• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Opium withdrawal possibility fallowing 5 day oral use?

KS78

Bluelighter
Hello. I'm an ex-addict (heroin and cocaine IV). I have been clean since 2010. I bought some opium recently and I' ve been eating around a pea size for about 5 days. Do you think that I'll get any withdrawal symptoms from a 5 day use? How would it compare (risk wise) to smoking opium? Finally, how long would it take to get addicted to it?
I'm pretty sure that even if I withdrawl, it won't be as bad as heroin but it still makes me a bit nervous.

With addictions, the more you were addicted, the less uses it takes to feel the withdrawal again. But with only 5 days I doubt it you will feel something, considering your past are you sure that you won't slip dabbling with opium? it might make you have a full relapse which would be unfortunate considering all your progress, 9 years sober from h and coke is something to be proud of!

about the 5 day part, don't worry, but stop as soon as you can! for example at the beginning it took you a few months-years to get to that nasty withdrawal feeling, as the times passes, instead of a few months it might take just a few weeks, so that's why I sugest stopping. can't you find an other drug from another class that suits your needs?

Thanks for your considerate reply. I know about the rapid onset of addiction with ex-addicts. That's why I stated that I was an ex-abuser. About another class of substance, unfortunately, as you know nothing compares to opiates. I'm quite scared, inpatient and tired to become a 24/7 junky now. On the other hand, I know how this could go downhill quite fast. I had chances to use H before but haven't yet. I respect the power of opium but decided to numb my brain as a present. If it was any other opiate or any other route other than oral, I wouldn't have the ego or the balls to dabble. Again, thanks for the great, fast reply.