• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids containing only Carbon, Hydrogen and Nitrogen

Neuroprotection

Bluelighter
Opioids containing only the elements Carbon, Hydrogen and nitrogen, are something I have never come across, apart from lephetamine,. However, it’s a rather weak opioid and behaves far more like an amphetamine based stimulant, having neurotoxic potential according to Wikipedia. I have a pore knowledge of chemistry, but from reading the chemical formulas of drugs like phentanyl and methadone, it appears they only have one Oxygen atom per molecule. How about removing that Oxygen atom, creating a pure amine. Im not sure what the benefits of this would be, but may be stronger affects, higher bioavalability/lipophilicity and adjusted half life. Also, for some unknown reason, I have become fascinated by drugs which only contain C, H and N in their molecules. Nicotine is a good example of that and I wonder if its chemical composition affects its pharmacology.
If anyone knows about opioids with the desired properties (only contain C, H and N, please post their names so I can research them.

Yes and no. The active ingredient of krokodil (desomorphine) has one of the oxygens removed but the other two are required. The short half life of opioids other than morphine is mainly due to de-methylation metabolism of the nitrogen. Oxygen atoms can be "masked " with acetyl groups (like heroin) which make them more lipophilic and cross into the brain more easily but if both of its bonds are to carbon atoms (like codeine) then this isn't necessary. Oxygen atoms by themselves don't really reduce the effectiveness of a drug.

Sorry if this gets overly technical, I do this for a living.