• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Opioids - Morphine - Shelf Life of a Homemade Injetable Morphine Vial?

poppyglowing

Greenlighter
I'm curious, if someone were to filter a big batch of Morphine into a sterile sealed silicone stopper vial, how long could they theoretically store it for?

Let's say someone filtered 25 100 mg IR morphine pills through .22 micron PES filters, for a total of 2,500 mg into 10 mL of bacteriostatic water. This gives 250 mg per mL.

Now, the benzyl alcohol would surely evaporate if it was cooked so it would no longer be bacteriostatic? I suppose they could add some benzoyl alcohol after to make it 0.9% and inhibit bacterial growth... but regardless of this, what might the shelf life of something like this be?

I'm curious, if someone were to filter a big batch of Morphine into a sterile sealed silicone stopper vial, how long could they theoretically store it for?

Let's say someone filtered 25 100 mg IR morphine pills through .22 micron PES filters, for a total of 2,500 mg into 10 mL of bacteriostatic water. This gives 250 mg per mL.

Now, the benzyl alcohol would surely evaporate if it was cooked so it would no longer be bacteriostatic? I suppose they could add some benzoyl alcohol after to make it 0.9% and inhibit bacterial growth... but regardless of this, what might the shelf life of something like this be?
Generally speaking, its a super bad idea to do this. I would trust a solution like that for 48hr max in a fridge, and that’s probably not smart. Unless you have an autoclave/suit/clean room and sterile glassware to deal w the solution creation etc I wouldn’t do it. Someone recently tried to sell me a faked homemade k vial… it had visible bacterial colonies floating in it 😢

put in ammonia solution and store the solid freebase that precipitates from it.

wash it a couple of times in water.

benzyl alcohol will steam distill or at least it does when we convert it to benzaldehyde hence why we trap the aldehyde in bisulfite when purifying it then steam distill.

it will store as long as opium then and I have posted reference here of opium still being found from ancient egypt that still contained opiate in it.

morphine will go black as the freebase though due to oxidation but I doubt it will grow mold as it is alkaline.

when its time to use weigh a portion then work out the moles of acetic acid need to convert to salt and add the right amount.

if you wish to remove the water from solution do not let it boil as you could damage the morphine better to leave it on a large pyrex dish and let a warm day with a fan do its trick.

of course test all of this with very small amounts and trust nothing that people say here (though often there advice is sound)

another idea if you convert to freebase you can store it in ethanol :)

no growth will happen then but as a freebase your not wacking it thats for sure.

put in ammonia solution and store the solid freebase that precipitates from it.

wash it a couple of times in water.

benzyl alcohol will steam distill or at least it does when we convert it to benzaldehyde hence why we trap the aldehyde in bisulfite when purifying it then steam distill.

it will store as long as opium then and I have posted reference here of opium still being found from ancient egypt that still contained opiate in it.

morphine will go black as the freebase though due to oxidation but I doubt it will grow mold as it is alkaline.

when its time to use weigh a portion then work out the moles of acetic acid need to convert to salt and add the right amount.

if you wish to remove the water from solution do not let it boil as you could damage the morphine better to leave it on a large pyrex dish and let a warm day with a fan do its trick.

of course test all of this with very small amounts and trust nothing that people say here (though often there advice is sound)
Isn’t morphine pretty stable In heat ? Iv over boiled my tea many times leaving it to burn, and it will taste like char but still be totally active

I mean people would smoke opium so it's gotta be at least fairly heat resistant. You could "can" the solution by bringing it up to a boil for a few minutes and then pouring it in a strong airtight container and cap it, but that's probably a horrible idea for reasons I am not fully aware of lol.

Yeah we really can't say because it's highly dependent on the conditions in which you created it. It would be much better to store it as a dry powder and use the powder to create solutions as needed.

I totally agree, I think this probably could be scaled up as a process, but I would be converned about the potential for mistakes in making such a large batch and we really don't know a lot about storing solution created with pills. A lot of questions.

I just know I store peptides for weeks or even months in bac water and they're fine...so I thought why would morphine extracted from IR pills be any different?

A lot of people home brewed steroids and that's been fine but that has benzoyl alcohol as well as benzoyl benzoate (BA/BB). This is of course much different as it is used via IM, not IV.

Regardless, peptides reconstituted with solely bac water remain fine for extended periods of time.

I suppose you could just refilter through a .22 filter prior to each injection...

of course you can heat it to boil but from memory it goes black but is still active.

when I was with the caterpillars in tassie (we call them that as they crawl on there backs with a bag on there stomach picking commercial crops at night) we extracted the alkaloids with acetic acid.

on boiling down it went a dark brown black but was still active.

this could have been due to plant products that are not morphine but as that was the result I got and I prefer to give advice that I know works.

as for the ammonia make sure its strong ie 25% and have an excess of it.

please if you do look into this learn the mole and how to measure properly.

its not hard just think ten bricks do not weigh the same as ten feathers so you need to know the weight of a feather and a brick if you want to have a one to one ratio.

same goes for chemicals.

molecular weight :)

not sure .22 is fine enough for mold spore

"The average mold spore can range from 10 – 30 microns in size"

and thats the spores not the toxins which are not cellular but rather molecular

the largest protien on this chart is around 5nm and 1nm is 0.001 microns so your not getting the mycotoxin out full stop.

now this is important take not guys to the culture growing in solution and that people who have been in the scene for some time are scared of solutions over 48 hours.

"Aflatoxins are a well-recognized carcinogen6 and are associated with mycotoxins symptoms such as organ damage, particularly to the liver."

"One of the mycotoxins it is known to produce, sterigmatocystin, is also a carcinogen."

now this is only two molds effects and to be honest mostly I think there talking about lung entrance not iv.

imagine if entrance was via iv and not lung wow nice warm wet platelets to grow on, perfect agar.

then add to that golden staph and a myriad of other toxins and it becomes obvious that if you are unsure you should not use it.

even if you kill the spores there is not telling what mycotoxins it has made in the solution and if your mainlining it you will get the full effects of that toxin.

if I had a moldy solution the only way I would feel comfortable to use it is if it were run down a chromatography column and then was tested vi gc/ms or something similar for mycotoxins.

well beyond the user and out of reach of most cooks as well.

if the product is frozen solid there is little chance of most molds but still there are things that live in the freezer listeria coming to mind as one off the top of my head

the chances of you getting that in any amount in your solution I have no idea but it does show there are things that grow in freezing temps.

but I believe that takes a lot longer to grow (listeria is in all fridges and freezers I was taught in school and in commercial kitchens it is one of the reasons that freezers must be cleaned regularly)

Well the solution would be sealed in a sterilized vial with a stopper on top. When you take some out you use a needle to draw it out, no the point of the bacteriostatic water is that it prevents microbial growth and keeps the solution sterile. This is used for many injectable medications. So unless there was mold in the pill or something then it's not like mold would just appear in there, nor listeria or anything else. Every time you'd raw back sterilize the stopper with alcohol wipes and let it dry fully before doing so. But regardless, this was just a thought experiment.

The best way to do it surely is to just prep each shot individually.

or rather than boil it put it under uv light after sealing.

uv will sort the shit out if its not already full of mycotoxins.

I just know I store peptides for weeks or even months in bac water and they're fine...so I thought why would morphine extracted from IR pills be any different?

A lot of people home brewed steroids and that's been fine but that has benzoyl alcohol as well as benzoyl benzoate (BA/BB). This is of course much different as it is used via IM, not IV.

Regardless, peptides reconstituted with solely bac water remain fine for extended periods of time.

I suppose you could just refilter through a .22 filter prior to each injection...
Because you are using sterile water, in a sterile syringe to reconstitute what should be sterile peptides in a sterile vial. That’s way different than pills that have been exposed to the environment, air etc going into a vial that also is not sterile.