• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opium vs Methadone?

Comparing Opium to Dones is like wine cooler to wild turkey.

I'd jsut take dones recreationally. MAYBE I'd smoke opium JUST to try it. ONe of my friends have and compared it to like taking a low mg viccodin.

Step 1 : Sell the methodone to someone who already has the habit.
Step 2 : Use newly acquire money to buy roxi/oxy/hydro for euphoric affect

Methadone is a useful drug for certain conditions, but not much for a high. If you are absolutely going to do it though, I would break that coffin in half and take 5 MG (you have no tolerance right ?) and then go from there. It would suck to die from a drug that is meant to help people who are hooked on opiates especially when you are not even hooked. GL and Have fun.

I'd jsut take dones recreationally. MAYBE I'd smoke opium JUST to try it. ONe of my friends have and compared it to like taking a low mg viccodin.

It was probably lettuce opium, something similar or your friend didnt have the vaporizing technique down...

It was probably lettuce opium, something similar or your friend didnt have the vaporizing technique down...

He isn't an opiate user. Almsot no tolerance. So either way still pretty low rec value.

I had only taken 5 mg yellow percs' a few times throughout 3 years when I first got my hands on a half oz. of opium.
It was by far my most euphoric experience while still in my twenties. It also lasted me close to two months, sharing.

He isn't an opiate user. Almsot no tolerance. So either way still pretty low rec value.

Opium has low rec value? These are the words of someone who's never tried it. It has amazing therapeutic value too.

Please do not make comparisoms to that which you have no experience with...
your (post) is not a fair recommendation to those that may get a chance to try opium for pain. Used correctly it is one of the best meds' for analgesia.

I get it thanks

I can most likely easily also get ahold of morphine pills lol would that be better than opium or methadone?? would it make me nodd out?

Im sure my cousin said they arent to hard on prescription drugs. Not to sure though*

I did opium last year, oral I was disappointed lol proberly because I didnt smoke it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha. People who say methadone has no recreational value are brain dead. Methadone is a very potent opiate, with all of the typical opiate effects. It has a long half-life and conversely takes a long time to "kick-in" after taking a dose. This obviously reduces abuse potential a little bit, but the fact is, you can still get rocked just as good as if you'd done a big shot of heroin. The high is just more spread out over time. I used and was addicted to and dependent on Heroin for years, and still found Methadone to be a nice little treat every once in a while due to its long duration of action and relatively cheap cost.

Now, the difference for me is that I am on Methadone Maintenance Therapy. While I may experience the occasional fleeting buzz after taking my dose, I am largely unaffected by the drug after taking it consistently for so long. This, however, is irrelevant to this topic.

As for your cousin. First off, I wish I was him so I could just skip down to the opium field and grab some opium to smoke whenever I pleased buy hey, what are you gonna do. As we all know, Opium is just a blend of codeine and morphine. Smoking it is gonna give you a rush, there's no real equivalent to that when using methadone, even if you inject it. The fact is though, Oral Methadone should be WAY more potent than smoking raw opium. Obviously the credibility of this statement varies based upon dose.

Hah, I doubt 99.9% of the population can skip down to the opium field. I see that ending with boom, headshot. Or rat-tat-tat cuz it's fully automatic.

@OP, You've never done morphine before? (your low-dose experience with oral opium aside)

methadone can certainly be recreational...the warm feeling of it kicking in when you're sick is absolutely heavenly, in a way almost nicer than the taste/itchies of IV/IM heroin. the last time I got on maintenance at a clinic i said "methadone" when asked about my DoC in total honesty; i was homeless and methadone was just such a better value both in cost per amount of effect and how much longer it would keep you well.

opium though...it's such a dream of mine. i've never come across it, but during my 45-day stay in an inpatient detox i heard many people saying that it's widely used among the Persian community here in LA. i sooo want to make some Black Drop/Godfrey's Cordial/other laudanum formulation and get down like the Romantics. i had previously considered it pointless due to my ridiculous heroin/methadone tolerance but it is finally a possibility omg~

Hah, I doubt 99.9% of the population can skip down to the opium field. I see that ending with boom, headshot. Or rat-tat-tat cuz it's fully automatic.

@OP, You've never done morphine before? (your low-dose experience with oral opium aside)

You have no business killing my dreams tricomb

lol so is 5mg a good dose? is 10mg far to much then?

Lol Persian people are opium freaks, all my mates in Iran abuse opium, its SO cheap you can get a chunk of black opium for like 30 pounds max. But now they are starting to to meth which sucks, as the quality is disturbingly low in Iran 7 pounds for a gram.. way too many shitty labs are making it. My cousins friend OD because of it.

So how does 10mg of methadone compare to heroin for someone with no tolerance? of course the methadone wont give me the rush, but over than that can 10mg methadone for someone with no opiate tolerance give a heroin like feeling? (other than the rush).

Or would smoking the Iranian opium (chasing the dragon) or maybe oral (which I didnt like) be closer to a good heroin experience?

I might be able to get morphine pills, not sure what mg, but would that be close to heroin?

I cant get oxy and shit in Iran. Just methadone, raw opium or morphine pills.

What would you reccomend would be best?

No the only opiates ive done is codeine like 3 or 3 times between 200mg and 350mg (didnt like it all) and I ate raw opium a couple of times and got little effects, was expecting much more. I did smoke it once sort of proberly, but it did end up burning at times, but the effects where ALOT better than oral.

It sucks, I just want a close experience to heroin. MY cousin can actually get me heroin, because is so cheap and easy to get.. lol
but he says there is no way he is getting my heroin as im not ready for it. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the thing, I just want to NODD OUT on an opiate and get some MILD rush from it. I cant get oxy or any these. Only methadone 10mg (or something like that), raw opium from Iran, and morphine pills (not sure how many mg)

Which one of these will give me what i want, or closest to it? nodding out, getting a heroin like feeling, feeling awsome and maybe some sort of rush?

I need to make a choice :( I wish I could do heroin pfffft impossible to find in England. And my cousin wont get it for me in Iran as hes against heroin, werid.. as he does methadone and opium it self lol

PEople keep saying that, but I dont know how to use it, I dont think i will ever learn. I click on reply to people posts to reply to them? what do i do wrong? I cant find any edit

PEople keep saying that, but I dont know how to use it, I dont think i will ever learn. I click on reply to people posts to reply to them? what do i do wrong? I cant find any edit button