• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opium from poppy seeds. Aka cooked flake opium?

jinzo11

Greenlighter
hello. I am going to get straight to the point. After a lot of research this is what I have so far.

Poppy seeds.

Washed poppy seeds are useless. Unwashed poppy seeds have latex coatings that contain alkaloids. Poppy seed tea does in fact work and can be powerful enough to kill someone if you don't know what you are doing and get a powerful batch, hence why poppy seed tea is wildly unpredictable.

Heres the thing though, I do not care about the tea. I am way more interested in getting the gunky stuff. (Before I continue I should note that I am a noob when it comes to opiates, I have never done opium or heroin, I do not want to do heroin.)

I have read conflicting stuff but this is what I gathered so far.. If you get good quality UNWASHED seeds, you WILL get the gunky opium-like stuff if you let the water (or alcohol) evaporate, it's inevitable. While I know this is not "true" opium, it's still similar, right? I know that direct flame on this will destroy most of the alkaloids, but if you vaporize or put it in shisha for example you can get really, really high. Can anyone confirm this.

I wish I could get opium, but sadly I cannot it is far too rare. I wanted occasional opium to be my drug of choice mixed in with some shisha to relax in a blanket of euphoria every now and then. I am a responsible drug user, I do not want to touch blow ever again because of how harmful it is and I have concluded that i want opiates to be my occasional drug due to how easy it is on the body. (yes, I know that it is highly highly addictive)

Now for the questions if someone could please enlighten me.

1. So the whole unpredictable nature of the poppy seed tea.. Would this mean that skipping the tea step and letting the water evaporate to get the gum, be a safer, more gaugable route? For example, lets say with one batch you yielded 0.5 of gum. Next week you try new seeds and you end up with 3 grams of gum. Would this mean that the seeds that yielded the 3 grams of gum (lets say we used 1 pound of seeds) would have gotten you way higher? Or is that not how it works. I guess what I'm asking is, is the yield result of the gum a good indication of how hard the brew would have fucked you up? Or is it possible that the 0.5 gum from last weeks batch maybe was still more potent due to being more alkaloid dense..

2. Is it hard to die from smoking this opium gum? For example, lets say you got 4 pounds of very nice seeds and got a nice gum yield. So you mix it all in with some sisha tobacco, invite 2 friends over and away you guys smoke. Lets say the opium you put in was very potent. Will I fall asleep before I can even reach enough to get respiratory failure? I know that poppy seed tea can kill you.. but would smoking it be different in the sense that you could tell you are way too messed up to proceed with the next hit from the pipe thus not dying..

If anyone here that has successfully done the gum extraction from poppy seeds, could you please share your experience. I mean it technically should be just like opium right..? It has the morphine, codeine and 20+ other alkaloids that are naturally found in opium? So whats the difference?

I read that smoking this gum properly is actually way more potent than the tea and is a way more euphoric high. I also heard the high from this (and opium) is more dreamy and psychedelic like

If you are evaporating the water and getting the"gum" it's the same as distilling a wine. When you distill all of the goodies are left behind but the extra bs is gone ie water. You are left with a more pure product(more concentrated). So if you have say 30mgs of morphine in a 20oz tea extraction and then cook it down to the "gum" you will have a lot less weight but the same amount of goodies,does that make sense?
I've never done the gum but have drank the tea and it is very unpredictable from one batch to the next just go slow man and be careful.

Did you really like cocaine, use it (as in ocassionally) for a while, and not really have bad reactions? While the best thing risk wise is to not use anything, to be realistic most people hereare not going to do that. Cocaine, while potentially pyschologically addictive in some people, is not some insane killer drug like often made out to be by the media and I feel like if you end up having success with getting opioids out of this now you are trying another substance that you don't know how you will react to (if you are only doing this because you enjoyed cocaine but feel it is insanely risky- statistically speaking alcohol consumption is more dangerous than cocaine consumption; and I know I wish I had stuck with coke which I was able to control and used infrequently instead of moving on to opioids). Opioids, while they don't cause long term physical damage in the sense something like alcohol does are very addictive. Now poppy tea is pretty weak, but either you will be sucessful or you won't at getting high and once you feel it you might like it and keep using.

Not saying coke is harmless, far from it. But going from coke to opioids (especially if you find that coke use is pretty infrequent) is not something that may be less harmful due to opioids causing addiction in many people I knew who were able to keep it together with coke. Plenty of people start out with weak opioids like the teas, tramadol, codeine, etc. and end up moving on to stronger stuff. I haven't used the seeds, but found pod tea to be roughly the equivalent of a few hydrocodone at a decent dose.

Not trying to make coke sound good, but going from coke to opioids isn't necessarily going to be less harmful.

Last edited:
Trust me. I know a lot about coke. I used to think coke is pretty safe in moderation but nope, it's a poison. It is a very potent vasoconstrictor and it blocks sodium channels. I can give a number of other reasons why coke (In my opinion) is not a safe drug. But it makes you numb, that alone should give you an idea how horrible it is for the heart. It truly is the perfect heart attack drug.

I never had bad reactions to blow and the shit I was doing was clean. I thought that the cleaner the blow the less harmful right? Well that may be true but the COKE itself is just so terrible for your cardiovascular system man.

I do not care about addictive aspect when it comes to drugs, I don't include that in my idea of a harmful drug. I just care about what its doing to the body and how badly it is damaging it, and the fact is (at least from what I read) opiates don't really do any damage at all (IF USED IN MODERATION)

So I agree, opiates are probably the most addictive drugs there is but I have good self control and I am responsible, and like I said I have no reason to ever want to try heroin. I just want some nice opium gum to smoke every now and then, thats all. I don't even smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol.

yeah, i know but what I meant is, is the amount of gum leftover an indication of how potent that batch of tea would have been? Of how good the seeds were?

Because people say the tea is unpredictable right? Well if you evaporated it so you could SEE how much of the gum was in the tea, isn't that in theory way safer than just drinking the tea because now you have the actual drug and can judge how much you need

Trust me. I know a lot about coke. I used to think coke is pretty safe in moderation but nope, it's a poison. It is a very potent vasoconstrictor and it blocks sodium channels. I can give a number of other reasons why coke (In my opinion) is not a safe drug. But it makes you numb, that alone should give you an idea how horrible it is for the heart. It truly is the perfect heart attack drug.

I never had bad reactions to blow and the shit I was doing was clean. I thought that the cleaner the blow the less harmful right? Well that may be true but the COKE itself is just so terrible for your cardiovascular system man.

I do not care about addictive aspect when it comes to drugs, I don't include that in my idea of a harmful drug. I just care about what its doing to the body and how badly it is damaging it, and the fact is (at least from what I read) opiates don't really do any damage at all (IF USED IN MODERATION)

So I agree, opiates are probably the most addictive drugs there is but I have good self control and I am responsible, and like I said I have no reason to ever want to try heroin. I just want some nice opium gum to smoke every now and then, thats all. I don't even smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol.
Ok you are either a big dipshit or a minor and I've wasted to much of my life on this thread! You are saying addictive aspects don't equal harmful? well when you are so addicted and you re robing your family for dope money tell us how much self control you have then. Do you know what an addict is? It's a person with no self control so how you can dismiss that bad affect(addictive aspect) a drug does to a person as not being important shows you are fucking stupid or naïve!

famous last words of all people addicted to opiates.

I've never had success boiling down the tea you do get something that looks, feels and tastes very much like opium but even eating it doesn't do much. I gave up trying a long time ago. But I never did more than a pound wash that was more than enough to get me extremely stoned just from tea at the time though.

I think it would require extensive chemical knowledge. Which to be honest if you have the know how and the mean to do this, you can probably find something better.

yeah i have tried it too.. with pods. never got it to work.. id stick to tea if thats your thing. u will most likely end up wasting a lot of material.

famous last words of all people addicted to opiates.

So true, I can't even count the amount of times I said that and really believed it... 5 years later I'm on my second round of BMT (after an awful IV heroin x cocaine habit that's taken up most of the last few years if I wasn't in MMT or BMT)

Addiction is not something you can self-control your way out of. The general in charge of the United States Special Forces, who was a member of the Special Forces himself, came out and admitted that he had become addicted to pain meds (opioids) and that he could not stop. Regardless of what you think of war, the government, etc. the spec. ops people probably have the most willpower of just about anyone and there have been problems with addiction even there.

Are there people who use opioids and are not addicted and don't become addicted? Yes, I've seen it. But there is a wide disagreement as to how many people become addicted (it is definitely a very significant risk with the people who study it and say the lowest numbers probably being 1 out of 4 and the highest probably 4 out of 5- and 1 out of 4 chances of becoming an addict is a huge risk still). And I think that the people who don't become addicted are not doing it through self-control; I think it is just how their brain is (genetics, etc.) and so essentially is luck.

So I have a fair amount of experience with poppy tea ( not pst, in the uk we can buy dried pods still, makes for a more consistent produce ) I have made the tea with IPA and left it to evaporate and smoked the gum before. HONESTLY if this is really your ball game just drink the tea it far better than smoking the gum, If you wanna smoke something smoke H (PLEASE DONT DO HEROIN ON MY ADVICE HERE IM JUST SAYING TO PROVE A POINT) Heroin is essentially just refined opium and 100x better than any gum you will ever make. So basically just don't fucking bother with opiates, you have no reason to at all and they are certainly not the social experience you seem to think they are, they are a door to a very dark and lonely life with very little to no redemption, especially jumping in the deep end.

dude what the hell. I've done oxy plenty of times and never got hooked, not even close. I haven't done oxy in like a year. I love it but only in moderation, and I would rather have some opium instead of pills or heroin. It's just my personal choice, I don't care if opium is not as strong as oxy I would just love to have some at hand so whenever I need to relax on a friday night I can just smoke up. I would use weed but weed is the only drug that I can't handle ironically.

ty for the info but again I disagree man. Jesus fucking christ I know PLENTY of arabs who used to smoke opium back home and none of them are addicts or even close, one of these arabs is a pharmacist and the others are all business owners. Addiction in my opinion only occurs when the envrionment is right, meaning your life is shit, you have too much money or time on your hand, or you are just a very weak person. I can't afford to get addicted to anything,you don't understand. I have very thick skin I do not allow myself to get controlled by a substance, it just can't happen. Even if lets say I was forced to do heroin everyday for 2 months, yes I would be HOOKED, but I would fight through the withdrawal. It's about strength and willpower.. I know I sound like a little dipshit right now but I am a tough motherfucker and getting addicted to anything is just silly to me because growing up I went through some REALLY bad shit, so getting "addicted" to a substance is at the very bottom of my worry list.

ty for the answer. I'm confused, some say the tea is way more potent and others say when you correctly smoke the latex gum it is more intense and you get a way stronger rush but lasts shorter obviously. I also am reading that the way you smoke it matters hugely. Direct flame destroys it, while vaporizing it or mixing it with shisha tobacco and letting the coal do its work, is the way to go.

I am not looking for the best bang for your buck here. Even if the tea is better I want to make the gum and have it for whenever I feel like mixing it with some shisha.

I read a thread where some guy made the gum from seeds, lined up a cig with it and he said he started nodding off before he could even finish the cigarette??

I read other success stories but I also read people saying it doesn't do anything at all. So I'm confused as hell

1. So the whole unpredictable nature of the poppy seed tea.. Would this mean that skipping the tea step and letting the water evaporate to get the gum, be a safer, more gaugable route? For example, lets say with one batch you yielded 0.5 of gum. Next week you try new seeds and you end up with 3 grams of gum. Would this mean that the seeds that yielded the 3 grams of gum (lets say we used 1 pound of seeds) would have gotten you way higher? Or is that not how it works. I guess what I'm asking is, is the yield result of the gum a good indication of how hard the brew would have fucked you up? Or is it possible that the 0.5 gum from last weeks batch maybe was still more potent due to being more alkaloid dense..

2. Is it hard to die from smoking this opium gum? For example, lets say you got 4 pounds of very nice seeds and got a nice gum yield. So you mix it all in with some sisha tobacco, invite 2 friends over and away you guys smoke. Lets say the opium you put in was very potent. Will I fall asleep before I can even reach enough to get respiratory failure? I know that poppy seed tea can kill you.. but would smoking it be different in the sense that you could tell you are way too messed up to proceed with the next hit from the pipe thus not dying..

Though the total amount of psycho-active material will not be predictable from batch to batch, each batch can and should be gauged independently, and reducing the total product to a smokable resin would be a safer option than ingesting it. "Slow and Low". every batch.

What is it about wasting time that is so intriguing...like me responding to this ridiculous question ?

The point is you can't just boil it down and have a smokeable product for whatever reason without some further refining. I think this would be outside of the scope of bluelight and into chemical synthesis. I believe I tried some extremely simple extractions with grain alcohol and regular alcohol and still came out with nothing but I'm very bad at chemistry. I've never known anyone to get anything by simply boiling down the product.

This thread makes me sad.

What is it with people and smoking substances, I don't understand why it seems to be so many peoples go to method when it's actually very inefficient. I've seen threads about people smoking PST, Oxy, Benzos, etc.

My my theory is that for whatever reason people find that smoking lessens the severity of what there doing, maybe because the act of smoking is such a socially acceptable/everyday thing to do. But I'm no psychologist, just noticing a pattern.