• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opioid

Pooopcandy34

Greenlighter
How’s it going. I was wondering how long it realistically takes and how frequent you’d need to take an opioid to become physically dependent and experience withdrawals? I get a percocet 7.5 mg from a friend and I only get 3 a month from him at one time if I take a half once a week but sometimes half one day and half the next day is it possibly to become addicted physically?? I know the whole everyone’s body’s different spiel but just asking for advice thanks

It generally takes about 3-5 days of consecutively using before you'll experience a withdrawal.

When I first did opioids as a teenager, I would use them only for a day once in awhile. And honestly they're an acquired taste & I think it would take multiple times of using before somebody really started to enjoy them. Cause most people are just gonna feel sedated & maybe even nauseous if they're not really use to it.

Everyone's different though as far as their chances of getting addicted/dependent. Some people might not get any withdrawals if they're not a habitual user & it's just a one off time. Some one might try it once & decide they wanna keep doing it. So no one can really say when or how you'll get addicted.

If you're fine with 3 percocet a month, then I wouldn't say you're addicted. But if you decide you need more than 3 a month or suddenly start craving it all the time, then yeah you'll get addicted.

Highly unlikely that you'll get dependent from using 3 percocet a month though.
You would have to use all day, everyday, for at least 3-5 days in a row before you'd get a withdrawal.

How’s it going. I was wondering how long it realistically takes and how frequent you’d need to take an opioid to become physically dependent and experience withdrawals? I get a percocet 7.5 mg from a friend and I only get 3 a month from him at one time if I take a half once a week but sometimes half one day and half the next day is it possibly to become addicted physically?? I know the whole everyone’s body’s different spiel but just asking for advice thanks

If you’re only getting three perc 7.5s a month you can’t become physically addicted.
It takes a few weeks of everyday use for an opiate naive person to become physically addicted.

My advice, stay away from them. It’s a bad road to start down.

Always, fair winds and following seas

My advice would be to quit while you're ahead. Not trying to sound preachy but once you are addicted your life will revolve around the drug and from experience it isn't a good way to live.

I started with 5mg oxy once in a while but that rarely last long. Years later I've od'd, been dope sick more times then i care to mention.

You're going to use regardless and i can't stop you but just read around the forum and you'll see the hell people are going through after starting with a couple pills.