• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Opioids dont last nearly as long for me as they used to. Is the normal?

User145667

Bluelighter
Even Opium tea lasts a few hours these days whereas it used to last 12-16 hours for me. It seems like all opiates last way shorter these days; and I also sober up easily and quickly if I do any sort of physical labor while I'm on them, whereas that was not the case back in the day. What's the deal here? Is this normal? Because I know other people who are addicted to them who say they still stay high for long amounts of time off opiates.

Last edited:
Your body is always trying to maintain homeostasis. Independent of each other there's the metabolism enzymes increasing while the receptors are becoming less sensitive. Tolerance is inevitable.

Even Opium tea lasts a few hours these days whereas it used to last 12-16 hours for me. It seems like all opiates last way shorter these days; and I also sober up easily and quickly if I do any sort of physical labor while I'm on them, whereas that was not the case back in the day. What's the deal here? Is this normal? Because I know other people who are addicted to them who say they still stay high for long amounts of time off opiates.
Perhaps the supply of pods your getting now ain’t as good as they use to be ,but yes you don’t feel opiates in general as you did when you first started and that’s easier to notice with pharmaceuticals because the doses are measured exactly unlike when you make a batch of pod tea

Well how often are you using these things?
Cause what you're describing sounds like classic tolerance issues. The more you use & the stronger the opioid you use, the weaker & shorter they become, until you've given your body a break again.

If you're not using every day or often enough for tolerance problems to arise, then it is indeed a little weird.

Any kind of daily opium-poppy usage brings tolerance. If you need it every day, size don't matter. Dried poppy pods are a variable natural duck-soup of opiate alkaloids including apomorphine and thebaine, some of which can be adrenergic stimulants, not acting on mu receptors.

Last edited:
Your body is always trying to maintain homeostasis. Independent of each other there's the metabolism enzymes increasing while the receptors are becoming less sensitive. Tolerance is inevitable.
Im not asking if tolerance to the actual strength of the drug is a thing... obviously it is. Im asking if its normal for the "legs" to start disappearing and if its normal for physical labor to cause the high to almost instantaneously disappear. Obviously one is going to gain tolerance to the potency of the drug. My question is, are the above concerns related to tolerance in general? As in, does this happen to most folks? Because, again, i know other opioid addicts that have been using for a long time who don't get this reaction

Well how often are you using these things?
Cause what you're describing sounds like classic tolerance issues. The more you use & the stronger the opioid you use, the weaker & shorter they become, until you've given your body a break again.

If you're not using every day or often enough for tolerance problems to arise, then it is indeed a little weird.
I mean as of late i have been using daily (and every other day for about a year). But yes, this was a problem for years even before i became physically addicted. Now, mind you, i have been using opiates recreationally off and on since i was 16 (I'm 29 now. Strangely enough, I seemed to actually have more self control when I was younger lol. Don't know how i did it honestly). So it may just be a result of my body being so accustomed to this particular high over the years.

I mean as of late i have been using daily (and every other day for about a year). But yes, this was a problem for years even before i became physically addicted. Now, mind you, i have been using opiates recreationally off and on since i was 16 (I'm 29 now. Strangely enough, I seemed to actually have more self control when I was younger lol. Don't know how i did it honestly). So it may just be a result of my body being so accustomed to this particular high over the years.
When I was on the -done, and I didn’t feel like I had the proper dose, I would increase it 10 mg. I could notice a SLIGHT difference in the effect that quickly wears off in one but no more than two

When I was on the -done, and I didn’t feel like I had the proper dose, I would increase it 10 mg. I could notice a SLIGHT difference in the effect that quickly wears off in one but no more than two days and you are that 10 mg farther away from the inevitable detox

I mean as of late i have been using daily (and every other day for about a year). But yes, this was a problem for years even before i became physically addicted. Now, mind you, i have been using opiates recreationally off and on since i was 16 (I'm 29 now. Strangely enough, I seemed to actually have more self control when I was younger lol. Don't know how i did it honestly). So it may just be a result of my body being so accustomed to this particular high over the years.L

I started using opioids as a teenager too. And I'm 35 now.
Went through withdrawals every month from the age of 19 to about 29 or 30.
It does indeed get easier to control your dosages & what not.

I used heroin for a good 5 years during all that time as well in my later 20's and never once overdosed or had any issues with "taking too much".
This is one of the reasons I advocate for fully legal heroin/opioids. Cause some people are able to keep their use around a normal level & not go crazy.
Plus honestly, I functioned 10x better through 19-30 because of opioids. Except the days I had to be in withdrawal though obviously.

I do still take buprenorphine every day but it doesn't offer that same "get up & clean my ass off or exercise & get shit done" feeling that heroin & other opioids give me. Unfortunately.

I used to think that the reason that I didn’t get as much out of the pain pills, was due to the 140 mg daily dose of methadone that caused this but now I’m not so sure. Being a connoisseur of opiates, I am convinced that these pharmaceutical companies have done something to with ‘reformulating’ the Lortab, Norco, Vicodin, etc. FYI the last Watson (probably best generic tab out there) I laid my eyes on was on December 18, 2020. Not sure if I ate the last one on the planet or not but it was just as good as I remember them.