• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opium first time used question

Lassbakeca

Greenlighter
So, was gifted opium from a friend from India. It looked like, I dunno, wax. It was hard. Friend said just break off a piece and eat it. BF smoked it. I ate it. Very small chunk. Tasted, like eating a Xanax if I had to compare it. I don't know if this was black tar. Whatev. Too embarrassed to ask gifter. Anyway. Loved it. So mellow. it lasted a long time. I was dozing and not sleeping all night. My question is, how is this different from herion? I don't want to travel down that road. I've done this opium three times now. What exactly is this? Can I overdoes? Would love to tell friends to do together but not if the risk is huge. I mean am I crazy or is this the perfect drug? No come down. No craving. No anything but hours of mellow. Nothing is this easy. What's the deal?

Opium is bad for your health and addictive dont do it pal trust me

Opium is from the poppy flower, same as heroin. It's just as addictive and yes you can overdose on it. Use with caution.

Thank you all. I hear you and will drop it. Thankfully, the friend doesn't live close by. @pillpopper, especially. You answered exactly what I needed to know I had never seen it before. I knew it was too good to be true and the last thing I need is to derail chasing that high.
Love and light

if i were in your shoes, i would save it for special occasions, taking the absolute lowest dose to get the good feeling, then leave it for another day. this way you will maintain low tolerance and it will last longer. respect your gift and use it sparingly. you don't want to go down the road of needing more and more and losing control. although i realize how hard it is to stay away from something that makes you feel good.