• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids opioids/agmatine

dynodavie

Bluelighter
Does anyone on here have experience with using agmatine sulfate for opioid tolerance ? My specific is if you quit prescribed oxycodone for say a week or even 2 weeks would using agmatine sulfate during this time make your tolerance lower than if you didn't use agmatine sulfate during this time off ? thanks for your time..

My specific is if you quit prescribed oxycodone for say a week or even 2 weeks would using agmatine sulfate during this time make your tolerance lower than if you didn't use agmatine sulfate during this time off ?

I would say that it probably wouldn't make a whole lot of difference in reality. Might be better off with DXM.

But the reality is, at least in my own experience, none of the various efforts to potentiate opioids ever really made much of a difference to be frank. At least to me.

Agmatine seems to work on paper 📄 but I still have to read the first good review about it. It's probably very weak and/or has poor bioavailability in vivo. What definitely works are the dissociatives like DXM or memantine. I kicked a 600mg/d morphine habit with some mega doses of memantine.

Agmatine seems to work on paper 📄 but I still have to read the first good review about it. It's probably very weak and/or has poor bioavailability in vivo. What definitely works are the dissociatives like DXM or memantine. I kicked a 600mg/d morphine habit with some mega doses of memantine.
With respect to opioids, I agree. It did not seem to make much of a difference to my opioid tolerance or the intensity of withdrawals. I still had nasty RLS when kicking opium.
That being said, I always had withdrawals from cannabis, more so with edibles. But around 450mg of Agmatine taken 45 minutes before a canna dose significantly potentiated it to the point where I only needed half the amount to get the same effect. This allowed me to rapidly taper down and stop with no symptoms at all. The bulk of the symptoms would consist of extreme irritability and heavy night sweats. With Agmatine, I had none at all.

It also potentiated benzos for me but I needed a much larger dose of 1 - 1.5g taken 1 hour before a benzo dose. I would find myself falling asleep from just 0.25mg of klonopin where normally I would need 3 times that amount to feel drowsy.

It seems to be a hit and miss for a number of people. The QuittingKratom and QuittingPhenibut subreddits are full of positive anecdotal reports of Agmatine being extremely helpful but I did not find this to be true for me as far as opioids were concerned. I think DXM or memantine would be a far better option.

No, no….it works lol. Almost too good

There was a previous post about it with several good replies. I myself added it to daily morning Methadone 80mg and I became too sedated, the Methadone was significantly potentiated.

Another post said they were better off without it, because being in an opioid sedated stupor all day was not good lol

I bought my Agmatine Sulfate 250mg capsules online from Nootropics Depot just like my Phenibut 250mg capsules, powdered Phenibut 200 gram jar from LiftMode.com (totally unrelated lol)

Perhaps it needs to be take daily prior to opioid usage ? I believe I took 2 capsules daily like the bottle said 500mg daily with Methadone 80mg

Yes it's definitely worth taking this supplement. It's been proven to have immediate effects and it's metabolized in subsets of CYP450.

The problem is that people are looking for the answer to questions like "will it make my experience with this other substance.... (fill in any blank here)", and that's a largely SUBJECTIVE question. As importantly, you are getting into VAST differences between how any 2 people metabolize things. Even the SAME person will have different experiences based on what state they are in on any given day.

If you have ever had an amazing experience and then using the exact same substance from the exact same batch had a totally different experience another day, you understand what I mean.

The pH of your blood/gut, whatever else is floating around in you, mental state, hydration, interactions between everything from what you ate for the last 2 days to how much stress you are under.... And the list goes on and on.... Will affect the subjective perception of how you feel.

For example, there used to be days when I was on massive quantities of pain meds where 40-50mg if hydrocodone would adequately relieve pain and even give some euphoria, and the next day even 300mg of oxycontin would barely touch the pain and not produce any kind of euphoria or mental effects at all. I found out that I have a rare combination of CYP450 metabolism, but I still could not predict what was going to be adequate just to control things enough to be able to work, nevermind fine tune the experience.

WITH ALL THAT IN MIND, yes, you should absolutely try using agmatine before and during concomitant use of whatever else you use. At the upper limit of what the directions say.
It has pretty reliably enhanced all aspects of all opiates I have been scripted, including suboxone. It has never had any side effects for me, and although I can't prove anything, beyond helping me feel more relief, it also helped as far as cravings to take more of whatever the same day.

Numerous academic papers show it interacts with a variety of metabolism pathways in a positive way, so there's no doubt it's doing SOMETHING. Exactly what that something is will be unique to you. I have found that it does NOT need to build up in my system, and I reserve using it for when I am in extreme pain or craving because right now I am only taking buprenorohine. But when I was using other things I did the same. I would try to remember to take it an hour before, but even up to an hour afterwards it helped provide relief and duration. For me personally it also increased the sedation ("nod") significantly to the point where there was absolutely no chance that it was placebo.

I think that this supplement is one of the most underrated tools at your disposal!

No, no….it works lol. Almost too good

There was a previous post about it with several good replies. I myself added it to daily morning Methadone 80mg and I became too sedated, the Methadone was significantly potentiated.

Another post said they were better off without it, because being in an opioid sedated stupor all day was not good lol

I bought my Agmatine Sulfate 250mg capsules online from Nootropics Depot just like my Phenibut 250mg capsules, powdered Phenibut 200 gram jar from LiftMode.com (totally unrelated lol)

Perhaps it needs to be take daily prior to opioid usage ? I believe I took 2 capsules daily like the bottle said 500mg daily with Methadone 80mg
Sorry my reply is a bit late.
It does need to be taken daily prior to reducing opioid doses. Some users recommend 7 days. For me, the effects began when taken for 3 days prior. I should point out though that I did take it at least twice a day. I do have a friend who takes just a single nightly dose of 1 - 1.5 grams about an hour before his daily Oxy dose and for him, it negates any withdrawal symptoms he would usually get when stopping the Oxy.

But consistency is key. It needs to be taken regularly when using it to taper.
The biological half-life is barely 2 hours but the half-life in the brain is 12 hours. So the tolerance reducing effects do persist for a while. If you are a good responder, I could see taking this even the night before an opioid dose.

Let me know how it works out for you if you decide to go through with it.

Yes it's definitely worth taking this supplement. It's been proven to have immediate effects and it's metabolized in subsets of CYP450.

The problem is that people are looking for the answer to questions like "will it make my experience with this other substance.... (fill in any blank here)", and that's a largely SUBJECTIVE question. As importantly, you are getting into VAST differences between how any 2 people metabolize things. Even the SAME person will have different experiences based on what state they are in on any given day.

If you have ever had an amazing experience and then using the exact same substance from the exact same batch had a totally different experience another day, you understand what I mean.

The pH of your blood/gut, whatever else is floating around in you, mental state, hydration, interactions between everything from what you ate for the last 2 days to how much stress you are under.... And the list goes on and on.... Will affect the subjective perception of how you feel.

For example, there used to be days when I was on massive quantities of pain meds where 40-50mg if hydrocodone would adequately relieve pain and even give some euphoria, and the next day even 300mg of oxycontin would barely touch the pain and not produce any kind of euphoria or mental effects at all. I found out that I have a rare combination of CYP450 metabolism, but I still could not predict what was going to be adequate just to control things enough to be able to work, nevermind fine tune the experience.

WITH ALL THAT IN MIND, yes, you should absolutely try using agmatine before and during concomitant use of whatever else you use. At the upper limit of what the directions say.
It has pretty reliably enhanced all aspects of all opiates I have been scripted, including suboxone. It has never had any side effects for me, and although I can't prove anything, beyond helping me feel more relief, it also helped as far as cravings to take more of whatever the same day.

Numerous academic papers show it interacts with a variety of metabolism pathways in a positive way, so there's no doubt it's doing SOMETHING. Exactly what that something is will be unique to you. I have found that it does NOT need to build up in my system, and I reserve using it for when I am in extreme pain or craving because right now I am only taking buprenorohine. But when I was using other things I did the same. I would try to remember to take it an hour before, but even up to an hour afterwards it helped provide relief and duration. For me personally it also increased the sedation ("nod") significantly to the point where there was absolutely no chance that it was placebo.

I think that this supplement is one of the most underrated tools at your disposal!
While I agree largely with your post, I should point out that it is not metabolized by the CYP system. It may be a substrate for DAO but it is metabolized by L-agrinine-decarboxylase. It was predicted by ADMET to be a cyp2d6 substrate but I can't find any clinical evidence backing it up.

Rest of your post is pretty on-point although I still maintain that it can be a hit and miss for some.