• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

& (opioids) - Sleeping on Amphetamine & Hydrocodone... Ouch.

Ventrusii

Bluelighter
Sleeping on Amphetamine & Hydrocodone... Ouch.

I make no claim to being a logical person when I'm high, alright? Just remember that.

So a while back, I got a babysitting job for two really nice kids and decided to make the night twice the fun by having some Hydrocodone and also getting $50 for watching these kids for a few hours. I took the Hydrocodone and started babysitting, and a few hours later, the parents came back because the wife felt sick and couldn't stay out, so I was paid less but still a nice chunk for watching the kids, and I was requested to come to where my family was in the neighborhood, because it was supposedly their friend's birthday. I decided to stop home first and pick up enough Hydrocodone to make my overall dose 26.25mg and then 40mg adderall, in case I felt my respiratory rate was getting too low (I had taken a decent CYP3A4 inhibitor, and I didn't know how it would react because this was supposed to be the day I tested it). I ended up saying "fuck it" before I even got out the door, and took it sublingually while walking to the party. (Turns out the party was for me too because my birthday was around then :D) I then had the night of my life with people I absolutely hate (as in the kids at the party, I don't like kids who have the mindset of "I'm the boss", and don't like these people specifically), I was dancing with them, singing songs, finding everything so hilarious, and just feeling like "who even cares if life has a purpose" I was so happy. After the party, about 3 or 4 hours later, I went home. I was pretty worn out from the party, and I didn't feel it of course, the amphetamine is great for reducing fatigue, and I decided to lie down in bed with my computer and planned to spend the rest of my high doing random shit and loving it and then falling asleep in the morning to sleep through that Sunday.

What was that? Oh right, that was the sound of the cliche "Incorrect answer" buzz.

I got into bed with my computer, and within 30 minutes I was out cold. Somehow, I had fallen asleep with 40mg adderall in my system, ~4 or 5 hours after dosing it. How the fuck is that even possible?!? I have days where I take 40mg at 6AM for school and have lots of trouble falling asleep that night at 10 or 11! Aside from the fact that somehow the hydrocodone was strong enough to completely reverse the effects of the adderall, this is where the trouble sets in.

I woke up the next morning later than usual, and let me tell you, from the moment I got up I knew the day was going to be shitty. I woke up with a headache (not dehydration, I hydrate enough.), anger in my mindset, and a limp because my calf was killing me for some reason (probably from falling off of the top of this kid's park playset. Didn't think of the fact that I was on painkillers at the time). I felt the worst I had since I had an eating disorder, I just felt like pure death was manifesting itself in the material world through me. The headache got worse and progressed into a stress headache and a migraine at the same time, somehow, and wouldn't react at all to my little savior for most ailments, Ibuprofen. The agonizing mental state persisted all day and I was relieved to go to sleep and successfully sleep it off.

My question is, is it the fact that I went to sleep on so large an amount of stimulants that caused my ailments the next day, or was it merely going to happen one time or another, because that was the comedown of an Opioid-Amphetamine combo? Anyone else had anything similar? Share your experience if you want to, I'll give a response to anyone who does! :)

Last edited:
Hmm, this was rather interesting to read.

Stimulants are known to make one active for prolonged periods of time. Your experience is contrary to that belief, but for what reason I wonder? I myself do not have much experience in the stimulant department; I've taken Adderall only once. You took 26 mg of hydrocodone, which doesn't seem to be high of a dose to me (but everybody is different), but you also took a hydrocodone enzyme inhibitor. It was also your first time testing the inhibitor, so I'm guessing that the inhibitor really kicked ass at inhibiting metabolism of hydrocodone.

I'm willing to bet that your comedown most likely was the direct result of the combination of opioid and stimulant that you took. I know you said you hydrate yourself well, but you can't hydrate yourself when you're asleep, so the amphetamine probably sapped out all your hydration while you were sleeping and this effect was then amplified by the hydrocodone's having been metabolized already. In other words, upon waking = major headache and dehydration. I have never taken a stimulant with an opioid, so I wouldn't be able to relate to your consequential ailments.

I've taken 30 mg of hydrocodone and 6 mg of alprazolam, and I didn't fall asleep easily anyway, which is weird considering you took a lesser amount of hydrocodone and with a stimulant. As for comedowns, I have never really experienced any with any drug other than alprazolam. I took 8 mg of alprazolam, blacked out for a day and a half, and then later found myself feeling extremely depressed and without motivation to do anything.

Hopefully other users can help us in finding out how why what happened happened.

Edit: A lot of the times when one has done opioids, he will not know that he hurt himself prior to having taken them, so he might wake up with a bruise here or a gouge there. Having fallen off the playset probably did hurt you, but you thought nothing of it because you were excited and your pain responses were dulled. Then you woke up to a bad leg. :eek:

But glad to hear you had a great time! %)

Well thank you for your interest in my story, Cocaine_Brain!

I took Valerian root extract (5:1). Not sure the exact weight, but I took about 2 00 capsules full of it, so from 1-2g. I realize now that dehydration due to sleeping on adderall normally doesn't effect me in any noticeable way because the concentration is so low by the time I get to sleep anyways, so it can't exert much of an effect, so thank you for helping me better understand my killer headache!

Your Hydrocodone and Alpazolam combo, 6mg Alpazolam is apparently a very heavy dose according to one source, so if that's true, with 30mg being an ample dose of Hydrocodone, you did risk a dangerous amount of respiratory depression. I'm going to assume, then, you have a tolerance to one or both of the combined substances, because you're still here today (thankfully so). As for your 8mg Alpazolam dose comedown, GABA comedowns are sure a bitch. I would take the withdrawl I experienced after the experience you already read about over another megadose of a GABAa or GABAb agonist/pos. allosteric modulator. I only have experience with coming down from an incredibly large dose of Phenibut (Throwing up(Phenibut specific, so I've heard), felt sick as all hell, depression, memory problems, and couldn't sleep the next night) and I can't even imagine how much worse it is to come off of something that agonizes GABAa.

When I fell off of the playset-type thing, I assumed I truly wasn't hurt because even though I was on painkillers, I have a tolerance to pain when I'm sober to the point of slamming my hand into bleachers while playing "team handball" and playing the rest of the tourney without even thinking much of my hand even though it looked quite off, and it turned out I had fucked up my hand pretty bad, something on the pinky-side had to be re-set or something like that and it got briused so badly that I couldn't write without thinking of my hand for a while. Just a little about me :p

Thank you for your response! Hope to see you more around bluelight, Cocaine_Brain!

i have no troubles fallin asleep on a dose of amphetamine below 50 mg

OP you mentioned Dancing, climbing on a play-set, messing around with young(er) kids all at a party which was probably upbeat, all the while feeling no pain and being stimulated. Exercise might have been the variable that caused the unexpected sleepiness and next day ugggh. Personally I sweat out most drugs rather quickly and sometimes find myself in premature withdrawals for the shorter acting stuff (any-codone, stims, etc). Also the interaction with family / friends at an energetic setting probably used up some natural endorphins, as well as what the drugs depleted.
Also was the cytochrome inhibitor a biggie like ketoconazole, ritonivir or a bit more sedate such as cimetidine, white grapefruit juice. If it was something with high efficacy that might throw my exercise theory out the window.

i have no troubles fallin asleep on a dose of amphetamine below 50 mg

I tried 5mg of amphetamine before bed last night and was able to sleep. Then woke up and took a Ambien :)

So far so good. What's the best way to build a tolerance without feeling effects of drug? 10% increase a day? I'm going up slow.

OP you mentioned Dancing, climbing on a play-set, messing around with young(er) kids all at a party which was probably upbeat, all the while feeling no pain and being stimulated. Exercise might have been the variable that caused the unexpected sleepiness and next day ugggh. Personally I sweat out most drugs rather quickly and sometimes find myself in premature withdrawals for the shorter acting stuff (any-codone, stims, etc). Also the interaction with family / friends at an energetic setting probably used up some natural endorphins, as well as what the drugs depleted.
Also was the cytochrome inhibitor a biggie like ketoconazole, ritonivir or a bit more sedate such as cimetidine, white grapefruit juice. If it was something with high efficacy that might throw my exercise theory out the window.

The inibitor was Valerian root, which is apparently a moderate inhibitor.