forms of 25x chems.

I completely agree, and your experiment seems fine. Just could be dangerous so safety must be emphasized!