• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom OPMS WTF MAN?

bmxgroupie

Bluelighter
Hello all, so I picked up 2 shots of OPMS Black after work tonight and when I got home, I opened them up and saw this …..

My first thought was are they old, expired or something? I shouldn’t use these. It looks like brown paste in there. But then I thought no, it’s probably super concentrated Kratom sludge, maybe a fuckup at the factory or something.
So I popped them and I’ll let y’all know if I die ok.

Oh and I’ll be playing Red Dead Redemption online. User name sbtlrockrblyn if you want to take a shot at me.

Haha what the heck, yeah i wouldn't consume it.

I had some OPMS gold recently (the black ones i dont like, seems to have more nausea and no more of a high, but definitely more sedating) and it had some concerning particulates, but looked nothing like that gunk. I couldn't bring myself to eat that sludge. If i were in that situation I'd either throw it away or mix with half a shot of vodka.

im feeling righteous rite about now. That's the perfect word for it, but the more I look at it and say it, its turning into one of those words that looses its meaning and just sounds weird :/ Concerning particulates aye? like what exactly?

Last edited:

I had some OPMS gold recently (the black ones i dont like, seems to have more nausea and no more of a high, but definitely more sedating) and it had some concerning particulates, but looked nothing like that gunk. I couldn't bring myself to eat that sludge. If i were in that situation I'd either throw it away or mix with half a shot of vodka.
it's crazy looking right? Well it did it's job and I dont feel like im about to die so i think i made the right choice here. lol kratom is so random, you never know what your gonna get.

Concerning particulates, like what exactly?

I take way more opms than I care to admit over the past 5 years. I've definitely had the shots with sludge like that. It's probably not the safest but I always just ate it. I'm a heavy kratom user though, been dependent for a decade reaching 100gpd plus extract.

I imagine if they been sitting for a long time and have gotten really cold through storage shit just fell out….

I think it's just the extract settling on the bottom... they were probably stored upside down. Seems like kratom extracts aren't actually water soluble, generally, so they're just tiny, tiny particles floating suspended in the liquid. So over time, they collect into a goop. If you shake it up, it should be liquid again. I don't think it's anything to worry about. Don't quote me on that, though. I have bought shots that had some chunks like that too, I consumed them with no issues. For what it's worth.

Firstly I'm pretty new to posting here, and wasn't sure whether to start a new thread or revive this one because I feel it's relevant, so I apologize if this has already been discussed and I'm committing any kind of faux pas.

I revived this thread to say that I've had many many, of these (although I prefer the capsules) and what you had is pretty typical for OPMS Black shots. It's pretty thick stuff to the point where it usually sticks to the bottom of the bottom and requires a 'lil rinse and shake to get the rest out.

I don't have the label of one handy, but if it's to be believed, the only difference between the black and the gold (besides more Mitragynine per dose) is the 7-Hydroxymitragynine content.

Gold%20card%203ct%20back.jpg
black-opms-5ct-back.jpg

As you can see there 25 times more 7-Hydroxymitragynine in the black than the gold.

I haven't taken the gold in a while because it's a much more mild experience, akin to large amounts of dried leaf. When I take the black (usually 4-5 capsules) it ABSOLUTELY feels like a full agonist. I'm talking pinned pupils, raspy voice, everything. I would compare it to something like ~30mg of oxycodone but lasting longer. It has given me more or less complete relief from (mild) suboxone withdrawals, and also oxycodone withdrawals, which I am still kind of astounded by.

I'm curious if anybody else is familiar with these OPMS extracts and has had a similar experience as myself in regards to the black being so much stronger, and feeling like a full agonist. The difference in potency between 7-Hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine, and the 25 fold increase between the two, leads me to think that perhaps the gold contains a sub threshold dose of 7-OH, while in the black it's basically primary substance, as opposed to mitragynine, which is why it is qualitatively so much different.

I'd love to hear from you.

Firstly I'm pretty new to posting here, and wasn't sure whether to start a new thread or revive this one because I feel it's relevant, so I apologize if this has already been discussed and I'm committing any kind of faux pas.

I revived this thread to say that I've had many many, of these (although I prefer the capsules) and what you had is pretty typical for OPMS Black shots. It's pretty thick stuff to the point where it usually sticks to the bottom of the bottom and requires a 'lil rinse and shake to get the rest out.

I don't have the label of one handy, but if it's to be believed, the only difference between the black and the gold (besides more Mitragynine per dose) is the 7-Hydroxymitragynine content.

Gold%20card%203ct%20back.jpg
black-opms-5ct-back.jpg

As you can see there 25 times more 7-Hydroxymitragynine in the black than the gold.

I haven't taken the gold in a while because it's a much more mild experience, akin to large amounts of dried leaf. When I take the black (usually 4-5 capsules) it ABSOLUTELY feels like a full agonist. I'm talking pinned pupils, raspy voice, everything. I would compare it to something like ~30mg of oxycodone but lasting longer. It has given me more or less complete relief from (mild) suboxone withdrawals, and also oxycodone withdrawals, which I am still kind of astounded by.

I'm curious if anybody else is familiar with these OPMS extracts and has had a similar experience as myself in regards to the black being so much stronger, and feeling like a full agonist. The difference in potency between 7-Hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine, and the 25 fold increase between the two, leads me to think that perhaps the gold contains a sub threshold dose of 7-OH, while in the black it's basically primary substance, as opposed to mitragynine, which is why it is qualitatively so much different.

I'd love to hear from you.
I've never tried OPMS gold, so I can't compare those.

However I much prefer OPMS black vs MIT 45. Talking about the liquid shots, not the pills.

OPMS black shot contains 180mg of mitragynine + added 7-OH. MIT 45 contains 250mg of mitragynine, but minimal 7-OH. The 7-OH must be added because no kratom has a ratio anywhere near that in the plant.

I seek opioid effects, so black is better. MIT 45 is way too stimulating and doesn't have that opioid ting to it. I do have very high tolerance, though.

7-OH and mitragynine pseudoindoxyl is where it's at. All of my favorite kratom stains have high amounts in these. Pseudoindoxyl is even more potent than 7-OH, but no lab tests for it so it's a bit of a mystery.

You do have to be skeptical about how much they list. Lab tests are always super vague and say <% and never list the actual amount. I've read hundreds of lab COAs and none list specific amounts. Almost all kratom vendors lie out their ass, too. No FDA regulations.

Plus, there is a bit of confusion because the minimal amount of studies there are say the bulk of 7-OH comes from mitragynine being metabolized in vivo by via 3a4 into 7-OH... but this is definitely in reference to kratom leaf not extracts.

But yeah, 7-OH-mitragynine is exponentially the more potent opioid compared to mitragynine itself. Too bad it has a short half life, because it's pretty awesome.

Last edited:
I've never tried OPMS gold, so I can't compare those.

However I much prefer OPMS black vs MIT 45. Talking about the liquid shots, not the pills.

OPMS black shot contains 180mg of mitragynine + added 7-OH. MIT 45 contains 250mg of mitragynine, but minimal 7-OH. The 7-OH must be added because no kratom has a ratio anywhere near that in the plant.

I seek opioid effects, so black is better. MIT 45 is way too stimulating and doesn't have that opioid ting to it. I do have very high tolerance, though.

7-OH and mitragynine pseudoindoxyl is where it's at. All of my favorite kratom stains have high amounts in these.

You do have to be skeptical about how much they list. Lab tests are always super vague and say <% and never list the actual amount. I've read hundreds of lab COAs and none list specific amounts.

Plus, there is a bit of confusion because the minimal amount of studies there are say the bulk of 7-OH comes from mitragynine being metabolized in vivo by via 3a4 into 7-OH... but this is definitely in reference to kratom leaf not extracts.

But yeah, 7-OH-mitragynine is exponentially the more potent opioid compared to mitragynine itself. Too bad it has a short half life, because it's pretty awesome.
I think the OPMS black shots are better than the gold as far as extracts go (I feel like it effects my nervous system more if that makes any sense) … I usually use them when I run outta painkillers for the month. The place I buy them they are always almost outta the black shots compared to the gold ones. I said to the guy behind the counter “Oh I guess the black shots are more popular since you’re usually almost outta them huh” & he said … “No actually the Gold ones are way more popular that’s why I usually don’t have to order the black ones as much.”
That was surprising to me.

I've heard a lot of people prefer gold as well. Kratom alkaloids seem to effect people wildly differently. Every batch is different, too. Even the extracts, because they're made with different batches of leaf which vary wildly in alkaloids.

From what I've seen younger people tend to prefer the more stimulating stuff, while older people and people with chronic pain prefer the more sedating/opioid stuff.

I've taken plenty of gold and the few times I've switched up and tried black it's always fucked me up in the worst kind of way. Nausea, headache, no high, that's what I usually get from black. Although to be fair I've been on kratom for nearly 5+ years straight at doses ranging from 15g/day to 40g/day. It's a very rare circumstance that even the strong extracts will give me a high anymore.

When I was sick in jail, I would've eaten a dead bird for some Heroin, let alone some gunk.

I assume it's fine, but don't take my word for it. It looks no different than some Opium that's gotten a little damp or hasn't been dehydrated yet. You can probably just reconstitute it with some water or more likely, some flavored juice or something.