• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

[Opioids] Buprenorphine dose?

OpioidDopioid

Greenlighter
I have 2x 8mg Buprenorphine pills right now, and am looking for advise on dosage since what I've read so far is so varied. I see people say they take 0.2mg and get a good buzz while others say they took 32mg and felt nothing.

I've taken opiates on very rare occasions; only when prescribed. 20mg of Oxycodone puts me right where I like to be. A nice buzz that I can still function on. 5-10mg Oxycodone doesn't do anything for me. Hopefully this gives you an idea of my tolerance.

So, before I touch these Bupes, I want some advice from more experienced users. Should I cut them in quarters and go for 2mg, or should I make it even less than that? I know it's advisable to start low and build to where you want to be. That's what I intend to do so I'm looking for a starter dose of sorts.

Thanks.

If you have such a low tolerance to Opioids, I would highly advise not exceeding 2mg of Buprenorphine sublingually. If you stay within this boundary you should be able to have an alright time. If you're looking for a "full" Opioid experience (you won't get it) I would go for the full 2mg. Is this your first time taking Buprenorphine? I just want you to be aware that some people have negative experiences their first time experimenting with it. My friend and I both had pretty severe nausea for about a day after our first outing on Buprenorphine.

I'm not saying this will be you, I'm just saying, don't exceed the stated dosage to minimize your risk.

If you have such a low tolerance to Opioids, I would highly advise not exceeding 2mg of Buprenorphine sublingually. If you stay within this boundary you should be able to have an alright time. If you're looking for a "full" Opioid experience (you won't get it) I would go for the full 2mg. Is this your first time taking Buprenorphine? I just want you to be aware that some people have negative experiences their first time experimenting with it. My friend and I both had pretty severe nausea for about a day after our first outing on Buprenorphine.

I'm not saying this will be you, I'm just saying, don't exceed the stated dosage to minimize your risk.

This is true. A friend of mine wanted to try bupe while I was on it. He had only used oxy and hydrocodone a few times before that in low doses. I gave him a quarter of an 8mg strip and he was nodding extremely hard and throwing up every hour or so. Be mindful of how potent this stuff is.

If it is your first time with bupe, I would take it when you don't have to go anywhere. Take it on a full stomach (it should limit the nausea). Make sure you have time in the morning to deal with the chemical hangover associated with bupe. Generally it is a headache, nausea, and fatigue.

This is true. A friend of mine wanted to try bupe while I was on it. He had only used oxy and hydrocodone a few times before that in low doses. I gave him a quarter of an 8mg strip and he was nodding extremely hard and throwing up every hour or so. Be mindful of how potent this stuff is.

If it is your first time with bupe, I would take it when you don't have to go anywhere. Take it on a full stomach (it should limit the nausea). Make sure you have time in the morning to deal with the chemical hangover associated with bupe. Generally it is a headache, nausea, and fatigue.

Right. Buprenorphine is very long-lasting. Especially so if you're only familiar with short-acting Opioids like Oxycodone. If you overdo it, you could be in for 24 hours of sickness.

Right. Buprenorphine is very long-lasting. Especially so if you're only familiar with short-acting Opioids like Oxycodone. If you overdo it, you could be in for 24 hours of sickness.

^ i did that when i first tried it. Horribly nauseous, pounding headache for 24+ hours. Probably had a couple of mg - definitely less than 4mg.
If you dont have a habit (or just a slight habit), go easy.
I'd really advice 0.2 - 0.5 mg. 2mg could be a bit much without a tolerance.
Bupe is potent shit, let there be no confusion about that. And having too much is awful

You're so lucky, I've always wanted to try Bupe recreationally but can never find it

Uggh taking bup for recreational purposes makes zero sense to me...go trade it for an oxy or something

Not my opinion. If I ever go back on opiates and try to quit, I will CT before using bupe in a rapid taper. For maintaining fine (until you want to get off it too), but never again will I attempt it as a quick taper. This is just my opinion obviously, everyone must decide for themself, but fuck bupe. Also it sucks as a recreational drug.

I would not exceed 0.2 mg with a low opiate tolerance for the first time. A non tolerant person can actually overdose from just 2 mg of buprenorphine. Blue lips, vomiting, trouble walking, trouble breathing. 2 mg subligually is about 8x the standard starting therapeutic dose used for stage 4 cancer pain.

Not my opinion. If I ever go back on opiates and try to quit, I will CT before using bupe in a rapid taper. For maintaining fine (until you want to get off it too), but never again will I attempt it as a quick taper. This is just my opinion obviously, everyone must decide for themself, but fuck bupe. Also it sucks as a recreational drug.

QFT. I would never use bupe again. It accelerated my addiction.

3 8mg strips, cut up and taken in increasingly tiny doses has negated ~95% of WDs for me, after a raging 10 year habit.
Almost a "miracle cure" ime.

Must be different for every i guess.